main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Spoiler Forum Brouhaha...Big Question Marks

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Fatboy_Roberts, Apr 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Listen, I've been in this forum during that whole time so I know exactly what has happened, and none of any of the spoilers that have been dropped in the non-spoiler forum have been due to Ternian. In pretty much every case they have been in a thread started by a non-spoiler member asking about something that happens in episode II. Of course certain spoiler members take this opportunity to either gloat that they know what happens or give obvious hints at it. That was unfortunate, but Ternian has never participated in those and has nothing to due with any of the spoilage that has spilled into the forum. He is being made a scapegoat for that and that is unfortunate.

2. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    the first case I refer to ended with hews following post

hew 1/25 8:17am RE: Non Spoiler Report On EpII
    "Hew - Fixed. Again, those weren't spoilers and it is your mind running wild."

Not according to a few things I've slipped up and read in the Spoiler forum. Are you saying your "sources" are wrong?

But thanks for editing it, though.

the second was the following case
    Ternian 2/3 11:22pm RE: Non Spoiler Report On EpII
    IronParrot,

I believe it actually goes over a week. It feels like it anyway.

EDIT: Rawsdower's right. That stuff I asterisked out was indeed a spoiler.
    Date Edited: 2/4 2:27pm (1 edits total) Edited By: Dark Lady Mara

-----signature-----

" Her thoughts lie with another, Anakin. Be
    mindful of fear" - Obi Wan

3. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    the secodn was a spoiler as the arbiter of what is and what isn't a spoiler decided it was. that I'll give as an honest mistake.

However the first is Hews response to Ternians older sig. In which case Ternian lied to cover up his mistake.

4. Lord_Grendel

Lord_Grendel Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2001
    Oh well gee, ban him then!

And im still majorly confused where you see a spoiler or a lie in those posts.

5. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    So, there was an "incident" two months ago when Ternian edited out something that another poster believed was a spoiler, even though he didn't think it was...

And one incident where he apparently did post a spoiler (2 months ago) that had to be edited out by DLM.

This is his "reign of terror"? This is him with an attitude? One maybe spoiler that he voluntarily edited out at a fellow poster's request, and one spoiler edited out by an admin during a time where the rules were still fuzzy. Both of which happened quite a bit before this incident. For this, we're supposed to assume he's out to get us, or that everything he posts is aimed at spoiling us?

6. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    You asked I gave you the facts.

Now if you'll go back to what my position was I said the worst that should've been done was a 24 or 48 hour spank.

of course thats just my opinion.

Also, sometime after the first thread fell into disuse and the second was made, the SNA forum cracked down on spoilers and info such as included.

It is now stated policy that such updates from the spoiler forum are not allowed in the forum.

Ternian violated that.
    Look I can't change what happened, I can't make ternian get over his wounded pride and I can't wave my hand and let each of you know exactly how much you want to about episode two. I can only give you my interpritation of the rules and my understanding of the best we can do. Try cutting Mara some slack instead of jummping over one mishandled situation.

God knows if we sacked an admin everytime they fowled up we'd soon be left only with Bob.

7. Askaak

Askaak Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2000
    From Ternian:

Farraday:

1) That spoiler was in my PROFILE. Not my sig. I had forgot it was in my profile and removed it as soon as Hew informed me. I did not post it or display it publicly.

2) Dark Lady Mara agrees that this was not a spoiler. Your case in foundless here.

8. Lord_Grendel

Feb 19, 2001
    farraday is obviously blindly backing up anything the admins say.

And skirting the real issue

9. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    I never saw the info in your profile so i can't testify to it's spoiler value Ternian.

What is the real issue Grendal. That because a couple of people are disgruntled over a situation we should sack an admin who's done a damn fine job?

Do you want to try taking over the adminship of the spoiler forum?

You only get perfection from machines, maybe we've forgotten humans screw up because we spend to much time on the computer, myself included.

10. Lord_Grendel

Feb 19, 2001
    Im an admin at aldera, i know its all judgement calls. I just feel this one was unnessecarily harsh.

And i never said anyone needed to be "sacked".

11. Fatboy_Roberts

Fatboy_Roberts Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2000
    Maaaan..."they keep DRAGGING me back in."

You're skirting the issues, sidetracked the discussion of how to prevent stuff like this from happening again, and misinterpreting a LOT of stuff..

only ONE person recommended Mara be "sacked." and he took it back. NO ONE ELSE has said Mara should go. Once again, (surprise surprise) you're operating on an assumption based in YOUR head off NOTHING any of the people you're arguing with have said, and holding it over OUR heads, holding us responsible for the way YOU think..and this is what ami and yoda are trying to figure out. Can we get back to that? This just reeks now of crap. You're not doing us any favors, farraday. This thread'll end up getting closed and once again, nothing will have been accomplished except a pissed off mod, a pissed off ex member, and a bunch of disgruntled posters as opposed to something being actually worked out. I'd rather that gets avoided.

Peace,
    Fatboy

( I promise. No more. None. SERIOUSLY.)

12. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    The what do you want Grendal?

Aldera is a puddle compared to this place as any engineer knows you can not scale linerally. You scale exponentially. Cube your problems on aldrea and think about that.

Ternian says he isn't coming back so what do you hope to gain here? If you want the rules clerified there are much beter ways to do it.
    If you want an apology good luck but there are much better ways to get it then calling DLM a stupid witch who couldn't admin her way out of a plastic bag.

okay maybe none of you have gone that far but tell me what are you trying to get out of this?

13. Lord_Grendel

Feb 19, 2001
    Yeah Aldera sucks, good point..?

And what are hopeing to gain? You already are the admins pet, arent you?

Ternians my bud, im just defending him. And im not happy hes been banned. Is that so hard to understand?

Oh, and it would be nice if this kind of thing didnt happen again.

btw, Aldera is at least as big as the NSA.

14. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    I didn't say it sucked I said the problems you faced weren't on the scale of the problems here.

I ask you again what do you want?
    All you seem to want to do is scream about how it was unfair.

All of Aldrera is a bigger then one of the smaller forums here? DLM deals with more then SNA you know.

15. Lord_Grendel

Feb 19, 2001
    Yeah, here i am screaming. Whatever. And IT IS unfair. Thats the freakin point.

Just forget it, im done.

And another thing, were only talking about one judgement call an admin had to make. Saying tfn is bigger has nothing to do with that.

16. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I've got to back DLM and farraday up on this one. The NS forum is a place where you can discuss all avenues about what could happen in Ep 2. Some of Ternains posts can restrict that discussion. He might not have posted any blatant spoilers, but he has alluded to them in quite a few. Not only that, he did not wait to find out why his original thread was closed, despite a warning being posted, before continuing with the older version. And before you say that, DLM herself had said she did not go back through the old threads and close them. This is a big mark against him. And if you want to come up with the argument that she didn't respond, how do you know. You have both DLM's posts and Vert's to the admin board. A permament ban might be too much, but that is not my call. He deserves at least a little for what he has done.

17. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    My last words for the night.

It was unfair. So what. Ternian has decided not to come back. this has happened before and the people involved have made BB's to talk with eachother. You can talk on aldera or half a dozen other places.
    It isn't fair but then again Ternian made the mistake of assuming that rules dont change.

18. Lord_Grendel

Feb 19, 2001
    It isn't fair but then again Ternian made the mistake of assuming that rules dont change.

?

And right, it was unfair, but who cares right?..

19. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Grendel, Ternian isn't the first person here to have been banned unfairly. But he has to take responsibility for his actions, whether he, you or anyone other than the admins thinks that they are right.

20. Lord_Grendel

Feb 19, 2001
    Well whatever, i happen to think he didnt do anything wrong in the first place, and im not alone.

But im done for now too. Its a shame it ended like this.

21. ThePrinceofAldera

ThePrinceofAldera Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2000
    Grendel.. What are you doing here? Get back to Aldera and administrate my little puddle!!!

*slap*

22. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    This has declined into a farce. I wonder if that had anything to do with the Prince showing up?

Seriously though, it's gone way past the point of coherence.

At the end of the day, the JC has lost a valued member. Congratulations......

SI

23. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Has the admin stance changed? Is he still permanently banned, or was it only a spank?

Inquiring minds want to know.

24. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    It's quite simple, folks:

DLM made a policy change: no alluding to spoilers.

Ternian's posts skirted that edge. He was warned repeatedly. He continued. He was banned.

Now. The *timing* was less than perfect, because Ternian was simply defending his actions when DLM banned him. I can't agree with the timing, but I agree with the logic.

I like Ternian as much as anyone, but he broke a rule. If you think the rule was too strict, it can be changed, but the punishment still stands, especially since he was warned repeatedly.

I personally don't feel the ban should be permanent, however.

Vertical

25. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    In no way should he be permanently banned for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.