main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Non Episodic Star Wars

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bib Fartuna, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    After Star Wars Episode IX ... or potentially Star Wars Episode XII, it has been stated that Disney will still release Star Wars films every 2 - 3 years into perpetuity.

How do you think that these films will start with the title card?

Just have the Star Wars fade away as per usual, then the movie title and crawl (without the Episode X part) - which would be the simplest solution? Could you imagine anything different?

2. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I think the non episodic format would be great to tell individual stories for new and old characters and would allow for a radically different approach in each one.

And yeah, just the Star Wars logo then the title, simple and to the point.

TreborSabreon and Alexrd like this.
  3. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    How will the powers-that-be inform the audience when on the Timeline the non-Episodic movie takes place? Perhaps instead of Episode X, the film may have 'The Old Republic Era' after the Star Wars fade away, and before movie title, or something like that?

4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Well I figure that a sentence or two in the crawl would be enough to set in the timeframe.

"During the dark days of the Empire's rule..." or "Thousands of years before the Clone Wars ravaged the galaxy..."

For an average movie goer, that's quite enough. For us who need more info, I'm sure they'll put it in a more precise timeframe, if not in the movie itself, then by simply stating it as an annoucement.
    "This movie takes place just after Darth Maul hit the bottom of the shaft." or "It's a hundred years before Exar Kun."

5. Bib Fartuna

Nov 4, 2012
    Fair point, that makes sense.

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I say do it, but after Episode IX.