main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Non-Stormtrooper Imperial Forces in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darklordoftech, Aug 12, 2014.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We saw non-stormtrooper Imperial forces moving crates and driving speeder bikes in the clip from the first episode. I wonder what other roles these forces will have, what their relationship to the stormtroopers will be, and what they will wear.

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Just another variety of Imperial mook.

They are superior to stormtroopers in only one respect. They are better at dying.

Dead Redshirts for the Redshirt God. Mook corpses for the Mook Throne.

Honestly... I have no idea.

I'd love to see some of the Imperial units from the EU resurrected in canon.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'll tell you what I'd really, really like to see.

Imperial Commandos.

Now, I don't particularly care if they come in the form of the Imperial Commando Special Unit:

[​IMG]

The Imperial Navy Commando:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Imperial Army Commando:

[​IMG]

The Imperial Storm Commando:

[​IMG]

Or, my personal favorite design, the terrific concept art for the abandoned Imperial Commando video game (which still sit unused in the Lucasfilm Archives):

[​IMG]

And if we do get to see them, I want to see them in a spotlight episode where they win (in the sense that they at least threaten to successfully wipe out the 'good guys' and force the rebels to withdraw on a particular mission).

If the series really does, as they say, wish to avoid the classic Saturday morning cartoon villain trope, then the rebels can't win every engagement. And I think having Imp. commandos would be a great choice for a victorious antagonist for an episode (or better yet, an arc).

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_hypnotized]

:_|

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Cadet in the recently-leaked image looks like a non-Stormtrooper Imperial.

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea, the PS2 version of TFU had a nice variety of different Imperial troopers.

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe the recruitment of conscripts ultimately proves a disaster as they're so inept and inferior to the Clone trooper program and so the Imperial remnant in the new movie switches back to Clones sorta like in Thrawn's trilogy, he activates a clone army.