Non-SW Collectibles v 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blur, Jul 1, 2015.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just got back from the toy show in Columbus and it was massive. It's grown exponentially since last time. We got there early and paid a bit more for the "early bird" privilege and I'm glad we did. We left three hours later and there was still a huge line snaking out the door.

Gotta work tonight, so it's bedtime, but I'm off Mon and Tue so I'll get pics of my haul up. I grabbed.

- 5 Kenner Super Powers figures (Robin, Green Lantern, Joker, Penguin and Flash)

- Vintage SW AT-ST

- Vintage Kenner M.A.S.K. Switchblade helicopter/jet.

- 2 vintage Hasbro G.I. Joes (Scrap Iron and Law & Order).

My friend got that Bandai Voltron and it is flat-out beautiful.
    PadmeLeiaJaina and Darthmaul208 like this.
  2. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As promised, some pics of my non-Star Wars haul from yesterday's toy show. Up first, my Kenner Super Powers figs...

[IMG]

As you can see, like so many 80s figures, they're going up in price. The show did have good prices, comparable to what you'd see on eBay. They're also in fantastic shape.

Up next, my two Joes...

[IMG]

They were $15 ea., complete with nicely cut file cards.

Lastly, my M.A.S.K. Switchblade, the main baddie's vehicle (you can barely see him, but the pilot [Miles Mayhem] is included and is manning the cockpit).

[IMG]
    Last edited by Juke Skywalker, Mar 20, 2017
    Darthmaul208 and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Nice haul! I like the German Shepard w/ your one Joe :)
    Juke Skywalker likes this.
  4. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    @PadmeLeiaJaina Yeah, I love the figures that come with an animal companion of some sort. There were a few that came w/dogs, one who came with a timber wolf, another with a parrot (a sailor, 'natch) and guy with a bald eagle.
  5. Blur Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Great haul, Juke Skywalker. I never collected the Super Powers line back in the day, but wanted to. I always hoped they would re-issue those figures, but they haven't (though they have released similar DC figures in a much larger scale).

The G.I. Joe: ARAH figures look great. I always wanted Law & Order. The M.A.S.K. vehicle looks like it could easily be a Cobra ship from the ARAH toyline.
  6. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    @Blur Thanks. Yeah, definitely pleased w/my haul. I'd made some good progress on my SW and Joe collection on eBay of late; particularly SW, scratching off some major vehicles (Millennium Falcon, Slave I), so I went in wanting to hit some other things.

Only had a few Super Powers myself as a kid, but I knew when I got into vintage toy collecting it was a line I wanted to collect. I've seen that larger line you mentioned, on cardbacks like the smaller vintage ones. And now Gentle Giant has started doing Jumbo's of the vintage figures. I'd like to grab me a Batman and Superman at least.

I didn't have Law & Order either. They're on what I call my Joe "Want List" (I have two lists, "Must" and "Want"), but that's mostly because I didn't have them as a kid. W/my "Must" list now one figure from being completed, I couldn't pass up a top-tier want at $15 w/file card.

Yeah, Switchblade is one of the more Joeish of the M.A.S.K. line. Same w/Miles Mayhem, complete w/his military outfit. That gives me 3 M.A.S.K. vehicles for my collection (Along w/Thunderhawk and Firefly). Got about 4 more on my "Must" lists, and several that I'd like to have.

Just picked up a Super Powers Lex Luthor. That gives me 8 SP figures, and leaves me 3 shy of the 11 I want. Then just gotta get a Hall of Justice playset to display them with and I'm done with SP. My goal is to complete my SP collection, then knock out Mattel's Secret Wars line (Want about 8 of them) then knock out my Turtles collection before returning my focus to G.I. Joe and SW.
    Last edited by Juke Skywalker, Mar 25, 2017
  7. B99 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I got to catch up with the DC Multiverse figs.. Anyone else collect those???
  8. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Besides the SW Black Series I basically only collect vintage items these days, but a few of the channels I follow on YouTube have done reviews of them and they look pretty good. There's such a deluge of comic book/super hero figures out there right now that it's a bit overwhelming TBH.
    Darthmaul208 likes this.
  9. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just won a Kenner Super Powers Wonder Woman and Firestorm. Just need two more (Darkseid and Aquaman) to have all the ones I wanted.
  10. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just won one of my G.I. Joe holy grails, the Killer W.H.A.L.E. hovercraft. It ranks at or near the top of many collector's favorite vehicles from the line. It's got some notoriously fragile pieces, but as long as the seller packs it carefully this one's are in tact. Nice cosmetic shape as well, and complete save for one depth charge, which should be cheap and easy to pick up.
  11. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, just started collecting yet another vintage line by purchasing a Major Matt Mason figure. This was a space/astronaut themed toy line by Mattel from the late 60s during the height of the space race and subsequent mania. I've just started to research it, but from what I can tell there are four astronauts, two aliens and a giant oddball entry called Captain Laser. There's a playset and a whole host of little vehicles and accessories.

These aren't cheap, and I don't plan to collect the entire line. Just wanted Matt and a few of the astronauts and maybe one of the aliens (the so-called good alien is the least expensive).

Here's a vintage commercial to give you a flavor of them.

12. PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  13. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know :(. I just can't stay focused. I'm like a kid in a candy store "I want that. Ooh, and that! Aaaaand that! And two of those!". I've just gotten on this kick where I see lines like this where I only want a few things and think "I'll just sidestep over there and complete that and move on.".
    PadmeLeiaJaina and Darthmaul208 like this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well that's OK I'm continually tempted by 12" figures. Speaking of which, Threezero the company that's making 12" figures for Game of Thrones just announced that they've got X-Files figures on the way - this is their peek at Agent Mulder:

[IMG]

@Blur

He'll go nicely with my 12" collection of Sideshow/Mattel figures and is a great improvement over them. I'm hoping Scully (who I'm assuming will be next) will have hair, although they just did a ScarJo from Ghost in the Shell and her bob is molded. Their GOT Dany has rooted hair though.

[IMG]
    Darthmaul208 and Juke Skywalker like this.
  15. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, since the last time I posted I've added...

- Doug Davis from the Major Matt Mason line.

- Kenner Super Powers Darkseid

- G.I. Joe Tomax and Xamot and Shipwreck. Now have all 51 figures from my "Must have" list. Also added a Vamp Jeep.

- Kenner Silverhawks Quicksilver, Steelheart and Copper Kid.
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've got 6 Sideshow figures on pre-order - 2 aren't Star Wars, I have that Mulder figure above and Dany from Game of Thrones. The good news is that the company that makes those charges less than Sideshow or Hot Toys.
  17. Juke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Added a couple of more vintage Silverhawks figures; Steelwill and Mon*Star. That gives me 4 of the 6 good guys and 1 of the 4 bad guys from the line that I want. I should hopefully be able to knock this line out pretty quick. Of course, that's what I said about Tron (still trying to find an MCP Guard w/its staff) and Super Powers (still need an Aquaman w/his trident). I believe I have the toughest ones out of the way here, though.
    PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT