main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non-Jedi's?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi-Angel, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Angel

Jedi-Angel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    What do Jedi's call non-Jedi's? Mortals? Normal? Regular? There must be a term used to distinguish the difference between them. TIA!

2. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Good question. I've never thought about that before! Hmmmm, I can't seem to think of anything, I think they just referred to themselves as jedi, and didn't really have a term for anyone else.

But I seem to remeber someone being reffered to as a non-jedi or ussualy i think the jedi seem to really define other people by formal titles; senator, general etc. Titles seem to mean alot to them.

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    um........Muggles?......oops.....wrong universe.......how about mortal beings with no power? ;)

4. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    I really don't think the Jedi exclude normal people from themselves ... intsead they exclude themselves from normal people. To be a Jedi is rare ... so there is no term.

For example, the president of the US doesn't have a word for people that are not presidents, because most people aren't.

Or, me as a college student. I don't have a term for non-USC students, because the majority of the population in the world doesn't go to USC.

5. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I think they simply refer to them as non-force sensitive. There is no offical name or anything.

6. Jedi-Angel

Jedi-Angel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    I haven't been able to find anything canon on it, either. I guess I get to create my own! :D

I'm thinking of using the term "mortal beings". The definition of mortal is broad enough that it doesn't just refer to the causality of death.

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I'd use "non-Force sensitive people" or "Force-blind people" or simply "the other people". :)

P.S.: Just a little tidbit: plural of "Jedi" is "Jedi", too, not "Jedi's". ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.