main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **NOMMED** The Family Album -- Solo & Skywalker Clans (Post-NJO AU) -- COMPLETE 6/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Everything has to be complicated for that family. Great update.

2. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Great update! I can see how history class might lack a certain something when compared to first-hand accounts.

Loved how Grandpa Han was too over the top for her teacher! That scoundrel. [face_laugh]

3. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Wonderful update.=D=

Gavin is a cutie, with or without his bucket.

Stahmtoopah

[face_laugh] Little kids are just adorable. It's kind of a shame that they grow out of that.

The art is wonderful BF.

4. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Poor kids, such a family would definitely make for some complicated ethics when it came to roleplay. [face_plain] I can see how it would also complicate history classes. ;) I love the detail and tangibility of Nawra's memories, and the part about her quoting Han in her homework just made me laugh. Great job with this! :D

5. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Yes, nearly every child in the galaxy has spent at least one afternoon running around a yard with a bucket on their head, and the members of my family were no different.
    Phew. Glad to know more people have experienced other kids running around with buckets on their heads. :cool:

Sweet post. If you had to go to regular school as the child and grandchild of famous historical figures... that couldn't be easy.

6. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Adorable update! I can only imagine that this is the tip of the iceburg when it comes to complications of a rebel marrying an imperial. Family functions would HAVE to be interesting!

And fantastic artwork! [face_love]

[:D] Voz

7. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    SWPants: They are both quite adorable, thank you. And I'm sure they'd rather have the stories straight from the source rather than a slightly higher GPA.

FF: To get compliments on art from you means a ton, thank you. [face_blush] And I'm sure the kids would rather have the truth as well when it comes to history. Thanks for stopping by.

IceFire: My daycare kids aren't really to familiar with Star Wars (the boys prefer Spiderman), but that doesn't stop them from fighting over buckets to put on their heads... just to wear them I guess. I'm very happy I could bring a little happiness to your day. [:D]

oldj: Thank you

SoE: Haha, yes, that would make research almost fun. That would be a nice change.

KT: Thanks

VaderLVR: Thank you

Nat: Thanks, and it's not that hard to show complicated they are. It's just lying there begging to be made fun of.

j_o_e: Thanks so much :)

Fels: Thank you

Blue_Milkshake: I couldn't resist poking a little fun at one of my favorite, outspoken characters. ;)

Lola: Sounds like something my Dad says. Whenever he sees a picture of my sister or I when we were little, he'll always jokingly ask, "You were so cute... what happened?"

E_L: Thank you so much! :)

Solo_and_Fel: No worries, you were definitely not the only one running around with a bucket on your head. ;) Thanks for reading.

Padawan: Thank you so much for stopping by and reading. And yes, it would be quite the complicated marriage for many reasons. [:D]

I've got a good start on the next update, but it's the very end of the semester. This means one of two things will happen: 1) it will be up and finished soon because I'll need a distraction from studying 2) it will have to wait until finals are over next week. If you had to make a bet, put your money down on option #1.

8. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Buttons/Used/Fel_Family_Portrait_FinalColor2butt.jpg]

This is a holo of my parents and Nik taken about six months ago. It is from a gala celebrating the commission of Nik?s Grakit squadron. That day was a long one in coming. I honestly believe Nik could have taken control of a group of pilots at the age of twenty, if not a couple of years earlier. While I am nearly a clone of my mother, Nik is Dad all over again, except with brown hair and a scar-free forehead. Gavin acts like Grandpa Han with a lightsaber, but that is a whole other bunch of stories

Dad and Grandpa Soontir meet with Chiss delegates once a year. The GA has a handful of clawcraft fighters in its ranks, while the Chiss have a matching number of Eta-9s. The meeting place alternates every year between Denon and Csilla. Our family tries our best to all attend the gatherings on Csilla just to get a biannual glimpse of what Dad?s life was like growing up. Getting even all my immediate family members together for a trip has always been difficult regardless of our ages; there were always missions, schoolwork, and whatever virus that happened to be making its way around the school that particular year getting in the way. Honestly, I think Dad and Nik are the only ones to make it to every conference in the last thirty years. Therefore, understandably, Nik is the Fel child closest to Shawnkyr. She?s been a presence in our family?s life despite livening light-years away; she was Dad?s best man at my parents? wedding after all. But it is Nik who is prone to comming her to shoot the breeze. And when I say ?shoot the breeze?, I of course mean discussing topics like fuel mix ratios, starfighter battle tactics, and the optimum distance to link lasers on an X-wing. It may be that his inability to understand what small talk should actually be about outweighs his nearly constant, at least partial, state of undress leaving him unable to keep a girlfriend.

Regardless of that matter, Nik has been around fighter squadrons his whole life. Granted, all of us kids have; to this day my parents? home is the unofficial headquarters for the Rogues. But just like Gavin was born to lead the Jedi, Nik was born to lead pilots.

Despite our heritage, Nik refused to take any shortcuts while working his way up the chain of command; while my parents appreciated this, Dad thought Nik was putting off promotions just a little too fervently. The continual questioning of motivation for Nik?s actions started when my youngest brother started flight school at the age of eighteen, attempting to do so under an alias. This may not have been a problem if Nik had informed our parents of his plan; I am sure they would have understood his desire for anonymity, but he didn?t. He managed to swindle some make-up and hair dye from Dad?s cousin, Myri Antilles, who works for Galactic Alliance intelligence. Nik was successful in disguising himself as Derrik Ankaru, a native of Commenor, for all of seven weeks. He tried his best to be good, but not too good?something incredibly difficult for members of my mother?s side to do; hence, more evidence that Nik is just like Dad. Sadly, the instructors picked up on the fact that Nik might be holding out on his talent. They set him up in one of the most difficult Sims they could find, a recreation of the battle over Borleias during the Vong War. What they didn?t tell him was that several higher-ups, including one former Rogue Squadron leader with a scar running up his forehead, would be watching.

In case you didn?t know, the battle over Borleias was a crucial piece of history not only for the galaxy, but especially for my family. Us kids have heard all about everyone?s different perspectives from our relatives and family friends who were there. We?ve known intimate details of how the battle played out since we were little. So it?s not surprising that Nik not only did well in the simulation, but was able to anticipate certain events and performed maneuvers that mirrored our parents own mo

9. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    to this day my parents? home is the unofficial headquarters for the Rogues.

[face_laugh] You know, that doesn't surprise me ;)

I like what Nik did but it's too bad he's declined every good thing that's come his way.

That was a very cute update :)

10. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Great story! I can just see Jag getting all hot under the coller....I expect he's the silent and cold type of angry though.
    I continue to love how this does feel exactly like someone telling you stories of their family while flpping through the family album! [:D]

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    YEAHH!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

Great update, BF!! And oldj--you know how much I love these drawings! Your ability to capture these "family moments" is just exceptional, and I know Sara has (and we have!) been utterly grateful for each and every one! :D

Now--to the comments! :D

Gavin acts like Grandpa Han with a lightsaber, but that is a whole other bunch of stories.

Oh, please-oh, please!! **face-begging-like-a-puppy** A "Grandpa Han"-clone with a lightsaber just sounds too inviting!!

to this day my parents? home is the unofficial headquarters for the Rogues.

Ah--to have some of those "unofficial 'meetings' " on holovid! lol! More 'bunches of stories!' ;)

While Nik isn?t a Jedi, I still think he falls into the Force when he?s flying, or at least his little version of becoming one with his surroundings and giving up control of his actions.

You have no idea how true this is for actual fighter pilots--they're so highly trained that reactions and instincts seem to mesh in battle--it's like "giving up oneself to the Force." Wonderful and very insightful passage.

he ignored her first message, but no one truly gets away with ignoring my mother.

LOL!! Go, Jaya! ;) [face_laugh] Oh-so-IC! **nodding vigorously**

But my youngest brother has declined every offer, for now at least, even though they are the pilots who gave Nik his callsign?Sweet Cheeks?in reference to my brother?s nudist tendencies.

OMG!! [face_laugh][face_laugh] On the floor with this one!! "Sweet Cheeks!" Too funny! [face_laugh]

Despite the fact we have been experiencing peace for a while now, Nik never wanted to overestimate his abilities. He never took a step forward unless he felt he was truly prepared to do so because he knew others? lives were dependent on him. I have no fear that if war breaks out, the Grakits will have the highest pilot retention rate in the fleet. Nik will do anything for his pilots, and they feel the same way about him.

**hugs Nik** A man whose hand I would be proud and honored to shake--a man I wish was not fictional, but real--a man of wisdom, integrity and honor. Brava, BF--Nik is just fabulous.

I loved this chapter (and dreaded it, as I know how close to "the end" we're getting... **sobs quietly**)--Nik truly is a blend of all the best human qualities of both his parents--a person I would like to emulate. Wonderful telling of some of his missteps, as well as some of his greatest moments. Awesome chapter! =D=

FF

12. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    Give us More!!!!
    I love Nawra!!!
    JR

13. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    I'm with Nawra, I want to know what Jag said to Nik.

"I know how it ends," is a very Jag thing to say in that moment, very Corellian.

As always, a delightful update =D=

14. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Well, if no one has a claim to Sweet Cheeks then I'll volunteer to clean up after him. I mean, a Jr Jag is quite a prize. I'm just saying. [face_love]

Another great update BF and some great drawing oldj.

15. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hahaha, 'Sweet Cheeks.' *dies laughing*

:)

KT

16. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    Gavin acts like Grandpa Han with a lightsaber, but that is a whole other bunch of stories.

Oh man, now that's a picture. I'd love to hear those stories.

And when I say ?shoot the breeze?, I of course mean discussing topics like fuel mix ratios, starfighter battle tactics, and the optimum distance to link lasers on an X-wing.

lol I love that you worked Shawnkyr in. I always really liked her, and I wish that profic hadn't discarded her. :(

But just like Gavin was born to lead the Jedi, Nik was born to lead pilots.

Sounds like a good setup to me. :D

What they didn?t tell him was that several higher-ups, including one former Rogue Squadron leader with a scar running up his forehead, would be watching.

*snickers* So much for anonymity. ;)

As the sim continued, my father?s temper was growing hot enough that my mother commed him to see what was the matter. I?m told he ignored her first message, but no one truly gets away with ignoring my mother.

lol It's so true! I like that she's enough attuned to him that she can sense his anger.

He countered that he never went so far as an alias and disguise; Mom argued that he wouldn?t have been smart enough to carry it off.

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] Yep, that's Jaina.

But my youngest brother has declined every offer, for now at least, even though they are the pilots who gave Nik his callsign?Sweet Cheeks?in reference to my brother?s nudist tendencies.

oh...so funny...[face_laugh]

He never took a step forward unless he felt he was truly prepared to do so because he knew others? lives were dependent on him.

I agree with FalconFan; he has that rare quality, honor.

Fabulous post! =D= You combine the humorous and the bittersweet so well. I'm going to be very sad when this is over.

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I have yet to force Nik to tell me what happened during his conversation with our father, and there?s absolutely no way I?m going to ask Dad for those details. But after that day, Nik dropped the alias and began to not only show his true colors and heritage, but also his true ability in a cockpit. Not surprisingly, he graduated at the top of his class. He was offered his own squadron as soon as he was out of the academy, but declined. Once about every three months since he?s been eighteen, Nik has been offered a slot with the Rogues. But my youngest brother has declined every offer, for now at least, even though they are the pilots who gave Nik his callsign?Sweet Cheeks?in reference to my brother?s nudist tendencies.

Loved it! [face_laugh] =D=

18. IceFire27

IceFire27 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2007
    I'm really not surprised that their home became the unofficial headquarters for the Rogues. After all were else would they go? They always have to harass former commanders. :p

I'm also happy to see that Nik has just a little of his great-uncle Wedge in him. After all how many promotions did he turn down? It took a lot to convince him to allow them to increase his rank. It's only fair that Nik has some of the Antillies traits in him. He can't be all Solo or Fel. [:D]

19. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    great update :)

20. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    [face_laugh]

I think "Sweet Cheeks" is my all-time favorite call sign.

Excellent.

21. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Sweet Cheeks

HA!

Jag's reaction was great..

22. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Nice update! :) I'm going to have to agree with everyone else: "Sweet Cheeks" is, quite possibly, the best callsign ever. :p

23. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Loved it!! And Nik's naked tendancies are great!

24. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    =D=Fabulous, simply fabulous!=D=

Gavin acts like Grandpa Han with a lightsaber, but that is a whole other bunch of stories

Oooh, now you've got our collective curiousity piqued.

It may be that his inability to understand what small talk should actually be about outweighs his nearly constant, at least partial, state of undress leaving him unable to keep a girlfriend.

[face_laugh]Poor Nik and his "Uncle Jacen complex!"

As the sim continued, my father?s temper was growing hot enough that my mother commed him to see what was the matter. I?m told he ignored her first message, but no one truly gets away with ignoring my mother.

Whoa, those must have been some pretty hot anger vibes Jag was sending out into the universe!

Mom brags that it was one of the very few times that she had to rein my father in from wanting to go all dark side on his children.
    [face_skull][face_laugh]

He countered that he never went so far as an alias and disguise; Mom argued that he wouldn?t have been smart enough to carry it off.

[face_laugh]

...they are the pilots who gave Nik his callsign?Sweet Cheeks?in reference to my brother?s nudist tendencies.

[face_laugh]Nik must have at least a tiny bit of a sense of humor if he kept that callsign.

25. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Good post and another great piece of artwork by oldj =D= :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.