main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Spoiler Forum Brouhaha...Big Question Marks

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Fatboy_Roberts, Apr 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No blasters!

No blasters! Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 14, 2000
    I think that's the whole point, Obi Anne. The Non Spoiler forum operates under different rules than the other forums, for obvious reasons.

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I would consider allowing a Non-spoiler report in Misc. or some other forum. However, it would have to be accompanied by heavy disclaimers that we do not guarantee the thread to be spoiler-free, since technically all forums are supposed to be spoiler-free except for SA itself.

In the meanwhile, there is contact information in my profile. Ternian can email me if he would like to discuss this issue.

3. LordGollum

LordGollum Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2001
    he can't long in so he can't see your profile.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    But he has representatives posting here who can.

5. Kenobi Maul

Kenobi Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    I haven't read the threads and so am not very knowledgeable about this issue, but if everything that has been said here is true, I think that ternian is firmly in the right.

6. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    I over-reacted before claiming that DLM should be demoted. I admit, that is ridiculous.

However, what is also ridiculous, is Ternian's banning for simply defending himself. I cannot believe it went this far.

Another one for the SHAME file.

7. Lord_Tiron

Lord_Tiron Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2001
    From Ternian:

I am not posting or emailing anything to you Ms Mara. You are a first class liar. I want nothing to do with you.

It is funny that I have to 'prove' my innocence rather then being proved guilty. I am posting every post from the V1.O Thread proving how I am not guilty as falsely accused by you. I also am posting the letter sent to the JC-Admins just before my banning.

I have come to the conclusion that people are now just finding ways to make me guilty.

I obviously can't post any of the PM's you have sent me, or me to you, to prove my innocence. Nice corner you've backed me into to, Ms Mara.

To those who have supported me and understood the situation - MTFBWY.

Vertical, I am sorry. Please use the informtaion I gave you wisely, for the benefit of the members of PSA. You know what I mean.

I am no longer posting at the JC Council, Ms. Mara. You have won in chasing me out with your flaming, slander, lies and false and proofless accusations.

Ternian

Last update to the No Spoilers Allowed Forum rules set out by Dark Lady Mara. Dated
    28/2/01: (As of the time of my banning, no changes had been made).

Welcome to the non-spoiler forum. The following is our most current set of rules for
    what is and is not considered spoiler material:

1) Anything dated prior to May 19, 1999 from any official or unofficial source is not a
    spoiler.

2) Anything said by Lucas, McCallum, or any other individual ranking high in the
    Lucasfilm hierarchy is not a spoiler. Anything said by a mid- to lower- level employee,
    like the ones who leak info to TF.N, is a spoiler.

3) Quotes from actors, stunt doubles, etc., who were on the set of Episode 2 are not
    considered spoilers.

4) Any information from any issue of Star Wars Insider is not a spoiler. Information from
    any tabloid or other publication dated after 5/19/99 is.

5) Any information taken from the official site, including the Select pics, is not a spoiler.

6) When the time comes, the posters and trailers will not be considered spoilers.

7) Of course, all sorts of speculation based on information obtained from the non-spoiler
    sources above is acceptable and welcome.

We reserve the right to restrict certain users from posting in the non-spoiler forum, such
    as users whose names contain spoilers and those with spoilers in their signatures.

Dated 1/10/01

"Hi! This is a small Non Spoiler report from the Spoiler Allowed Forum. Hope it excites
    you. Again, it contains no Spoilers. "

- No spoilers yet.

"EpII is shaping up to be an *extremely* complex story about events that eventually lead
    to, and surround, the fabled Clone Wars."

- Clone Wars were stated by Princess Leia in ANH also GL has mentioned that we will
    see them in the PT. This is not considered a spoiler by the rules.

"We meet *loads* of wonderful new characters and realise that old characters have
    changed in the ten years spanning EpI and EpII."

- No spoilers here. The Official site has posted the returning characters as well as posting
    the new characters roles. This is not considered a spoiler by the rules.

"The worlds we visit will blow your mind. Nothing will prepare you for what you are
    going to see."

- No spoilers here, just personal opinion. We know that there will be two new worlds in
    EpII as per Rick McCallum in the SW Insider. This is not considered a spoiler by the
    rules.

"Prepare for an action pack 2.5 hrs. You'll realise that TPM was a fairytale compared to
    the Jane Austin EpII is to be."

- Again personal opinion. Johnathan Hales has also confirmed that EpII is very complex.
    This is not considered a spoiler by the rules.

"The current consensus in the SA forum is that EpII will be the best of ALL the current
    SW movies."

- No spoilers here either.

I am happy to answer any questions y

8. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Hey Ternian, why didn't you post the link of the thread you started with all the spoilers in "riddle" form? It didn't take a rocket scientist to decode the riddles, which of course means you are directly responsible for me not being totally Spoiler Free.

Thanks a bunch.... :mad:

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the windiest wind!

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SPOILER FREE!

9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Damn, I think that's the longest post I've ever seen here.

10. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Again, very glad I only post in the SA forum where we only have trolls and redundency.

11. Darth Vince

Darth Vince Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2000
    If what he says is true, than the looking at the PM's should be the answer.

12. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Mace Windy, that thread was shutdown! He even apologized for that one. His non-spoiler report has nothing to do with that thread, which even I will admit is a bad idea.

--Joey

13. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I don't care if he was sorry or not! What if in 1980, some kid walked up to you and said, "Sorry, but Luke is Darth Vaders son!?"

This is basically the same principle, and as far as I know, was the first straw with myself, and several of the other NS members I associate with via PM....

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the windiest wind!

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN UNSPOILED!

14. Damillster

Damillster Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2000
    Maybe we can send Obi to the TF.n headquarters to investige these mysterious Private Messages.

15. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    Even so, that's 1, count them 1 spoiler posted in the forum. Reading through through all of Ternian's posts a few times, (in the original threads and now here) he hasn't posted any spoilers in his posts. There is nothing that hasn't been confirmed by Lucas or Hales or another legitamate source.

16. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Ternian has outlined that none of his stuff is a spoiler, yet one of the other new rules is alluding to spoilers too. You want proof, fine, but because there are NS people I will only state whether or not a post could be aluding to a spoiler.

"Anakin is still a Padawan. His decisions will be influenced and monitored by his
    Master."

Where is it confirmed whether Anakin is a padawan or a knight? From the only official source I can find (OT) he is a knight in the clone wars.

"Obi Anne,

They forget one character.

There is one character from one particular movie that makes an entrance. This is a very
    interesting twist, I think ,for EpIII.

Ternian "

A very big allusion to a very big point of talk in SA.

'In EpIII he will somehow begin to doubt his master. "

Alluding to the possiblity that he won't fall til Ep 3 when no one knows.

"Obi Anne,

All I will say about the romance part is:

Maybe Anakin and Padme shouldn't have got married.

Ternian"

Again, where is there an official source that says they actually get married?

Would you like me to continue?

17. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    To address your points.

"Anakin is still a Padawan. His decisions will be influenced and monitored by his
    Master."

Where is it confirmed whether Anakin is a padawan or a knight? From the only official source I can find (OT) he is a knight in the clone wars.

--McCallum has stated that in the movies we see Anakin move from Padawan to Master. There is some debate about the master part, but he confirms that we will see Anakin as a Padawan.

===============================

Obi Anne,

They forget one character.

There is one character from one particular movie that makes an entrance. This is a very
    interesting twist, I think ,for EpIII.

Ternian "

A very big allusion to a very big point of talk in SA.

--I'm totally spoiled and I have no idea who he's talking about with that statement.

===================================

'In EpIII he will somehow begin to doubt his master. "

Alluding to the possiblity that he won't fall til Ep 3 when no one knows.

--This is the only one you have maybe a small leg to stand on, but its kind of reaching.

==================================
    "Obi Anne,

All I will say about the romance part is:

Maybe Anakin and Padme shouldn't have got married.

Ternian"

Again, where is there an official source that says they actually get married?

--I don't think in the SA forum we've had many discussions on when they get married, we're going on Lucas keeping with some Family Values and not having the twins born out of Wedlock.

=================================

Still no real spoilers.

18. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I'll conceed the first one then, but the fact is that even alluding to spoilers is not allowed. And most of them do.

19. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Didn't RM say that the movie would end with a marriage?

We know he won't fall until Episode 3, Lucas has said that it was the Dark Episode, and that we would see evidence that things are going wrong. I think it was in the insider.

A character is going to make an entrance? I have no clue what he is talking about, and there really is no way for me to know. I assume it is... not going to say it here.

Really Ternian did nothing wrong. I think now the main problem is that Windy, and DLM realized an IP ban was a mistake and are too ashamed to admit it.

--Joey

20. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Actually, GL has confirmed that Anakin will fall in Ep. III (during the little blurb that came with the latest release of the OT)...

21. Steak_Sammich

Steak_Sammich Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2001
    As far as Anakin being a Padawan in Ep2. He has a braid. of course he's a padawan. Did you watch TPM? Remember when Yoda promoted Kenobi to Jedi Knight? Remember two scenes later during the celebration. Did you notice Kenobi missing something? Yup, you guessed right, his braid, the symbol of his padawan status! It's therefore a given that for most of the movie, he will be a padawan. Although it's possible that he might be 'promoted' before the end of the movie, we as yet have no proof that he will, therefore, as of today, there is no proof that this is a spoiler.

As far as the marriage goes, I don't have a link, but I do remember Lucas stating that in Episode 2, they would get married. And since Lucas is intent on making a family movie, marriage is almost a necessity.

And if someone turns to the darkside, it's pretty darned likely that he doubts his master. They have a duel, in which one of the end results is that Anakin ends up in an iron lung. If you consider THAT a spoiler, I guess you don't pay too much attention to Star Wars.

22. Fatboy_Roberts

Fatboy_Roberts Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2000
    (disclaimer: Lost on Hoth may not want to read this, as I've found he doesn't like long threads that take him a whole bag of popcorn to read through ;) )

Ta-daa.

I believe Joey just hit the nail on the head. The stink of overreaction hanging over this banning is crazy, and unfortunately ternian gets to be the scapegoat here because a VERY VOCAL, VERY SMALL minority (3 or 4) of posters in that forum have the ear of the moderator, and apparently there's something personal going on behind the scenes. I can't really tell, being as Mara and P are constantly magnifying sole incidents, blowing them out of proportion and hiding behind grand statements of hyperbole ("ternian's reign of terror" "He continued to mouth off to me" type stuff) in order to make Ternian look foul. Couple these blatant exaggerations with the constant insinuation that Ternian is LYING to us all, and it doesn't reflect well on you OR your forum at all. I never had a negative opinion about NSA or Dark Lady Mara up until now, and even at the beginning of the post, I believed it was just a mistake and nothing more..but it's looking worse all the time.

This "Ternian's air of superiority" you guys are talking about is ridiculous. If you saw snobbery there, it's cause you WANTED to see it, straight up and down. There WERE instances of power-tripping and lording stuff over people in NSA..I don't believe the person doing it was named Ternian, however. If I may use a Mara-like hyperbolic term, I'd say this is character assassination, point blank, motivated by paranoia and fear. You jumped at shadows, and decided to make those shadows look like ternian so you wouldn't have to admit you were acting foolish. That's how it LOOKS. God, I'd love to be wrong on this point, maybe it'd mean the JC hadn't ONCE AGAIN shot itself in the foot and done a disservice to it's members, but I'm not so sure that's the case..

And then, in the thread ternian got banned in, instead of responding to posters needs, their requests, and standing by as cooler heads prevail, she jumps in, with Mr. P and Windy in tow, and proceeds to thrash the thing up and make it some kind of personal vendetta. She ignores the wishes of the majority of her forum members, she doesn't HELP the situation in anyway, and proceeds to run off one of the best posters on the JC simply because she, like the other guys opposed, seem to hold Ternian responsible for their lack in logical thinking.

Let's look at the whole sig thing that the opposition keeps bringin up as an example: It's a made up sig. Mr. P ALSO has a made up sig. Mr P's. gets to fly. Why? Because he doesn't visit PSA? That's crap. No two ways about it. Clear double standard. You're holding Ternian to a personal standard that ISN"T in the rules ANYWHERE. Nowhere does it state "knowing spoilers will be held against you as you post" How is Ternian's "I made it up" different from P's "It's from my fan-fiction" excuse? Someone else made the comparison to witch hunt. It seems apt here.

And aside from the 3 or 4 posters that have got her back in this and the other threads, I'm reading nothing but negativity towards how this was handled, and at the loss of one of the better posters on these boards. One member mentioned bitterness, and I think that's a good word to use..it's a bitterness that's been dropped on our heads by people that literally DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY"RE TALKING ABOUT. "Oh, we were OBVIOUSLY spoiled" says members of NSA who don't ever venture out of that forum. How could you possibly know? You're guessing, but, like I said earlier, you jump at the shadows and hang blame on ternian simply because instead of asking someone who IS spoiled, you discard the option that it could be made up SIMPLY because Ternian vists PSA, and proceed from there. Which as I pointed out, is extremely faulty logic. It's like saying "Bush wears doily underwear!" "Is that true?" "I dunno, but he reads Newsweek..IT MUST BE!" Tell me I don't have to point out how ridiculous that is.

Mara, You've deprived the rest of the boards from a poster a LOT of us

23. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    If I may respond to the question on the sigs?

IMHO Mr. P's is right above his link to his fanfic or whatever, by connection thats where it comes from. Well i thought that was obvious.

In contrast ternian's sig sat there with no explanation. How is putting a fake line in your sig and parading through NSA at the very least trying to get people to ask you about it and at the worst despicable provocation.

Well thats my opinion someone far more in tune with events may be able to give you better reasons.

24. Darth Dark Helmet

Dec 27, 1999
    But the minute someone brought it up, he immediatly said: "Its a joke, its fake." He wasn't parading it through the NSA forum, he was using it as his sig, while he posted in the NSA forum, AS WELL AS the SA forum.

25. Lord_Grendel

Lord_Grendel Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2001
    Thats not the point anyway. He was banned for no good reason IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.