main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Non-Hijacked Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Valhalla, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    Fine, if I have "Hijacked someones thread" to talk about something else I apologize. (not that it's never been done before, or someone taking a serious question thread and filled it with nonsense "KRATOS".) I'm not trying to stir anyone's pot nor do I believe people who don't have a right to be upset about events they started are whining.

When did the direction of this club officially go to that of trooping? I remember when trooping was done ever so often and then usually as part of an event everyone could take part in.

Am I feeling left out in the cold. Heck yes. And I was one of those people who put forth quite a bit of time and effort into events. I helped setup, I helped work the event, and I helped take down. I just want to know when events changed.

I believe people in the past have tried to put things together, both for trooping and for non trooping. I myself have attempted to put more than a few together. However, unless you are a member of a small subgroup of this club, no one cares to make an appearance.

My main concern here is why aren't we doing more of what we used to do, that involved everyone instead of just the things that involve the select few? Of course the next comment from you will be, "If you don't like it you should step forward and make it better." Would that be kinda what a few of us have already tried, or the beginning of an epic fail that was Bubba taking over?

And in no way is that a strike on Bubba. He worked his butt off to try to bring the club back up. He worried all the time that he wasn't doing a good enough job. Bubba's downfall was the fact that the select few didn't seem to want to back his efforts and therefore helped in the downfall.

This club was great. Now it's an empty shell of what it was and should be. And the people who have the power to truly do something about it just don't care. And why should they, their interests are being catered to.

And I hope what the club is doing for the telethon is really about the kids. Cause last year I thought it was about the recognition, kissing the 501st collective behind, and the after party.

2. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    And I just want to add, Bubba, brother, My above comments in NO way reflect your dedication or abilities. You worked harder and cared more about this club, it's members, and it's place in the community than most have. You just weren't given the proper backing you needed or deserved to make things work as they should. I would follow your empire again any day.

3. Wil_Sinistar

Wil_Sinistar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2006
    At least the boards are finally interesting. lol

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I don't know where you get your information from. B and I didn't kiss any behind nor did we do anything after the telethon party last year. I don't know what after party your talking about. Were you there? I feel like I missed something now. lol Joe if what your saying makes you feel betther or something thats great but you should know the facts before coming down on people.

Yes trooping events have became about all we do. We don't do those too often anymore. Even the ones that have not been trooping events have you bothered to show up? Yes there was a time when most of the club was together every week. We were out at Bowers almost everyweekend. Situations have made it where we dont have a house where we congrigate like we used to. It's not still going on and your just not invited. Reguardless of what you and maybe others think it isn't happening. I know you have been specifically invited to things involving the club and otherwise.

Peoples interests and hobbies change. Peoples ability to be active in any club change. I know for us we have no free time from basicly March to mid October now with the boys playing baseball. Between that, working on our house, and working full time we don't have alot of time to devote to anyting.

I also don't get the "select few". Guess what, like any club there are going to be closer friends that may do stuff outside of the club. Thats gonna happen but why should that reflect back on the club? Who are you talking about? What are they controlling? What have they done to the club?

I don't get the kabal you think derailed Bubba being President either. It was a slow time for the club even before Bubba took it over. People had other things going. It sucked I know but no one was out to make anything fail during that time. Nor does anyone blame Bubba for wanting to call it quits as President.

I just don't get the venom in your posts or what positives you think could come from them.

5. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    Well heres my thoughts on the matter. I DO NOT think the PI should be a trooping club at all. I have the 501st for that and they provide me with more than enough events that I can go to or not go to(remember just 1 event a year and your good). I would like to go to a PI event as Darrell-Star Wars fan. I do however,have a teeny tiny little dream(at my age most of them are gone)that maybe one day I could have a squad from Paducah in the 501st. Several people in the PI have been very supportive of this and several have been against it. This becomes a problem because it does nothing but divide us. I believe it states on the main page that we welcome fans of ALL ASPECTS of the SW universe. Well isn't the 501st a part of that? And if you have a problem with the 501st by all means join the REBEL LEGION(right Josh!). I know Wil says he isn't a fan but I also know hes had my HEART OF AN EMPIRE dvd for at least 6 months. If both sides need to divide so that both can grow then I'm willing to take my troops out of the picture. I've watched for the last year or so as this club has dwindled down to a nothing and maybe thats because STAR WARS isn't in the limelight(no movies) or maybe its because I've kicked all your asses in SW trivial pursuit and your too scared to challenge me again. I don't wish for the old days but I wanna look forward to the new.

6. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Well, we finally have a lively discussion which I?m glad to see, I do however wish it wasn?t my fault but that?s the way the cookie crumbles. Joe, you are absolutely right. Over that last year I have stopped caring about the day to day or month to month operations of the club and have only focused on the things that interested me. It was very selfish of me and I didn?t realize how important our group still was to everyone. I am very sorry for this and your right, I have been saying that I was bringing the fun back and have epically failed to do so.

Having already said those empty promises it would be a little silly for me to say every things going to change as of today but I?m going to anyway. It all changes today. I do not like losing members, especially ones as important and loyal to the club as Matt has been and I hope over the next few months I can entice him back.

I am going to relaunch the club in January. It is going to be fun again, we are going to have an event every month starting with a very cool screening which I will announce as soon as I finalize the plans. In the meantime, we will have a very fun weekend coming up on Saturday and Sunday December 12th-13th. On the 12th, we will be having the club Christmas party at Cardinal Lanes in Paducah. I will post the main details in its own thread. Then on Sunday is the SW in Concert in Nashville. I thought it would be fun to go early in the afternoon down to Rainforest Café and have dinner before going to the concert. I know not everyone was planning on going but I think you would have a lot of
    fun if you decided to. Tickets are still available and they start in the $35 range.

I miss how much fun our club used to be, that?s the honest to gods truth. I will try to recapture that in the coming year. We have a lot in SW to be happy about in 2010. It?s the 30th Anniversary of Empire, it?s our 5th anniversary, it?s a Celebration year and I truly believe we will see at least a clip if not the whole film of SW in 3D, (fingers crossed).

Joe, Matt, and to any other members who have been left out. I really want you guys to know that I am very sorry for the way I have treated you. You guys are very important to this club and I don?t blame you for not wanting to come around, just know you will be getting a personal invite from me every month and would be very happy if you would decide to come out. Oh, an Joe, I didn?t do anything this year and still did more than the SIJO, so good luck with that, lol.[face_shame_on_you]

Seriously though, please forgive me guys, and stay tuned here, I?m gonna get this bad boy started again. Pv;)

7. Paducah_Trooper

Paducah_Trooper Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2009
    Well, I'm in for the ride, Let's have a kick ass year!!!!

8. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    KRATOS!!! sorry.

9. BubaFatt

BubaFatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2006
    wow! don't check the boards for a few months and this happens. I'd like to start off by saying that i didn't do a very good job as president. not wanting pity or praise, just telling it the way i see it. I do appreciate the kind words, nonetheless. now to the real issues. I don't want to fight but i just can't resist.

As everyone knows, I, like Wil, am not fond of the 501st. I'm not singling out one person, but the fact was brought up that the club front page says that we welcome fans of all aspects of the star wars universe. This brings me to two points the first being that this isn't the stance of the 501st, which is my main issue with them, because someone who is of little consequence, can tell someone else that their costume isn't good enough. Maybe that person doesn't have the financial means to make the costume as good as others think it should, or maybe they don't have the time. I've seen members of this club who have been rejected by the 501st, but those who are members continue to flaunt it proudly with no regard to their feelings. I haven't watched heart of an empire, but i've heard it's very touching. I doubt when the group was formed, the intention was to make others feel unworthy or inadequate, but that is what it has become, and that is the isssue i have with it. My second point brings us back to the same quote about all aspects of the star wars universe. Again, as you all know, Wil and I designed shirts of our mock group known as the 502st. Many found them to be funny, but a select few decided they were offensive, and threatened to quit the club if it continued, so our president told us that our presence would not be welcome at club functions. I don't blame him, because his hand was forced, but i was made to feel like a second class citizen in this club. My intention was to quit publicly at the next meeting, but after realizing the club that i was a part of didn't even exist anymore, i decided to not even waist my breath.

I don't hate anybody, but i think some of you need to look in the mirror and realize how you are making your so called friends feel. Although I am opposed to the 501st, i have never or would never ask you to stop being in it or representing it. It would have been nice had you extended the same courtesy to me. There are many more issues that i'm sure i could have replied to, but i'm tired of typing.

10. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    You guys need to lay off our costume members, all thier doing is showing thier fandom in thier preffered way. Its not thier fault the way you show yours isn't as public or doesn't have much of an outlet. And by the same token our costume members need to understand that costuming isn't everyones choice and thats ok, but don't be mad at the costumers for being proud of what they are. Now Bubba, your situation is specific and if you still have issue then take it up with the parties involved. But in general and at the end of the day, were all just sw fans, and its a big universe, thiers plenty of room for all of us. pv

11. Wil_Sinistar

Feb 18, 2006
    PV, I think you need to re-read ol' Bubba's post. He isn't attacking the costumes, he is making a point about the clubs stance on them. His point is that it was made painfully clear that the costumers are given precedence. I was supremely offended a few months ago, honestly it doesn't bother me anymore, but I know that there are still people who feel less than important in the standings of the club. I'll feel better once I finish that Darth Talon costume I'm working on. When I rock that...we will see who stands out in this club

12. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    But the point I'm making is that they are important because thier the only events members show up for which is why I started letting thier events take over club events in the 1st place. My overall point is that non-costume members only show up to few events if any at all, they need to come out to all events to make thier argument hold water. I really hope everyone shows up to the events over the next few months, if anything to prove the costumers wrong, nut up or shut up! pv

13. Wil_Sinistar

Feb 18, 2006
    You are contradicting yourself. lol. You can't first say everyone is equal in the club, and then say that non costumes have to prove themselves. When an event is a costume event, what role do non costumes play? The general answer is "we always need handlers" a.k.a "we need someone to run our errands". zero fun. The costumes are awesome and are always a great attraction, but the club has noticed this and put them on a pedestal. The club is the one that needs to, as you so eloquently ripped off, "nut up or shut up" and prove that your statement is true. Everyone is equal. equal meaning all memebers on the same plane of importance. The 501st is the costuming club, the Paducah Imperials is not. Let the 501st plan their own costuming events and let the Imperials do events involving everyone.

14. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    I am a better STAR WARS fan than 100% of this club. It is because I have armor. It is because I been to 3 Celebrations.It is because I nearly froze to death to be in the same room with George Lucas. It is because I am still undefeated at SW:Trivial Pursuit. It is because I still go to Theforce.net everyday to see whats goin. It is because I am 1 of 4 people that showed up at the start of this club. It is because I flunked 5th grade so I could hang with a kid in 4th grade who happened to like SW as much as me. It is because I love that the Prequels and Clone Wars are there despite their flaws. Any prefrential treatment I recieve whether it be a PF Boba Fett Statue or a dressing room at a con is because I EARNED it. I AM BETTER THAN 100% OF THIS CLUB!!

15. Wil_Sinistar

Feb 18, 2006
    You are a 100% better fan, thats a given. but i seriously hope you're joking about being better than anyone in this club

16. BubaFatt

Sep 24, 2006
    Did you ever consider telling the costuming memebers to "lay off" the 502st? You tell me to take it up with the parties involved, I might consider doing that if they had showed me the same courtesy when the issue originally arose, instead of going to you behind my back. Costuming should be fun and I'm glad people enjoy it, but if it is the be all end all most important thing in their lives, so important that they can't take a joke or rib concerning the matter, then I think they really need to examine their lives. I think you had the right idea when you wanted to disband the imperials and turn it into a 501st legion. I was opposed to it before, but apparently I have to prove myself in order to be in this club, so no thanks. As far as dues go, don't expect people to pay them if they are optional, that's just nonsense. Oh, and back to my original point, you say their is room for all star wars fans, but you told us specifically their was no room for us. It does seem like there is a little contradicting going on, doesn't it?

17. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    It is a personal thing. Don't lump in all 501st as being upset about the 502st shirts. Some of us got it, satire got it, funny, whatever, don't care. It was not as big a deal as it was expanded to be. I did find it in poor taste wearing it to a charity event where outside 501st. could be. I do think it should be taken care of with parties involved istead of broad strokes on the board if it is really still bothering the parties involved. (apparently it is)

18. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    The 502st may have started as a joke but the night we were at Ed's gettin ready to record the commentary where Bower didn't show up. Bubba specifically stated and I quote "If you were offended then thats the people we were going after". Thats not a joke thats intent to hurt someone,plain and simple. Was there not some other way you could channel your energies into something positive for this event other than to make fun of those involved?

19. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    I have never said thier is no room for anyone in this club, what are you referring to. And if you think I'm contradicting myself then your not looking at the big picture. Heres the ironic circle were in: The non-costuming members of this club made the costuming members more important to the club by boycotting events and making it so that the only events I can get people to show up to is ones needing costumes (that is before I got lazy and let them have every event). So yes, over the last year they have become more important to the club than even myself, lest you forget I am costumless along with you. But you should know that every member who feels that way shoulders some of the blame for that. And bubba, you say the costumes need to stop taking themselves so seroiusly, you are fighting this hard over a joke t-shirt, so look internally on that one. I understand your point about them threating to quit and it going way to far, I completly agree with you. But to truly be this upset about any of this is silly unless everyone of you is more involved with the club. I will be having events and get togethers coming up so please come be apart of them and lets put all this anti-costuming/501st animosity behind us. pv

20. BubaFatt

Sep 24, 2006
    first off i'd like to say that it sucks having to work right now because i get halfway through typing a post and get a whole new set of things to respond to before i'm done. Anyway, when I was saying that we weren't welcome, i was referring to the 502st, and i believe you will acknowledge saying that. As far as being offensive, yeah I was trying to offend, not individual members of a group, but the principles of the group as a whole and what i believe they stand for. In doing so i was able to weed out the members who truly felt that being in that group made them better than others who aren't members. I never thought that some of the members of the imperials were those, but apparently i was wrong. I realize not everyone was offended and i didn't mean to lump you together. For those of you who "got it", thank you. If I took this as seriously as you make it out to be, would i have dropped the subject and stopped wearing the shirt when asked to do so months ago? Most certainly not, but i did so for the better of the club and friendships. But after seeing all this talk about equality and acceptance, i couldn't hold my tongue any longer, knowing that the very opposite was projected toward me in the past. This is seriously silly. We are arguing over who is better at dressing up as a character from a movie, and whether they have the right to tell others that they aren't good enough at it. and obviously i was involved in the club up to that point, or i wouldn't have been at an event in order to offend those that were offended. and i may or may not be at the roller derby bout, but i don't think i should be judged for it either way. sorry for causing all the trouble, i'm going to my room to write that hit song "alone in my principles".

21. BubaFatt

Sep 24, 2006
    oh, and i would never intentionally hurt a charity, nor do i think anything i did harmed it in any way.

22. pacervader

Jun 27, 2005
    Lol, I love that movie. I asked you not to wear the shirt at public club events was all I said, not anything else. I agree this is a silly argument, but, as with any group, everyone has to deal with people with big egos, our group is no exception. Sometimes are easier than others to get along with, this was just one of those times that was harder. It doesn?t make anyone better than the other it just is what it is. I am very sorry that you were put in that situation by other members and I hope that never happens again. I consider everyone of you my close friends and I don?t like anyone feeling hurt, angry or left out over something I?m apart of, unless you dress as Obi-Wan. As for the derby bout, no one will be judged for not coming, I was just hyping the point that its going to be a very fun event and I know you would have a great time.pv

23. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Well, I've often felt that I'm not taken seriously because I don't have some sort of costume, to be honest.

24. BibFortune

BibFortune Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2008
    Die wanna wanga! Me chaade su 200% goodie. Nudd Chaa!

25. TK8049

Feb 3, 2006
    Guys and Girls you get out of this club what you put into it. If someone looks like their more important,havin more fun,or just hangin out with more club members than you its probably because they've put in the work for it. And in keeping with true BSG tradition "This has all happened before and it will happen again."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.