main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive [Non-SW] A day in the Life of a Peasant...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by The_Jesstar, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cat_Orange

Cat_Orange Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 18, 2002
    IC as Esme

The smoke was hard not to notice, as was the bustle of activity and the yelling going on. Esme and her parents hurried up, joining in with the rest of the people attempting to put out the blaze.

"What in the Lord's name?" she murmured.

TAG: Anyone

2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    As Essylt

Essylt's pale hand flew to her lips as she saw the barn ablaze in the distance. When once she had been a young maiden, foolish and headstrong, she would have not spared a thought for her own safety but dashed out to aid the stalwart men valiantly trying to save the village from burning to the ground. But now she was married, and had been blessed with two daughters and a son at last! Turning from her vantage point in the tower, she went to the small basinet where lay her sleeping son, Michael. Smiling bittersweetly, she picked up the babe and cradled him as she looked upon the menacing threat.

"Oh, Michael," she said softly, "May you ever be kept out of harm's way, but if danger shall rear its ugly head, may you face it bravely and emerge a hero, strong and whole."

She kissed the downy head of her son, then turned to her lady-in-waiting.

"Call my daughters to me, goodwife. Elizabeth must play for me the music she has composed, and I need to see how Laura has gotten along with her embroidery."

The goodwife bowed humbly and went to go fetch the lady's daughters.

"Lady Elizabeth! Lady Laura!" she yelled. "Lady Essylt calls for you in her chamber!"

TAG: Darth_Joesha, Cat_Orange

As Margaret

Margaret's head whipped up from her work, and her arms froze in mid-temper. Quickly thrusting the sword into the water, she dropped her hammer and ran outside the smithy. Her alert gaze drew her to the fire, where two men were busy with barrels. She gathered her skirts up, and ran to them.

"Tell me quickly how to help, for I wish to render my services," she said.

TAG:Darth-Zame43, Squishy_Vic

3. Cat_Orange

Dec 18, 2002
    IC as Laura

Laura had been standing by a window, staring out at the blaze, and the people rushing towards it, when she heard her name being called. Pretending not to hear the Goodwife never worked [And Laura knew all too well, she had tried many times before] Grudgingly, she picked up her skirts and made her way up to her mother's room.

Knocking on the door, she asked permission to come in.

OOC: Forgive me, I'm not too knowledgeble when it comes to this sort of stuff. Does a daughter curtsey to her mother, or even ask permission to come into a room?

TAG: Handmaiden_Yane

IC as John

He had seen the blaze from his room and had been watching it for the last few minutes. Of course, he should've been out there with the others, attempting to put it out, but John had never been one to do things that might have damaged his health.

And so, he stood there, staring out the window. As long as he was safe, there was absolutely nothing to be concerned over.

TAG: No-one, well, unless someone wants to drag John out of his room and make him help. :p

4. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    ic Hazenfield

Hazenfield was loading barrel after barrel on to the cart.

"Tell me quickly how to help, for I wish to render my services,"

"Well, I don't know...uh, you could help me with the barrels, or help the loaders."

tag Handmaiden_Yane

5. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    Ic:
    Esther saw Lady Essylt start helping a man whom she did not recognize.
    "Excuse me m'lady and sir, but may I be of assitance to you? I wish to help."

Tag:Handmaiden_Yane and Darth Zame

6. Darth-Zame43

Mar 6, 2004
    ic Hazenfield

Yet another woman ran up to Hazenfield.

"Excuse me m'lady and sir, but may I be of assitance to you? I wish to help."

As he piled empty barrel after barrel on to the cart he replied to the woman. "Yes, you can help me stack these if you will, or help fill them down by the well..." He gave a quick smile and said, "or, I hear they're sending people in to get the food out, you could help with them. But that may be to dangerous for a woman to do."

tag starwarsbeauty

Ooc: Nice colors The_Jesstar

7. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    Ic:
    "Yes, you can help me stack these if you will, or help fill them down by the well..." He gave a quick smile and said, "or, I hear they're sending people in to get the food out, you could help with them. But that may be to dangerous for a woman to do."

Esther looked at him. "Sir, I don't mean any disrespect but if you haven't noticed I am a peasant and not afraid of hard or dangerous work. Now if you will direct me to the person I need to see about getting food that would be very nice."

Esther secretly hoped she had gotten her point across. She wasn't afraid of anything. Being the oldest in the family makes it so she has to be brave.

Tag:Darth Zame

8. The_Jesstar

The_Jesstar Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Thanks Zame, aussie colours!

9. Darth-Zame43

Mar 6, 2004
    ic Hazenfield

"Sir, I don't mean any disrespect but if you haven't noticed I am a peasant and not afraid of hard or dangerous work. Now if you will direct me to the person I need to see about getting food that would be very nice."

"Peasant or no peasant..." Hanzenfield said as he lifted another barrel on to the cart. "I'm just saying, some of the other men might give you a problem." He stretched his back for a moment before lifting more barrels.

"But, if you want to go, they are all grouping over by the farm, one of them will help you."

tag starwarsbeauty

10. starwarsbeauty

Feb 1, 2005
    Ic:
    Damaris realized she had gotten defensive to fast.
    "Sir, I am sorry I did not mean any disrespect. I think I will go over there and see if I can be of service but if not I promise to be back."
    She started walking to the barn and realized there were alot of men.
    "Excuse me, but I wish to help you all get the food out. Does any one have a plan?"
    Tag:Darth Zame, anyone at the barn

11. Cat_Orange

Dec 18, 2002
    IC as Esme

Knowing she couldn't lift the barrels of water, and knowing that the men would simply think she would get in the way, she sawa group of people congregating at the barn, hurrying over, she was able to hear a girl speak:

"Excuse me, but I wish to help you all get the food out. Does any one have a plan?"

"Run in there, get the food fast and run back out like demons of hell are at your heels," Esme offered, trying to lighten the situation. "I don't know what else there is to do. We can't wait until the fire is put out because the food it'll be burned by then."

TAG: Anyone.

OOC: Come on Aussie, come on, come on. Come on Aussie come on! :p Go Jess!

12. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    IC: The Kensington Troop

The men finally arrived at the burning building...

"Alright you all..." Will said, making himself visible... "form a bucket line... you two, start pumping at the well... the rest, line up with you at the front." he said pointing and such...

He noticed other people around trying to help out and let them be.... every little bit helped....

William made sure to keep an eye out for his Lord however.... that was one person he would care about....

TAG: All

13. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Not long to get everything out people!!!

Quick now!!

14. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Due to the Rebel take over, I am externdong the time limit for this until Monday, if you ahve not completed it by then... then all the food and supplies will burn to a crisp... bum bum buuuuuunm!!!

15. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Elizabeth

"Mother, you called." Elizabeth said curtsying slightly and trying to act composed even in such surcumstances. "Oh i do hope they put it out, i would hate to see them all stave." Elizabeth knew what it was like to stave, she did it often so as to keep in figure to find a husband.

tag: laura, essylt

16. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Ivan Garret

Ivan started loading barrels with water, setting them alongside him and waiting for the peasants to start loading them. If they cared for their homes and crops, they would help.

TAG: ANYONE ACK ACK ACK!

17. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Squishy_Vic has pulled out of this RPG, so there is an opening for another Knight if anyone wants it. I would also like to see a page or two... I might play one yet... you never know... its not to late to join people!

18. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    As Margaret

Margaret ignored the gender slurs directed at her, and lifted a bucket of water with ease and passed it quickly along the line. She would prove her worth.

She hated it how the only way she could sell the weapons and equipment she had made was if her father was in the front of the shop directing the business. No one dared to buy from "a girl", though her blacksmith was reputed to be the best in the village, all the credit went to her father who was nothing more than a wasted drunk more than half the time.

She doubted that she would get recognition if she helped with the fire, but hopefully it would deter any man from wishing to marry her and she could continue living her life with her own rules.

TAG: Zedd-Vega, Imperial_Hammer, Cat_Orange, starwarsbeauty, Darth-Zame43, anyone else helping with the fire

As Essylt

The goodwife let both daughters into the small sun room where Essylt received them. Smiling benevolently at them, Essylt watched them curtsey and then she bid them rise.

"I hope they put the fire out as well," Essylt said solemnly, "Much of our food is stored in there and things will go badly if we lose it. I am glad that you have shown concern, Elizabeth. It makes me proud. You shall make a fine lord's wife someday. For now, however, there is nothing we can do but pray."

Essylt rose, and gave the baby Michael to the goodwife.

"Come, daughters, we shall go to the altar and pray to the Virgin Mary to deliver us from our trials and tribulations."

She withdrew her rosary from the pocket on her skirt, and gestured to Elizabeth and Laura to do the same. Essylt walked slowly but purposely to the next room, where an altar to the Virgin Mary was. Kneeling before it, she softly began her Hail Marys.

TAG: Darth_Joesha, Cat_Orange

19. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc: which country is this and what year?

20. The_Jesstar

Feb 21, 2003
    Its in Britain in the middle ages, they started in about 500AD, so about.... ooh, 873. Yeah, its the year 873.

21. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC: I'm sorry if I'm been presumptive in assuming that Essylt and her family are Catholics.

22. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc: no they would have been, it was another 100 years till the church of england came about so i think they would be.

23. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC: I did some research and I found a Christian Chronology and for 873, all there was is the name of a pope, so I'm assuming England was Catholic then. However, to be more accurate, it will be about 800 years before Henry VIII creates the Anglican church.

24. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    ooc: well i didn't remember the exact date! lol, i just remember 7 wives... it was 7 right, not 8?

25. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    OOC: Six wives. ;)

1) Catherine of Aragon (divorced)
    -Mary
    2) Anne Boleyn (beheaded)
    -Elizabeth
    3) Jane Seymour (died in childbirth)
    -Edward
    4) Anne of Cleves (divorced)
    5) Catherine Howard (beheaded)