main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Non-Assigned Tickets - Will You Line Up?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Gus X, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I just bought my tickets for TFA on 12/18/15! Matinee show. I'm so excited for this film. My seats are first come first served. Not sure how early arrive.
    So pumped. Yeah baby!!!
    MTFBWY.

Gus X likes this.
  2. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'm going to a marathon screening and I cannot believe they don't have assigned seats, but they don't. That really makes me angry and frustrated because it starts at 4 a.m. and I'll be at the theater until 10 p.m. the next day when TFA finally ends. That means I need sleep before this thing happens, but I know it's STAR WARS and our fan base is just as dedicated as I am, so if I showed up anywhere near 4 a.m. I won't get a good seat for SEVEN MOVIES including TFA. That's not going to happen. So I'll end up going at midnight, 4 hours in advance, which I'm hoping is good enough. I don't expect to be first or tenth in line at midnight, but I am hoping to be in the top 30 at that time. I think that's fully realistic, honestly. Most people are in the same boat -- they are going to need sleep before this marathon, too, so I can't see anyone getting in line 12 hours early or even 8 hours early considering we're all already going to have to be awake for a long time.

Needless to say I'll be very tired by the time TFA premieres but it'll be worth it. I will bring some caffeine pills to make sure I'm alert and I'll rest the few days before.

The more annoying part I think will be opening weekend in general because I'll see the movie 4 times including 4:40 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. Saturday, and don't have a ticket yet for Sunday (thinking of going to a D-Box theater so I should buy a ticket soon I guess). I am NOT a morning person so to me 10 a.m. is not a time I ever see. I'm never awake that early even during the week, but especially not Saturday, and I'll probably have to get up no later than 8:20 a.m. to make it to the theater before 9 to get a decent seat for that screening. Ugh. But Regal is running their IMAX promotion for four Saturdays in a row so that'll be my weekly routine until I collect all of their special edition tickets.

PS: The 4:40 p.m. show sold out about a week ago for opening day too, so you can bet I should show up at 3 p.m. for that one if I want a good seat, too.

Gus X likes this.
  3. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    I'll get there about 30 or 40 minutes in advance to get the "line waiting experience" without too much of the trouble of having to wait in line.

4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm lining up around noon for a 7 pm showing on Thursday night.

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Someone wants front row seats it sounds like! Lol man I show up an hour early for mundane stuff like Spectre, Furious 7, and Hunger Games. This is Star Wars. If you're going to the 7 pm show at least it'll be nothing but die hard fans. Less than an hour early I worry you won't get any decent seat :/ If you went to a Tuesday show the next week at 10 pm you could get away with 30-40 minutes early I'm sure. It's just never underestimate SW fans - they're crazy. People waited all night long at SW Celebration to see JJ and cast on the main stage. Luckily I had VIP access so just waited about an hour ha ha

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    What's wrong with front row seats? I prefer those, so does most of my friends. I specifically booked front row seats for TFA.

7. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    My theater has assigned seats so there's n-. Oh wait, must have posted in the wrong thread.

8. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    The 7pm show on Thursday has assigned seats, so I am good there. The problem comes in that the next show is at 10:30 and I have to get my son home and so I will not have time to take him home and get back for the next showing. Fortunately, there is, at another theater nearby that is showing it in IMAX 3D but at 1:30am. Those seats are not assigned and so I am thinking about going to that. I am not sure what time to get there to ensure a decent seat. With stadium seating, anything but the absolute front row is OK and since by then, I would have already seen it, there should not be an issue either way.

9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    10:30PM? Or Am/18th?

10. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    10:30pm on the 17th. But 3 hours later there is a 1:30am showing...

11. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015
  12. ChewieWe'reHome

ChewieWe'reHome Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 25, 2015
    Wednesday night, my friends are coming over to catch up on the original trilogy (no prequel hate, we just don't want to exhaust ourselves before TFA). Then probably around 5pm the next day, we'll get in line for the 7:40 showing.

I can't believe this is barely over a week away.

13. medioCORE

medioCORE Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 13, 2012
    I've got tickets for me and a couple buddies to see the 7pm IMAX 3D showing on the 17th. I'm not sure when to start lining up... but I imagine it's going to be crazy. The theater we go to usually has long lines for event films... and this is Star Wars we're talking about here. Doesn't get much more "event" than this.

Biggest issue now is: do I interact with my friends the whole time, or do I put in earbuds and zone out to completely eliminate any risk of some loudmouth know-it-all spoiling anything while in line? I feel like my friends would understand... maybe... oh god, I've lost my mind...

queenofhollywood likes this.
  14. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    That happened to me with AoTC. I was pissed. My position is that it is too risky. Just being their with my friends is good enough so being plugged in and zoned out is better than the alternative. Once someone blurts something out, you can not take that back.

medioCORE likes this.
  15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I have non-assigned tickets (purchased this evening) for a 9:40 AM showing on the 18th. I plan to be there about an hour in advance, which should hopefully be enough because that showing has room for nearly 400 people, and over 320 of those seats are still available. :p

16. Fox609

Fox609 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 5, 1999
    No assigned seating for us. It's a 9 am showing, so I am showing up an hour early. Something tells me that won't be enough, but I refuse to get up any earlier.

17. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Yeah, does anybody have experience with morning showings? I'm going at 10 AM on Friday, and I have no idea what to expect in terms of crowds. Should I be worried about finding a good seat?

Gus X likes this.
  18. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    I am considering a 9am showing on Friday. I do not think you will have a problem at all. I would call the theater about an hour earlier to see how sales are for that showing.

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  19. thesloth1327

thesloth1327 Jedi Padawan

Dec 13, 2015
    Going to a 70mm Imax showing with the kids on the 23rd. So no assigned seats.

I couldn't pass on the chance to see the film in IMAX. Hoping that standing inline for no longer then 1 hour will be good enough.

20. Gus X

Gus X Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 24, 2014
    I am seeing it the next morning (18th) in IMAX. I hate 3D but will do so for this.

21. thesloth1327

thesloth1327 Jedi Padawan

Dec 13, 2015
    The IMAX I am going to is 70mm film 2D. I agree IMAX is the way to see this film if one can.

Gus X likes this.