main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Non-Hijacked Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Valhalla, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005

Well that's great and all, but I honestly feel like I've been brushed aside on some stuff, simply because I didn't spend $400-$1000 on a stormtrooper outfit. I don't have that kind of money to mess around with, otherwise I would have by now. I"ve even asked what can I do to help out more before, with not that much of a response. It would be nice to have the opportunity to do so.

2. TK8050

TK8050 Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2007
    My goodness....you're correct Buba...you don't check the boards and .....

Now, just for a quick response to your comment... I have never discriminated against anyone not in a costume; nor those not a memeber of the 501st. You, as my friend; someone I truly care about, love and respect, hurt me with your 502 shirts....not the club or the charity...but me, Shannon, a Paducah Imperial, 501st member and your friend. I have and always will maintain a level of loyalty to each and every memeber of this club...to a fault almost...and I would never intentially hurt you or anyone else as you have stated you intentionally hurt me. I made it very clear to you, Wil, Bower, B and BJ that I was and am strongly offended by your club and it's intentions. I have never considered myself a snob and if taking pride in something that brings joy to others is selfish or "elite", the I will be the first to apologize. I have kept quiet on the boards and not made my feelings known; as I always attempt to settle my disputes and disappointments with others face-to-face first. And I did. I don't feel the same way Bower, B and BJ feel, they're ok with the shirts, I just am not. I welcome you to discuss this with me in private; as I believe if you saw the sincerity on my face and true disappointment in my voice, you would understand that it's not about the 502 or the 501st, it's about your loyalty...as my friend, someone I honestly care about.

And I welcome anyone else with a problem on this board to address it in person, face-to-face. So much is lost in translation on the boards, through texting or via messaging. I am a fixer, a problem solver and I hate it when things are not in order or at peace. PV stated it earlier people, "nut up or shut up", there is nothing I have ever said on these boards that I wouldn't say to anyone's face. I truly look forward to hearing from anyone of you with your comments, issus or concerns. Let's hear it.

3. ice1138

ice1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2005
    Edit- never mind, it was just venting too much.

4. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Guys
    Is it to late for me to step in and say ,Lets not let this topic get out of hand?

5. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    No, your well within your right to ask that E3, we apparently have hit a whole new level of drama and for that I am very sorry. Good lord, people it's not that big of a deal, either side. This will be a better organized club now and should have something for everyone to enjoy. Costumers, no one will have to ask you to troop a PIMP event because YOU guys will be the ones coming up with them, I thought I was clear on this, but apprently I'm talking to fast. All costuming would be is a sub club of the PIMPs, if the costume sub club ends up qualifing to become a 501st squad then thier name will change but not its intent or affiliation. If you are a costumer and don't want to troop or attend an event then simply don't. This will be fun if you allow it to be, if your bitter for god knows what reason then either let it go or your gonna quit coming around anyway, why, because it will cease to be fun! It's very simple everyone, relax, everyones worked up and just needs to take a step back, take a break from posting if that helps. I think you will all see the light after you calm down. Were gonna have new blood in the club and they don't need this to be thier introduction. This will work perfectly, just don't try and sabotage it just for a lousy "I told You so" moment, trust me, you won't enjoy it as much as you think you will. pv

6. BubaFatt

BubaFatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2006
    Shannon, I would like to tell you that any offense you took toward our shirts, I am equally offended by what the 501st has begun to stand for. My intent was not to hurt or offend my friends. My intent was to show my disproval of the core beliefs of a collective unit, and their elitest and exclusitory(is that a word?) attitude toward others, and the members of said group who represent that attitude. At some point, without me realizing it, the two groups crossed paths. If people weren't consumed by their own self pride, then they wouldn't be bothered by such trivial things, plain and simple. I stopped wearing the stupid shirt, because others pitched a fit about it, even though giving in to petty, behind my back demands, went against my core beliefs, all for the sake of friendship. I just wish others would see that. It's okay for me to not like the 501st, and show it, just like it's okay for you to like the 501st and proudly show it. I apologize, not for what I did, but for the fact that it affected our friendship. I do agree we should talk about this in person, but we may have already passed the point of no return. As far as the club is concerned, I do agree that it isn't much fun anymore, but don't blame anyone other than myself, because much of the joy i got personally was from minis, and i stopped playing them, so all my fault. I'm sorry I was a bit harsh, but I think the situation is being manipulated making me into the bad guy. I admit some wrong doing, but this was in no way all my fault. I want my friends back, the ones who didn't need the validation of an outside group in order to troop, I just don't know if they exsist anymore. And "nut or shut up"? Seriously lame.

7. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I'll be honest..I have had my own ups and downs in this club, and i didn't really know what I wanted to say if anything. Plus I wasn't sure which thread to post in. But I ended up wanting to say a lot of things, but what I ended up saying, I felt deserved more to be in the newer thread than this one. I've often been a thread killer, so let's make this thread dead, Fred and you can all read what I wrote in the other thread which takes us in a "New Direction By Way Of Old Direction."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.