main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **NOMMED** The Family Album -- Solo & Skywalker Clans (Post-NJO AU) -- COMPLETE 6/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    I?m not sure which of his kids he?s trying to kiss through Mom?s stomach in this holo. Nik would tell you it is probably me. It is not my fault that by the time my parents had three children taking holos of them was no longer a top priority.

Ha! So true...

The whole part about "the mother's curse" was hilarious!

The next clear memory I have is the traditional father/daughter dance. The song I chose was an old jizz standard. Dad used to sing it to us kids to calm us down and get ready to sleep. Pulling me against him, he leaned in to my ear and started recounting all his favorite memories of the two of us...

Awwwwwwww [:D]

2. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Heya Big Fatty!

I'm glad there was an update!

That was really nice! Thanks for the update!

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Whoever said, ?You?re not losing a daughter but gaining a son? lied?, but things could have been worse. [face_laugh] Nice one, Jag.

Awww, that was so sweet! Well done.

4. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Beautiful update BF.

Pulling me against him, he leaned in to my ear and started recounting all his favorite memories of the two of us: the drawings I would make of starfighters to decorate his office, how I could fall sleep in a heartbeat no matter the environment as long as I was on his lap, how my first steps were to him, and teaching me how to fly a shuttle. As usual, he was a rock during those few minutes. Never once did he allow us to miss a step or fall off the tempo; his voice never cracked and although his eyes were moist, no tears fell. I love my dad.

They must have had a special relationship. Nawra's a very lucky girl to have a father like Jag.

5. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    SWpants: Yay for happy tears. Glad you enjoyed the entry.

Blue_Milkshake: I don't remember you replying to this before, maybe you have. But just in case: new reader dance! [face_dancing] And as a person who once received the "mother's curse", I couldn't resist throwing it in. Thanks for stopping by to read.

jade: Thank you and you're welcome.

Fels: Glad I could make you laugh. Thanks for reading.

Lola: Thank you very much. And yes, Nawra's a spoiled brat with all the good people she has in her life.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I?m not sure which of his kids he?s trying to kiss through Mom?s stomach in this holo. Nik would tell you it is probably me. It is not my fault that by the time my parents had three children taking holos of them was no longer a top priority.

As the mother of four, I can relate to this a lot! [face_laugh]

Great update. =D=

7. JainaandJag4ever

JainaandJag4ever Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2006
  8. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_love]=D=

I've been waiting for you to use that "holo!!" I so love that piece: so tender, and so like an enthusiastic expectant father! I wish I had time for a more detailed reply, but since I'm limited, I'll just say that the little scene at the end, where Jag is retelling all his favorite moments from Nawra's childhood really got me--so beautiful! A wonderful chapter, Sara! Brava!
    =D=

FF

9. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    VaderLVR: As the oldest child of the family, I never experienced the lack of photo evidence in my childhood. But glad to hear that the comment was accurate.

JJ4ever: Thanks

FF: I wish you had more time to reply, too. I love reading your analysis and look forward to them as soon as I hit "post". Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting.

10. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Oh Jag finally got his own memory :D Good post :)

11. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Stopped by to say I loved the update! Nice to see Jag as a dad - and a very typical Corellian. Short on time, have to run, but LOVED it!

Telanna

12. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Love that drawing. :)

Whenever I bring this up she tells me to take my complaints to my grandmother, who cursed my mother at the age of ten with one of the worst things you can tell a child: ?When you grow up, I hope you have a daughter who acts just like you.?
    Wait a minute. My mother said those exact same words to me when I was eleven. Shavit.

[face_laugh]

Sure Dad stayed quiet and withdrawn during ceremony preparations; asked me about two hundred times the morning of the big day, ?Are you sure this is what you really want??; started his toast at the reception with, ?Whoever said, ?You?re not losing a daughter but gaining a son? lied?, but things could have been worse.

[face_laugh]

I knew as we stood outside the garden?s entrance that when Dad looked at me he still saw the seven-year-old girl wearing a precariously positioned piece of opaque material trailing nearly a meter behind her, and not the thirty-year-old woman standing at his side.

:_| This brought me close to tears. Lovely description. =D=

Again, a very realistic look at the Fel family through Nawra's eyes. I love how you take the narrative from humorous and casual to sweet and poignant. Thanks for sharing. :)

13. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    =D= Great images.

14. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Chimpo: I know Jag gets neglected. It's due to the sad like of art of him. But I know I have at least one piece of art left him.

Padawan: Thank for dropping in for a quick comment, glad you liked it.

j_o_e: Thanks for liking the art and the post. :)

Other Padawan: Thank you.

15. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Announcement: Want to get to know four of the OCs in this story better, find out what the next post will be centered around, or just want to read why Nawra is going through her family album? Click here and scroll down to their OC interviews.

16. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Buttons/Used/airennawrabutton.jpg]

This is a holo of Airen and I taken about a month ago. Be careful?looks can be deceiving. We married a little over three years ago. Right away he wanted to start a family, but I was hesitant, to say the least.

My generation is the second in a row to be missing a child. We have a high number of orphans in my family, as well as children with less than ideal to downright awful childhoods. And even when the childhoods are strong and stable, like mine, the kids can be terrors on their parents? sanity. I?m told that last bit is normal no matter what your surname is, but my family exceeds at getting into trouble.

Using that knowledge and the fact that I could be asked to take on a padawan at any time was enough of an excuse to keep Airen at bay for a while. Besides, he was still heavily involved in running missions with Alliance Intelligence. But then things changed. Tired of seeing more of Intel buddies than his wife, he asked for a transfer and was reassigned from being sent out to gather information to training new recruits at the Intel branch on Ossus? second moon. On top of that, instead of being assigned a padawan, I was given the position of researching current knights and learners and suggesting who should be paired with whom to the Masters? Council. Translation: Airen and I now have incredible steady and travel-free positions at our respective places of employment. To Airen it meant we were ready to start a family. To me it meant I needed to find some new stall tactics.

Don?t get me wrong--I love kids. Family has, obviously, been a huge part of my life. But the idea of starting one of my own scares me more than reports of a new Sith Lord coming on to the scene. Airen will be the first to admit the thought of becoming a father terrifies him too, but he has been trained to feed his energy off of those kinds of nervous emotions. Oh, the joys of marrying an adrenaline junky.

He has been more patient than I could ever ask for in giving me time to warm up to the idea, but even that ran out after a while. He came into my office at the Praxeum for lunch one afternoon last month. I could tell from the way he wasn?t inhaling his meal of gatari noodles?one of his favorites?that he was trying to piece together the best way to say something. I told him to get whatever it was off of his chest. I then knew it was something big and important because he set his food down in order to pace the area of carpet in front of my desk and strongly gesticulate with his hands.

He told me about growing up in the orphanage, which is something he rarely does; his experiences there were harsh. You would think things would have gotten better between the time my grandfather and my husband were part of the system, but there was little to no improvement. Airen then explained how much healthier his life became since he was brought into my family. He never imagined he could be part of such a loving environment, mostly because when compared to the harsh reality of his childhood, the contrast was too painful to deal with. He walked around my desk, spun my chair to face him, and kneeled in front of it. He told me that there will always be a million reasons why now wouldn?t be the right time: what if war breaks out, what if something happens to one of us, what if our jobs change, what if, what if, what if.

?But a life of what ifs isn?t a life worth living and you know it.? He said. ?Please, Nawra.?

Being the Corellian man he is, everything Airen does is done with immense passion. Hearing the emotion in his voice and feeling his plea roll off of him in the Force, I closed my eyes and let myself really ponder the possibility for the first time. I had a quick vision of the usual worst-case scenarios I have when attempting to make a decision as a test to see if I can handle it. Yes, they were scary, but I quickly discovered there wasn?t a single a situation where I wouldn?t have a solid support network in pla

17. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Very nice picture. :)

Hehehe. Poor Nawra. In fact, poor family. You'd think they'd get a break every now and then. This seems like one, though.

*KT applauds*

KT

18. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    The following morning I went to see a healer to have the repress meds in my system reversed. And thanks to Gavin and his ?good intentions of spreading the joyful news? as he called it, Airen was making bets with my brothers on whether our first child would be a boy or a girl. My brothers are betting it will be a girl because Airen isn?t manly enough to have a son for his firstborn. My father then proceeded to point out that his first was a daughter, so did they think he wasn?t all that manly? Watching the two of them flounder around for an excuse was priceless.

[face_laugh]

Loved it! =D=

19. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    To me it meant I needed to find some new stall tactics.

[face_laugh]

My brothers are betting it will be a girl because Airen isn?t manly enough to have a son for his firstborn. My father then proceeded to point out that his first was a daughter, so did they think he wasn?t all that manly? Watching the two of them flounder around for an excuse was priceless.

[face_laugh] Oh that's too funny & very cute

I figured that she'd be pregnant in the end. That was such a great post & I love the picture!

20. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    First of all, a big round of =D==D= to Zonoma for the wonderful painting--it's just beautiful, Z, with the happy emotion just spilling off the screen! =D=

And now--to the beautiful narrative!

Translation: Airen and I now have incredible steady and travel-free positions at our respective places of employment. To Airen it meant we were ready to start a family. To me it meant I needed to find some new stall tactics.

[face_laugh] Oh, do I know a lot of parents (moms and dads!) that have gone through this very dilemma--"What excuse do I use now?!"

Family has, obviously, been a huge part of my life. But the idea of starting one of my own scares me more than reports of a new Sith Lord coming on to the scene. Airen will be the first to admit the thought of becoming a father terrifies him too, but he has been trained to feed his energy off of those kinds of nervous emotions. Oh, the joys of marrying an adrenaline junky.

Too true!! Having kids is a completely different kind of anxious-ness, though--about whether we'll be good parents, whether the children will be safe and healthy--lots of intangibles. I understand both Nawra and Airen on this point!

He walked around my desk, spun my chair to face him, and kneeled in front of it. He told me that there will always be a million reasons why now wouldn?t be the right time: what if war breaks out, what if something happens to one of us, what if our jobs change, what if, what if, what if.

?But a life of what ifs isn?t a life worth living and you know it.? He said. ?Please, Nawra.?

:_| BAAAWWWHHH!!! And she did exactly what any sane woman in love with her husband would: she melted! ;)

I totally loved the account of her "nosey idiot" brothers, LOL!! Thank the Force my brother doesn't have Force-access to my thoughts--we'd be in the same gritty dynamic!

My brothers are betting it will be a girl because Airen isn?t manly enough to have a son for his firstborn. My father then proceeded to point out that his first was a daughter, so did they think he wasn?t all that manly? Watching the two of them flounder around for an excuse was priceless.

[face_laugh] What I would have given to see this little exchange! LOL!! =D= Go get 'em, Jag!

You guessed it: I?m pregnant. I shouldn?t really be surprised; whenever my husband takes on a mission, he is incredibly thorough and determined until the mission is accomplished as soon as possible.

[face_laugh] ROTFLMAO!! Go, Airen! [face_laugh]

With Airen gone and out of touch, I was at a loss of what to do. So I snuck into my parents? home?they are currently taking a rare vacation?and started looking through their family album in hopes of coming to grips with the fact that Airen and I will now be starting our own family. It hasn?t worked yet.

Aw, this made me misty! She's confused, scared and delighted, all at the same time--the experience of every single woman in her situation, I think!

A beautiful post, Sara--and I couldn't be more delighted that Nawra and Airen are expecting a child of their own now! What a touching account, so beautifully written--just wonderful!

FF

21. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    =D= What a beautiful way for Nawra's tale to come full circle. I loved the thought that she would soon be starting her own album, along with her new family.

I guess I've been hoping for her a while now, but her playing hard to get, and her excuses were all very Solo of her. I can't wait to hear how things go. Considering all that happens to kids in her family, like she pointed out, I wish her and the child the best.

[face_love]

22. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Great picture. Wonderful update.

I knew that Nawra was eventually going to say yes. How could she resist creating a little Airen?

[face_laugh]Jag not manly? Betcha Jaina could've set her boys straight. ;)

23. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    *grin*

Let me say that was very cute, with the fake holo's and bets :) tee hee

24. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Great update, as usual. ;)

[face_laugh]

With Airen gone and out of touch, I was at a loss of what to do. So I snuck into my parents? home?they are currently taking a rare vacation?and started looking through their family album in hopes of coming to grips with the fact that Airen and I will now be starting our own family. It hasn?t worked yet.

I agree with padawanlost; love the way this paragraph brings things full circle. =D=

btw, loved the OC surveys. Airen's comment on "stuffed animals" was priceless. [face_laugh]

25. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    KT: This will be a break for the family.

VaderLVR: Thank you

SWpants: Glad you enjoyed the post. All praise for the image should be directed
    Zonoma's direction.

FF: A big round of applause for the art indeed. I was thrilled to find this little surprise in my in box last month. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such wonderful comments. I sincerely appreciate them and squee when I see that you've left a note in this thread. [:D]

padawanlost: It is very full circle. Honestly, I was going to make this the last chapter in this story to have things come back around to this place, but I keep having dreams where I'm pregnant so I decided it would be better to write this one sooner rather than later.

Lola: Oh, I never even thought of bringing Jaina into that conversation. I'm sure her children would be happy that I didn't knowing where Jaina would have been more than willing to take the direction of a discussion on her husband's masculinity. ;)

jade: Thank you

j_o_e: First, thank you for making me aware that my Valentine's Day icons were uploaded. Nothing like a little "I heart" so and so action for a few days. Second, glad you liked the post. And last but not least, thank you very much for taking the time to go and read the surveys, and I'm happy they were entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.