main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non-SW Collectibles v 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Blur, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    And yet another Joe joins the ranks w/a Cobra Viper soldier.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  2. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Snagged a vintage G.I. Joe Hawk MMS Operator. The MMS (Mobile Missile System) is one of the first Joe pieces I bought when I got into collecting back in '00-'01, but it didn't have the figure that came w/it. Not it's complete.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  3. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
  4. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    *sigh* that reminds me that I need to put some focus on my vintage 70s/80s Hot Wheels collection [face_laugh]

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    :rolleyes: Remember Padawan, your focus determines your reality....

Master_Rebado and Juke Skywalker like this.
  6. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I focus like a fly at a picnic :p.

PadmeLeiaJaina and Master_Rebado like this.
  7. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Grabbed another vintage G.I. Joe, this time Hawk v2 (1986). He makes 8 on my "want list". Nearly half way home there. Might have to expand and make a kinda want list.

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Vintage G.I. Joe Footloose.

9. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Vintage Kenner Silverhawks Bluegrass figure. That gives me all 5 of the main Silverhawks heroes, and the main baddie Mon*Star. A few more henchman for him and I'm done w/Silverhawks.

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Vintage G.I. Joe Chuckles.

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got notified that my 12" ThreeZero Fox Mulder is about to start his pre-order payments. Thankfully there are only 3 if memory serves me. They're cheaper than Hot Toys figures by one full payment.

I should have my Game of Thrones 12" Daenerys coming this month also.

*Grumbles - really need more shelves. I'd like to have some of my Non-SW stuff up and on display.

12. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord and Juke Skywalker like this.
  13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well since I read online that Mattel is in trouble thanks to losing their Disney license to Hasbro, I'm on the hunt for getting all of the Wonder Woman dolls that are out. Currently the playline dolls are all on clearance from the film, I need to pick up the nicer collector versions also.

Will Pick up Wonder Woman and Mera dolls from Justice League. I've already got stuff for a Superman shelf, it's time the Amazon Queen joins the ranks. I got the first dolls I ordered yesterday, they're cool. Mattel made a new very fit and muscled body for her. I'm thinking her body will be used on this awesome new doll that's coming soon. Ibthaj Muhammad will be a must purchase also.

I feel like writing to Mattel to see about working w/ Warner Brothers/DC and do a full line of dolls based on The CW's TV shows. There are some 6" figures made for them but no licensed 12" dolls. They'd kill it w/ Supernatural dolls.

14. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
  15. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
  16. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    1990 indeed. =D=

17. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I just won a Kenner Super Powers Aquaman. I started collecting the line last Spring and quickly got the bulk of the ones I wanted. Aquaman however proved to be elusive. He's as common as any other core character, but his trident is almost always missing, and he's got a finicky paint app. To find one w/trident and good paint is tough, and when you do you pay a premium, which I did here ($34.95).

18. Master_Rebado

May 31, 2004
    Nice score!!!

IIRC Cyborg was one of the hardest to find at any time from when the line was new to now.

19. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Thanks! Yeah, I believe he was released @ the end of the line and is the most sought after figure. Loose I've seen him command upwards of $500. Carded he's twice that.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    My Threezero 12" Daenerys Targaryen figure will be charging and shipping next week! I think my 12" ThreeZero Fox Mulder will likely be coming soon also.

21. Instant Force Talk

Instant Force Talk Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2017
    I feel like I am part of a minority group here. [face_laugh] The only non-Star Wars collectible I have that is worth mentioning is my VGA graded copy of Dragon Quest XI. And some random items I decided to keep. Which includes the D23 promotional "Haunted Mansion" tin button in its original wrapping. Which I got on my birthday in 2009(?).

But besides that... I wish I lived in an area that lived near places with better collector shops and toy stores. It is a dry zone for nearly everything, so I am stuck being both old-ish and stuck with what I have decided to keep.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    @Instant Force Talk are there any particular non-Star Wars lines or items you'd like to start collecting? Not having any good collector-focused shops nearby is a bummer, but there's always eBay and various e-tailers.

23. Instant Force Talk

Dec 23, 2017
    To be fair, I have tried for a good chunk of my life. So not really, with a side of me wanting to keep that part of my life simple for the sake of my "sanity". :p And 100% agreed. I pretty much like Mandarake when it comes to getting great deals on OOP items in exchange of import shipping fees. But eBay became king when it comes to what I paid for my 2010 MOMC "Rocket-Firing" Boba Fett. Sadly, it is also making it hard for me to even think of backtracking on any other Star Wars figures. :boba:

24. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Simple is a good thing. Anything that we do as a hobby should be a stress reliever, not pile more stress on top of us. I collect a wide variety of vintage items--from dozens of different toy lines to lunch boxes to vintage video games--but I enjoy the process instead of feeling overwhelmed by it. I've been at since about the start of the century and I've still got a lot to go. But it's the journey, not the destination.

Instant Force Talk and cathiecat like this.
  25. Instant Force Talk

Dec 23, 2017
    I 100% agree. The hurdles I faced was either burn out or fans acting like they are kids and not adult fans or collectors. Which also turned out to be fine because I ended up learning is that the decisions I was making were not the ones I should be continuing. Something that had me worry when this one JRPG fan made the lack of voice acting in Dragon Quest XI an issue, and felt that the Western release deserved it. But that faded away when he got pissed when I used the 3DS port of Dragon Quest VIII against his claims and "points". :D

And speaking of vintage... I almost convinced myself to buy a Kenner "The Empire Strikes Back" action figure case! The artwork looks really cool and reflects the retro style artwork I loved to see at Disneyland. But just like what you have said, my journey has me preparing the first official Star Wars figure in my collection to be sent off to AFA. And if my luck still rings true, I will have two items to send off for grading purposes. Which means that I should not consider buying any vintage items until I either visit Nakano Broadway or get paid again in March.

Plus... I have to confess that I had the time and energy to collect vintage lunch boxes. They were my favorite things all the way to the 6th grade. So thumbs up on that. :)

Juke Skywalker likes this.