main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Non Star Wars Forum Thread RPG.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Vangarian, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Announcing for the first time this year of 2008, my intent to start up a Non Star Wars Forum Thread RPG! All are invited! Rules:

1.) Don't disobey the GM!

2.) Obey the TOS!

3.) No God Moding!

4.) No controling another Player's PC without His/Her expressed permission!

I'll be working on a story board in my head and will probably be doing a cross over involving somebody's introduction into this universe of Star Wars from anotherone based on the CyberPunk Universe of R. Talsorian Games. Let me know if yo'd like to check this out. Members who have previously not been involved with RPGs who find this intriguing feel free to respond. Thnx for your time in this. :)

John/Vangarian

2. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm in.

3. ytwars

ytwars Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2007
    me too!!!!
    i wanna play!!!!!!1
    brandon wants to join too!!!!!!!!!!

4. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Hmmm...this sounds encouraging. [face_thinking] Alright then, let's hope for some more interested players. In the mean time I'll get to work on my cross over RPG. [face_mischief]

5. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    For those of you who have chosen to get involved, check out the (Jedi Council Boards), then file down to (Non Star Wars Role Playing). click the [GO!] button. Check out the following Forums and see the examples of Role Play that are given. Also check out the rules section near the top of the section. I'll be coming up with my own story intro. soon! After that I'll be accepting applications for players. I'll also be giving examples of different types of RPG Characters that would exist in this cross over universe. I'm thinking along the line of Cyber Punk meets Half Life meets Star Wars, in that order of occurance. Please, please do check out the Rules of Non Star Wars Role Playing Forum Threads, review the TOS (Terms Of Service) and read the style of how players interact during this type of gaming. For those who have limited experiences in life I'd advise developing simpler Play Characters. (Younger aged) The PCs will be set up as such:

Name: No Names of Famous Characters. Use the standard name generating approach if need be. First name and
    Last name.

Race:/(Subspecies If Human) examples Clone, Hybreed, Tuned, Antigue or Full Body Conversion.
    /(Non human) examples Greys, Blonde Nordics (no facial hair), other Bipedal Species include those based
    on Wolf, Tiger, Lion, Ursoid or Insectoid (Bug of your choice). All are fully sentienent and very
    intelligent.

Physique: Skinny as a rail, Athletic, Blob, Looks like a freaking Ape, What ever...

Eyes: Duh

Hair: Duh

Weight: Lbs.

Family: (if any.)

Talents: Natural Actor, Great Singing Voice, A Natural with Math Related Problem Solving, Really good with
    McGiverisms.

Skills: Work Related and Martial Arts Related

Tools & Equipment: Crowbar to an Engineering Multiscanner.

Weapons: From Rocks to Neutron Cutters

Biography: Synopsis of the story of your PC's life.

Current location: (upon intro.)

This form of gaming will not include dice rolls or rock paper scissors. You write down the actions in story form. Also you must stay clear of God mode type actions. The bottom line for this game is to have fun also to use your imagination. Don't be afraid to ask questions. If I don't have the answer right away, I'll research until I do have it or at least I'll try and point you in the right direction to find the answer. It's up to you to look up the answer once you have the direction to look. On my next post I'll make the intro to the game along with its title. Thx for your response so far.

John/Vangarian

6. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003

GOONS

December 31st, 2029

It was New Year's Eve back on Earth, but on Mars the Old World's holidays didn't carry as much importance as they once had. The transportation of supplies to the red planet took precedence over such things.

Hot ionized wind shrieked across the frieghter shuttle's hull. This was bad, very bad, even for Mars. Usually the western end of the Valles Marineris was protected by the eastern reaches of Noctis Labyrinthus.
    The Labyrinth acted as a shield to slow the -other wise- high winds from the west to acceptable gusts. But this was the season of dust storms. What little grace there was from such adversity was now swiftly going south, literaly as clouds of iron-oxide-tainted silica dust rose to unimaginable(for Mars)heights by winds coming down out of the north. Already commited to final approach, the frieghter, Screaming Demon, (a TAV) had just entered atmospheric entry burn and was still traveling at mach 12. The extremely high altitude dust clouds began eating away at the frieghter's ceramic layers of heat shielding, that covered Screaming Demon's hull. The TAV's maneuvering thrusters and control surfaces started taking damage, not unlike coarse sand paper against the surface of pine wood. Captain Paul Tanner, the pilot in command was attempting a landig at the U.S. colony base in Chryse Planitia.

The first of the wind sheers ate right into the ablative ceramics. His cybernetic interface with the heavy
    cargo carrier's flight system kept him from diving to a collision with the plateau face along the northern side of the Great Rift.

"Oh hell, what hole did that bitching wind sheer crawl out of," he growled. Tanner scanned the instruments with gun-metal blue eyes, readjusted his pitch with lifters and adjusted his rate of deceleration. Two minutes later and too many miles down range to count easily, Tanner hit his second wall of iron laced silica dust at mach ten. The second dust wall had even more ferocity than the first one. He began to see real trouble ahead and cut in the vertical lifter again. When Tanner attempted a second scan for an emergency landing, he realized the sensors had been comprimised. Visual only, this is not going to work unless I dump the load, he thought.

"Mayday, mayday this is Screaming Demon, frieghter IE-122. I've been hit with multiple wind sheer dust walls and have sustained heavy damage. Control surfaces have been comprimised. I'm going down. Repeat this is Screamin". A third dust wall hit Tanner's frieghter. He hit the beacon activation button and fought madly to keep the TAV from beginning to roll left into a spiraling death dive. Tanner hissed an inhale as the dusty wind gust ate into still more control surfaces. Fighting for control at just over mach six, Tanner blew open every air brake he had to drop the air speed to something survivable. He blew his massive cargo pod in a last ditch effort to regain altitude and control. It worked. The pod seemed to snap arrears out of sight in break neck deceleration, while his flight section regained much needed control to mass ratio enough to clear the northern ridge of Hebe Chasm. Tanner slammed the lifter controls into full power and maximum climb angle. A chance updraft gave him another fifty feet of attitude. He cleared the face and lived. Six miles down range Tanner brought the flight section to a vertical landing.

The cargo pod hit Hebe Chasm's floor at a shallow fifteen degrees, after having fired every last available retro rocket pack and deployed its giant parasail. With the struts extended, the landing legs took the final hammering and fulfilled their function. Martian dust was kicked up everywhere. The wind storm blew it away and the parasail settled to the downwind position, then released as the pod righted itself. Inside several beings were stirring from a deep sleep....

O.O.C. Ok, This is the intro. to our RPG forum Thread. Titled "GOONS".

The time is 22 ye

7. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    After PMing with Jedi_Knight_Birr, it has been suggested that the "Non Star Wars Role Playing" under the Jedi Council Forums banner would be a better place to do this. If this takes place there, then there will be many other players likely to participate. All those who are still interested please respond. [face_peace]

8. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    Just so you know, all these threads under theforce.net are 'Jedi Council Forums'. That's just what they call their boards.

9. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Thank you, Mike for the Reality Check. Sigh! [face_blush]

10. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Hi, Gang: I'll be going over to the "Non Star Wars Role Playing" Forums with this RPG Thread. For those of you who are still interested, feel free to investigate and enter you're Player Character to me by PM. Thanks for your show of interest up until now.

John/Vangarian