main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Non-Star Wars fan fic forum

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by NYCitygurl, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    The Mod Squad has been talking about creating a new fan fiction forum for all the non-Star Wars fan fic. The forum would include all types of fan fic (books, comics, movies, TV, etc.) but not original fiction. Weâ??re still ironing out some details, but I want to know what you guys think of the idea.

We were thinking that it might draw back some older users who post different types of fanfic at other sites, and be a valuable addition to the JC, especially since character discussions would benefit the SFFs and Amph.

2. Glove_of_Darth_Vader

Glove_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2008
    It's an intriguing concept but...I don't know if it'd work out quite right? Since I'm assuming there'd be no common theme holding them together, it'd be pretty disorganized, in my opinion. I know we've got a number of boards to handle discussion for stuff outside Star Wars itself, but going to the point of creating a place for fan fiction for things other than Star Wars just seems almost...unnecessary? Just my thoughts on it.

3. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    So you don't like the idea of a non-SW fanfic board at all, or just because it isn't divided into genres?

4. Glove_of_Darth_Vader

Glove_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2008
    The idea itself isn't that appealing to me, and I don't think that there being no common link between them would be very good, either. I mean, even for the fan fiction here, we've got it divided into several different categories, and that's just for Star Wars alone. Does that make sense?

5. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    There's a non-SW RP section, so I don't see why Fanfic can't have a non-SW section too.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I'm a full supporter of a non-SW fan fic forum. There's no reason not to have one since we already have the non-SW RP and the SFF forums. It'd be not much different from the SFF forums. Just divide it in two. One for films and television shows. One for books and comic books. If there is enough bandwidth for both.

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Even if it is divided into Books, Comic, Films, etc. it would still be a little chaotic since the fanfics would basically include everything other than SW. And there are tons of Sci-Fi out there.
    I'm assuming that there would be hundreds of Harry Potter fics around pretty soon ( :p ), so eventually, a forum for them alone would be requited and so on.
    [face_thinking]
    Although, its always nice to have more creative places on the boards.

8. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    For me, I love writing fanfiction, but I have had no inspiration to write any SW fanfics. As much as I love discussing fanfiction, snice I don't write SW, I've got nothing to discuss on the fanfic boards here. I'd definately frequent such boards if they existed.

9. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    I think it's a great idea, but that it definitely needs some organization. Maybe a sub forum for HP fan fic and other sub forums for other popular fandoms. And a rule that that fandom has to be found in the title of the fic, or something. I'm not really sure how you'd implement it, but I'd definitely be thrilled if you did.

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    We're probably not going to split it at first (go the SWFF fanfic route and split later if needed). However, we're considering having titles like "[HP] Percy's Big Date" or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.