main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends **NOMMED** The Family Album -- Solo & Skywalker Clans (Post-NJO AU) -- COMPLETE 6/24

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    SWpants: Nik didn't turn down every good thing that came his way, just the ones he felt he wasn't ready for.

TSF: Thanks so much. And I think the same thing about Jag's temper.

Deb: I swear I will tell some adult!Gavin stories in
    B&B, just as soon as this monster wraps up. He really is the most fun of the kids and I keep kicking myself for not telling others about it. Thanks so much for stopping by and showing your love for Nik.

JR: I don't remember your username, so just in case: New reader dance! [face_dancing] And there will be more Nawra, but only two more posts for this story, and then whatever plot bunnies come to mind for
    B&B. But thanks for the request!

padawanlost: Yay for another comment about people being in character; that's like a big piece of cheesecake to me.

Lola: No one (to my knowledge) as made an official claim to Nik, so he's all yours. ;)

KT: Thank you; inspiration should be credited to The Office.

Emerald_Lady: Shawnkyr is on a list of characters that I'm not happy with profic for abandoning. Thank you so much for reading and replying.

VaderLVR: Thank you. :)

IceFire: Good job on picking up on the little tidbits of Wedge I put into the story. ;) I was hoping others would see that in Nik.

Chimpo: Thanks

oldj: Thank you, and thanks so much for all the art you've donated (and the plot bunnies it spawned).

jade: Thank you

j_o_e: Thank you very much :)

cheersweetie: That's what all the girls say... I mean, thanks.

blue_milkshake: First, nice memory for the "Uncle Jacen Complex" comment. :) And yes, Nik does have a sense of humor; it's just very close to his father's.

YodaKenobi: Thank you

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Great post!! This is one of my favorites in this story. I love Jag's reply about staying to see the rest of the sim; it's really powerful.

Sweet Cheeks = [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Great work!

4. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Nat: Thank you. And Jag is a powerful guy. ;)

Fels: Thanks!

5. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Hahaha... just finished reading these and I love them. @};- [face_love] :*

Keep up the good work!

:mad: Bendu

6. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks Bendu, and welcome to the story!

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Buttons/Used/JainaSButton.gif]

This holo of my mother was taken towards the end of the war with the Vong. Even though it is one image that has managed to stay private, it has still been fought over and traveled through quite a vast amount of space.

In case you didn?t know, my mother prefers a certain look when it comes to being attracted to men. Don?t think she would ever cheat on my dad, because she wouldn?t. She just managed to show her predisposition by encouraging me to date guys with dark hair and green eyes. I guess this is one way I?m not like my mother since Airen has blonde hair and blue eyes. Although, when we met undercover, he did kind of look like? shavit, I am a clone of my mother.

Anyway, back to the holo. It was taken by one of Mom?s wingmen back in the early days of the Twin Suns Squadron. No, not Dad?Kyp Durron. I?m not entirely sure what his motivation for doing this was, but I?m sure annoying my father was somewhere on the list. Yes, my mother and Kyp were attracted to each other at one point and time. I can?t speak for Kyp, but Mom once told me?one of the few times she?s spoken to me about the topic?that her feelings for the man were something akin to the crush every female student gets for one of her teachers. If a woman tells you that she never had a crush on an instructor she?s lying. We?ve all done it if for no other reason than daydreaming about the instructor makes class go by faster. My personal crush, like most female students at the Jedi Praxeum, was Master Finvrat. He was one of the combat instructors, which meant that nine times out of ten by the end of class, he was shirtless, sweating and leaving very young women to daydream about things most of us didn?t really understand at that age. But at least it was also a good excuse to practice shielding our thoughts, right?

Mom?s schoolgirl crush was, like most things in her life, atypical. Very rarely do girls have to put their lives in the hands of their handsome instructors day in and day out. This elevated Mom?s thoughts about Kyp to a whole new level. So much so that when the war was over Mom had to stop and think about which relationship she wanted to pursue. She told me once that she chose my father over Kyp the day he returned to the Unknown Regions to care for the woman I was named after. She refused to tale that as a sign and stayed away from men the best she could, which meant spending two years running herself into the ground with missions. But that story isn?t what this holo is about.

Kyp took this image within the last year of the Vong War. Since this was during Mom?s Goddess stint, Kyp made sure there was only one copy of the holo and that it was only shown to a select few. He kept it stashed in whatever locker he used depending on where the squadron was being stationed. He never flaunted it; just left it visible to whoever glanced at his open storage space. That is until one day when my father decided to steal the holo.

My father said his reasons were valid; something along the lines of protecting Mom?s personal side and that he could do a better job of doing it than Kyp. Everyone knew that while this may have been one of the reasons, it wasn?t the only one. The other pilots in the squadron laughed at my father?behind his back, of course?because everyone knew Dad?s real reason was jealousy and that it was ironic that he thought he was better at keeping secrets since the whole squadron, and maybe even the whole fleet, knew about the nature of my parents? relationship. Thus began a nearly year long game between the two similarly featured men. There was a constant tally to see who could retain the image the longest. Master Durron told me once that there was an elaborate set of rules detailing where the holo could be kept and just how far a man could go to regain possession of it. Of course, when I asked Dad about it he flat out denied all of it,

7. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Although, when we met undercover, he did kind of look like? shavit, I am a clone of my mother

[face_laugh] Funny how that seems to turn out the majority of the time

But at least it was also a good excuse to practice shielding our thoughts, right?

hahahaha, she's got that right!

Since this was during Mom?s Goddess stint, Kyp made sure there was only one copy of the holo and that it was only shown to a select few. He kept it stashed in whatever locker he used depending on where the squadron was being stationed. He never flaunted it; just left it visible to whoever glanced at his open storage space

You've got to love Kyp. And plus....instructors can develop feelings for their students ;)

Master Durron told me once that there was an elaborate set of rules detailing where the holo could be kept and just how far a man could go to regain possession of it

That could be an interesting side story ;)

From then on I always made sure to have a question I had to talk to him about because one can never have too much dirt on their parents.

hehehe, all too true.

That picture looks gorgeous!

8. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excellent!

I can just see one or the other sneaking through a lockerroom to pilfer the picture.

9. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Another great chapter. Loved the Kyp/Jag/Jaina stuff.

Great piece of art, FalconFan! And beautifully colored, BigFatty.

oldj

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Whee!! A postie!! =D=[face_dancing]

She just managed to show her predisposition by encouraging me to date guys with dark hair and green eyes. I guess this is one way I?m not like my mother since Airen has blonde hair and blue eyes. Although, when we met undercover, he did kind of look like? shavit, I am a clone of my mother.

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Ah!! Poor Nawra!! Only now does she understand! lol! ;) And so true!

her feelings for the man were something akin to the crush every female student gets for one of her teachers. If a woman tells you that she never had a crush on an instructor she?s lying. We?ve all done it if for no other reason than daydreaming about the instructor makes class go by faster.

Oh, heavens, is this ever REAL!! LOL! And it DOES make the time go faster, yes? ;)

He was one of the combat instructors, which meant that nine times out of ten by the end of class, he was shirtless, sweating and leaving very young women to daydream about things most of us didn?t really understand at that age.

*fans self* Oh, my yes!

But at least it was also a good excuse to practice shielding our thoughts, right?

ROFL!! I'll bet!!

Thus began a nearly year long game between the two similarly featured men. There was a constant tally to see who could retain the image the longest. Master Durron told me once that there was an elaborate set of rules detailing where the holo could be kept and just how far a man could go to regain possession of it. Of course, when I asked Dad about it he flat out denied all of it, but knowing what his sabacc face looks like, I could tell he was lying.

This is perfect IC for both these men: Kyp the irreverent, mischievous one, and Jag the stoic, heroic one (re: "protecting Jaina's personal side..." ;) )! Loved this part--rules! LOL!!

I never heard anything about this until I was fourteen and had Master Durron as one of my instructors. I visited his office one day to ask him a question about an assignment. I was about to walk out the door when he started to describe this image and asked if my dad still had it. I turned and answered, ?Yes.? He then asked if I knew any stories that went along with it. I stopped to think before answering, ?I don?t think so.? He then motioned for me to have a seat while a mischievous grin spread across his face. From then on I always made sure to have a question I had to talk to him about because one can never have too much dirt on their parents.

Again, perfect for Kyp! **nods** And Nawra, gathering "dirt" on her folks! lol!

This is both hilarious and very touching--winners, losers and everyone caring about everyone else... Beautifully written, and the emotions come through so well! =D=

And no need to thank me, BF--it's my pleasure! [:D] Thank YOU for this wonderful post!

FF

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Anyway, back to the holo. It was taken by one of Mom?s wingmen back in the early days of the Twin Suns Squadron. No, not Dad?Kyp Durron. I?m not entirely sure what his motivation for doing this was, but I?m sure annoying my father was somewhere on the list.

I'm shocked! :eek: :p

Wonderful update. =D=

12. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Today I made a vow to try something new every day. And your story is it!

=D= =D=

What a wonderful story! It had me laughing [face_laugh] and crying :_|. The Star Wars saga is really a saga about family, or families, and you captured it beautifully. And to think that part of it started with a slave boy and disguised queen.

Oh, what words would Anakin have for Nik?

[face_laugh]

Blessed be

@};-

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Although, when we met undercover, he did kind of look like? shavit, I am a clone of my mother.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love the story about the holo!! The rivalry between Jag and Kyp is cute :) And so is her story about the cute lightsaber instructor :D

I can't believe it's almost over!!! If you start another story after this is over (besides B&B) put me on the PM list [:D]

14. IceFire27

IceFire27 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2007
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I guess this is one way I?m not like my mother since Airen has blonde hair and blue eyes. Although, when we met undercover, he did kind of look like? shavit, I am a clone of my mother. [face_worried] [face_shhh] [face_worried]

I can just picture the two of them sneeking around trying to steal the holo. Wonderful update BF! :D

More soon? [face_praying]

15. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

I can so see Kyp and Jag doing that! Hilarious update, and great characterization!

16. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    That was nice.

17. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    He was one of the combat instructors, which meant that nine times out of ten by the end of class, he was shirtless, sweating and leaving very young women to daydream about things most of us didn?t really understand at that age. But at least it was also a good excuse to practice shielding our thoughts, right?

[face_laugh] Those poor girls. I wonder how many of them didn't shield in time. [face_laugh]

You know one day when you have nothing better to do BF, you can always do a little story of this shirtless combat instructor. I'd drool over... er I mean read it.

Very nice update.

18. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Good post :D And nice pic as well, FalconFan :)

19. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    This reminds me of the Ewok prank between Wes and Wedge. I love things like that!

And great art.

20. Jedi_Queen_Mx

Jedi_Queen_Mx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    BTW, please put me on your PM list.

:)

Thanks!

@};-

21. Emerald_Lady

Emerald_Lady Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2006
    lol This was hilarious. I can see Kyp and Jag doing this, and you did such a great job of illustrating their characters in that little anecdote. I really enjoyed it. :D

22. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    SWpants: Thanks so much for the comments, all are true. And yes, FF did a great job of the image.

Padawan: Thank you.

oldj: Thanks so much.

FF: Thanks so much for the great image. I will admit this one scared me the most to write about (so far anyway, don't really know what all I'm going to do with the last one), so I'm very happy you think I did okay with it. I love hearing people say the men and women in the story were in character, especially Kyp since I've never written him before.

VaderLVR: Shocking indeed. :p Thanks!

Jedi_Queen_Mx: First, new reader dance! [face_dancing] Thanks for taking a chance on my story, glad to have you join in. And you can of course be added to the PM list for the final post of the story.

Nat: I had to laugh that you called the rivalry "cute". I'm just trying to imagine the look on the faces of them if they heard that. Thanks for reading.

IceFire: Thanks so much. I'm not sure when the final update will be, but I'll try to make it sooner rather than later.

j_o_e: Thanks so much! I love hearing compliments on characterization most of all.

Chimpo: Thanks

Lola: Thanks for reading. And I'll keep that plot bunny in mind for a rainy and boring day. ;)

YodaKenobi: Thanks

jade: Yes, pranks/rivalries/games are very much fun. Thanks for reading.

Emerald_Lady: Thanks so much!

Just to make things easy on me, the current PM list:

skywalker64089
    Lola
    Zonoma
    VaderLVR
    jedi_of_ennth
    Chimpo
    YodaKenobi
    Killik_Twilight
    WynssaStarflare
    oldj
    MaraJade
    Cheersweetie
    Sword_of_SPEA
    Fiana_Novarr
    FelsGoddess
    goddess45
    Aiel
    Dreaming Ice
    crackjacks
    Genimay
    Starshine
    Nat
    princess_melissa
    Corellian_Cutie
    jade
    TahiriSoloFan
    swpants666
    trick-of-the-light
    TelannaTani
    Mirax_Corran
    JainaandJag4ever
    Jedi_Queen_Mx

Only one more post to go. [face_worried] But you can keep your eyes open for an update in the counterpart to this story,
    Betwixt & Between. It's going to be a series of drabbles focusing on Han and Leia through canon and their AU lives in my realm.

23. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    He was one of the combat instructors, which meant that nine times out of ten by the end of class, he was shirtless, sweating and leaving very young women to daydream about things most of us didn?t really understand at that age. But at least it was also a good excuse to practice shielding our thoughts, right? [face_laugh] Nothing wrong with that at all.

Great update.

24. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Fels: Thanks so much!

Hello all, I'll be attempting to get the next, and final, post of this up within the next two weeks. Hopefully (for me anyway) sooner rather than later. I plan on doing a more formal version of a thank you note to all of you kind readres, but I can't say it enough. You guys have been amazing to me, and I will miss getting to tell these certain stories to you all. [:D]

25. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    After a year-and-a-half, twenty-nine chapters, and nearly eight hundred posts in this thread, it is time for this story to be finished. Any second now Jag and Jaina will be walking into their home to find Nawra looking through the family's holo album and will break her out of her thoughts.

It has been an amazing journey. This story line is over two years in the making and been with me during some good and bad times. But it, and all of you readers, have been a pleasure to have and I cannot thank you enough.

Have no fear,
    Betwixt & Between isn't going anywhere. It will be updated from time to time when the plot bunnies strike, and may even contain some Family Album-esque posts as well.

Words fail me in trying to express my gratitude to you all. You have put more smiles on my face than I can count, made me feel loved, been kind enough to open up about your own families here, and made me feel like a writer. I do not take any of those things lightly and won't ever forget it.

So to all my readers:

Aiel
    angry_bendu1
    Blue_Milkshake
    ccp
    cheersweetie27
    Chimpo_the_Sith
    Corellian_Cutie
    crackjacks
    DaenaBenjen42
    Daughterofflame
    Daystar_Clarion
    DreamingIce
    Earthknight
    Emerald_Lady
    FalconFan
    FelsGoddess
    Fiana_Novarr
    Genimay
    goddess45
    IceFire27
    Inara
    IrishEyedJedi
    jade51999
    Jags_Scoundrel
    jagsredlady
    jaina_clan_solo
    JainaandJag4ever
    JainaRox
    jedi_ashes
    jedi_of_ennth
    Jedi_Queen_Mx
    Keela_Underwail
    Killik_Twilight
    Kissa
    Liesl
    Lola64
    Madame_Solo
    MaraJade1225
    mavjade
    Mirax_Corran
    nikjo88
    NYCitygurl
    oldjedinurse
    padawanlost
    princess_melissa
    PRINCESSCAMBRIA
    SCRUFFYLVR
    SilSolo
    skywalker64089
    Solo_and_Fel
    SoloFel_RebelGirl
    SpikeLeadJF
    SpiritofEowyn
    Starshine
    stickster
    Super_Jemi
    Sword_of_SPEA
    SWpants666
    TahiriSoloFan
    TelannaTani
    TheCrazyRodian
    TKeira_Lea
    Trepidation
    trick-of-the-light
    VaderLVR64
    Valin_Halcyon
    WynssaStarflare
    YodaKenobi
    Zonoma
    and the lurkers...

...Thank you so much. I'm currently sitting here grinning like an idiot because of how long that list of names is. I have been thoroughly spoiled and blessed by all of you.

But there is one more group that this story would be impossible to have without, my artists:

FalconFan
    goddess45
    oldjedinurse
    Trepidation
    Zonoma

Like something about the story? Send them a PM of thanks because at least 2/3 of the storylines came from them.

Thank you all for encourging me to grow as a writer, an artist, and creator of original characters. [:D]

-BigFatty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.