main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non-force sensitive warriors and champions

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ceifer, Mar 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    This is one of many things that I've been wondering about. Practically every single warrior, champion, etc in the SW EU is either a Jedi or a Sith. Are there any good or great warriors or champions that arn't force sensitive.
    Fighters that arn't force sensitive are what I like to call "true champions/warriors". Since they have built their bodies and skills with out the use of some mystical power such as the Force.
    Prince Xizor is supposidly a greatly skilled fighter but he practically never used his fighting talents whenever he shows up in the EU. Xizors the only non-force sensitive warrior/champion that I can think of right now.

2. MysteryWhiteBoy8

MysteryWhiteBoy8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Wedge? Han? These are guys who rip things up when the time comes and they have no Force ability at all. . . .

Baron Fel??

Come on!

3. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Boba Fett, for crying out loud! Mandolorians! They took down Jedi Knights without the Force.

4. Ceifer

Nov 13, 2001
    Characters like Wedge, Han and Lando are just ordinary guys. They weren't true warriors/champions.

5. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Characters like Wedge, Han and Lando are just ordinary guys. They weren't true warriors/champions.

You saying that Wedge and Han aren't warriors or champions. Are you out of your ****ing mind?!?! [face_shocked] :mad:

6. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    What exactly would they be if not warriors and champions?

They'd be Ninja if they had some mysterious martial art that allowed them to fight...basically the jedi fill the mystical warrior motiff

7. Ceifer

Nov 13, 2001
    Guys like them were NOT martial arts experts or masters like Xizor was. So they are NOT true warriors/champions. If it was a 3 on 1 fight between Han, Wedge and Lando VS Xizor, the Falleen prince would knock these guys around like a couple of rag dolls. Even if these three ordinary guys had Chewbacca jump into the fight, they would still lose to a true champion like Xizor. 8-} [face_devil]

8. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    warrior -- One who is engaged in or experienced in battle.
    One who is engaged aggressively or energetically in an activity, cause, or conflict

champion -- An ardent defender or supporter of a cause or another person

So how exactly do Han and Wedge not match these? :confused:

I don't have to know a martial art to be a warrior. I have to know a martial art to be a martial artist.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Guys like them were NOT martial arts experts or masters like Xizor was. So they are NOT true warriors/champions. If it was a 3 on 1 fight between Han, Wedge and Lando VS Xizor, the Falleen prince would knock these guys around like a couple of rag dolls. Even if these three ordinary guys had Chewbacca jump into the fight, they would still lose to a true champion like Xizor.

But being a warrior is not only about hand-to-hand combat. The Noghri would whup Xizor one on one because they are trained warriors in hand-to-hand combat. Han, Wedge, Tycho, Gavin, etc. would WHUP Xizor, Noghri, Imperials, etc. in SPACE COMBAT because they are trained warriors as well -- just not in hand to hand combat.

10. Ceifer

Nov 13, 2001
    I'm mainly talking about hand to hand combat fighting. Xizor could take on a single Noghri in a fight. Though, the Noghri usually fight in teams or groups. In a situation like this, Xizor would be the one getting his butt kicked.

11. Voyxn_Killaz

Voyxn_Killaz Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2002
    Ceifer... u are making the term warriors and champions only apply to ground combat. That's not true at all. As other people have pointed out, in their respective combat areas, we have multiple champions. Wedge is probably one of the best star fighter pilots there was. I'd wager money actually on Jagged Fel now for being the best pilot. He kicked Jaina's ass around in sims, and she is a jedi.

Besides we have an excellent example of noghri prowess in the HOT. When Luke went to meet up with Talon Karrde on that one planet, a single noghri knocked out like 20 gang members using luke as a distraction. I think in a one on one situation with Xizor, Xizor would lose!!
    Plus also in the adumar book, we have the ground and air champions of that planet facing off. I can't remember the girls name right now, but she was awesome with the blastsword.

Plus there is shalla nelprin, and Kell Tainer. Those two are accomplished hand to hand fighters.
    Then we have the mistryl, and they are accomplished fighters too.
    I'd also have to say that the royal guard had some skilled fighters in them too. That major clone in HOT was a good martial artist. He died, but gave the shada d'ukal a good beating while he died.

And there is boba fett. He destroyed an imperial garrison singlehandly. That's an awesome feat, and he deserves warrior recognition.

12. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    One does not have to be a martial arts expert to be a "true warrior/champion". If you're going to claim that, then some of the characters I can give you to fit is Kell Tainer and Shalla Delprin(spelling please, the character from Iron Fist and Solo Command)

But as I said, one does not have to be a martial arts expert to be a "true warrior/champion" Han, Wedge, Lando, Chewie, Baron Fel, and Lt. Page are just some examples of "true warriors/champions" who are not Force-sensitive.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    OK, how about Ackbar? Thrawn? Pellaeon? Traest Kre'fey? Gavin?

14. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Krennel was a great unarmed fighter, he applies.

15. BARA-DAM

BARA-DAM Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2001
    Don't forget the Wraiths. Shalla and Kell anyone?

16. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    A whole squadron of force-free heroes that were the focus of a series of books right there.

And I cannot see any way to justify the comment that han wedge and lando are not warriors and champions.

Esp. in light of Darkside's definition.

17. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    The girl from Starfighters of Adumar was Cheriss ke someone.

A noghri could walop Xizor while on a hangover!

18. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Nope, on one on one, Xizor and a Noghri would be a close match. Xizor has demonstrated skills similar to Noghri ones when attacked by a mad man.

19. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    I'm guessing Xizor would kick an individual Noghri's ass, and quite possibly he could take on more than 1.

20. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Well since this is all apparently only ground forces and hand to hand combat warriors then I shall put forth Vua Rappuang. He was an excellent warrior and could defeat multitudes of his fellow Vong warriors in a matter of seconds, and the strongest Jedi has a problem with just 2 or three at once...let alone 10.

I consider Han, Wedge, Gavin, etc. all warriors in their own right. There are all different kinds of warriors some on the ground, and some in the seat of a fighter or commander of a ship.

Viceroy Nil Spaar is another powerful warrior.

There are many kinds of warriors, not just hand to hand combat.

Chuba, Kava doompa D'emperiolo stoopa.

21. brandon_duncan

brandon_duncan Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2001
    What about all the vong?? there all none force sensitive that means their all warriors, thats waht i think anyways

22. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Kir Kanos? He kicked a Force Adept's butt, with martial arts, if we're specifying that.

Xizor beating a Noghri? PUH-LEASE! Khabarakh was holding Chewie at bay in DFR. A little short guy is not suposed to be able to armwrestle a 2.3 meter Wookiee bent on murder. These guys have taken down Vong with their bare hands (and teeth), although they usually don't survive. Xizor wouldn't have time to scream for Guri to help him. Good against an enraged guy is one thing. Good against a killing machine that wipes out stormtroopers and thugs by the squad? That's something else.

23. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    FYI, Xizor is about as skilled as Kanos in martial arts, and probably about as strong, if not more.

One on one with a Noghri, Xizor wins.

(He's got the eyes of a falcon and the ears of a fox.)

24. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I think Kanos is force-sensitive...

What about Muurough the Togarian?

25. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    If Kir Kanos had been Force-sensitive, then he would probably have been trained to be an Imperial Sovriegn Protector sometime before Dark Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.