main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Non Force sensitive members of the SkySolo family?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    That is what I said right? We shall see. I am sure we will get explanation in time.

2. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    According to this interview about Legacy Vol 2, Ania is "not overly Force-sensitive" - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42736

That's not really that clear, though. That could be their way of saying that she's just a little lucky and they're not planning to have this be a big part of her character, or it could be saying it's just not something she ever pursued or actively uses - like Luke and Leia pre-ANH. Or it could mean she actively has a lower level of Force-sensitivity than most Jedi, like Zayne, but it will be a part of her ongoing journey. It's just sort of...hopelessly vague, but I'm thinking implies she's at least not blind to the Force.

Gunner might sort of count? She's Cade's sister, but not descended from the Skywalkers, so.

Tigris and Fionah Ti are examples of the children of Jedi who didn't inherit Force-sensitivity. We know it can happen, even if it's rare. My feeling is that Force-sensitivity is a somewhat dominant hereditary trait, but, through the wonders of genetics and the Will of the Force, surprising things sometimes occur. People with Force-blind parents sometimes have Force-sensitive kids and vice-versa. Mostly I figure kids will have slightly more or slightly less Force-sensitivity than their parents. For someone like Zayne, slightly more might make a pretty powerful Jedi; slightly less might make someone without the ability to consciously manipulate the Force at all. I also figure there are somewhat special rules at play with the Skywalker line, just because they're descended from one of the most powerful Force-users to ever live; it'll probably take a number of generations before that "extra boost" fades out.

As to the Solo name, there are a gabillion ways that could make perfect sense. I don't actually understand why Allana Solo has Jacen's surname not her mother's, but she does appear to be using it and she is part of a matriarchal society. Her descendants could quite easily keep the Solo surname. Ania might be descended from a deposed line, from a son of the line who threw in his lot with the Hapan pirates and never returned to Royal life, or simply from being descended from the youngest branch of three or four generations so she's now so far removed from the Crown, the fact she's legally entitled to a minor title is nothing more than a target on her back in a court that doesn't care about her so she leaves. If she's descended from Jaina, again, either she or her parent could be a disaffected member of the House of Fel who left and took the name of their famous Space Pirate ancestor. Heck, it could be her middle name and, like Cade, she figures going around as either Ania Fel or Ania Djo is just asking for unwanted attention.

It's a really easy problem to solve.