main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non-Spoiler Forum Rules (as of 3/30/06)

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: No Spoilers Allowed' started by Hama, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Welcome to the JC. While you're here, I hope you'll drop by the non-spoiler forum. The following is our most current set of rules for what is and is not considered spoiler material:

These are the rules that apply to the entire JC (with the exception of the 4SA forum)

1) Anything dated prior to May 18, 2005 from any official or unofficial source is not a spoiler.

2) Anything said by Lucas, McCallum, or any other individual ranking high in the Lucasfilm hierarchy is not a spoiler.

3) Anything said by a mid- to lower- level employee, like the ones who leak info to TF.N, is a spoiler.

3) Quotes from actors, stunt doubles, etc., who were on the set of Episode 4 are not considered spoilers.

4) Any information from any issue of Star Wars Insider is not a spoiler. Information from any tabloid or other publication dated after 5/18/05 is.

5) Any information taken from the official site, including the Select pics, is not a spoiler.

6) When the time comes, the posters and trailers will not be considered spoilers.

7) Of course, all sorts of speculation based on information obtained from the non-spoiler sources above is acceptable and welcome.

Information from the OS will now be discussed in relevant OS threads. These threads will be divided into categories, thereby moving all discussion on those matters to there. In addition, this will, hopefully, help those who wish to remain completely spoiler-free as OS information will be contained to these threads.

The following are certain actions that are not allowed in the Non-Spoiler Forum to keep it devoid of spoilers:

1) Posting highlightable text (ex: highlightable). This makes it very easy for a troll to hide spoilers, and makes it harder to administrate in general. They also will be seen when the colors of the board change.

2) Linking to the Episode IV (Spoilers Allowed) forum. Linking to a thread in the SA forum is not allowed because then people would have to venture into SA to get someone's point, and they could be easily spoiled. It presents a temptation to non-spoiler members, and if one needs to refer to a SA thread, they can easily simply quote the parts of the thread that they refer to, editing out the spoiler parts since they would not contribute to the discussion, and obviously because they are spoilers.

3) Discussing opinions of Episode IV based on spoilers. Threads such as "Don't get too hyped up about episode IV" are not allowed since they are informing and discussing spoilers. Opinions of Episode IV based on speculation are allowed, but not based on spoilers. Based on spoilers means that they are discussing spoilers, and that is not allowed in the NS forum.

4) Posting an item which has the possibility of being, or can be perceived as, a spoiler.
    Speculation is the desired form of discussion.

We reserve the right to restrict certain users from posting in the non-spoiler forum, such as users whose names contain spoilers and those with spoilers in their signatures. In order to achieve the utmost protection, spoiled mods and members should also limit their participation in this forum.

Off-topic polls will be created on a regular basis by 4NS forum mods for the purpose of community building. Only forum mods are allowed to create such polls. If you would like a certain topic to be addressed, simply PM a 4NS mod and it will be considered.

These rules are constantly under debate and are sometimes modified. The only way the rules will be changed is if the regular posters to the non-spoiler forum agree revisions are needed, or in special cases where the administrators agree that new rules are necessary and would improve the forum community.

As always, if you have questions or concerns about the NS forum, feel free to PM Hama.

2. Sweet and Sour Porkins

Sweet and Sour Porkins Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 1999
    Thank you, Hama, this is good to know!

3. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Good work. I'm glad I'm part of this team.

4. Mynocks

Mynocks Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 9, 2003
    1) Anything dated prior to May 18, 2005 from any official or unofficial source is not a spoiler.

But what if i haven't seen ROTS yet and dont want to be SPOILED

5. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Hama has spoiler dialogue in his sig! Someone demote him!

6. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Son of the Suns

Mynocks

Sweet and Sour Porkins

WHAT!! You all have spoilers in your usernames!!

7. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Mine's not a spoiler because it refers to Anakin. :p

8. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I think this place:

A. Needs to become a private forum.

or

B. Needs MANY more mods.

I am sick of being spoiled in the no spoilers forum. Something must be done.

9. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I wrote it first. If GL decides to plagarize my sig and use it in his script, fine. I'll be expecting a royalty check by the end of May 2008.

10. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    How do you consider those spoilers? People come up with weird names all the time, what's to say those aren't the same thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.