main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Noob on a mission

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Marbuhk, Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marbuhk

Marbuhk Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2007
    Hi all, new to the boards but not the site. I've been lurking in the background here for years![face_whistling]I've got more time on my hands now, so I hope to be a little more active. Have a couple of short stories but not the courage to post them, yet. I also have a fairly large SW collection, much to my wife's chagrin.

Anyway, my mission....A long time ago, on a site much like this one, okay, exactly like this one...I ran across a piece of fan fiction that combined the SW galaxy with the Star Trek universe. I have searched high and low, with no luck. If anybody knows of what I speak, please enlighten me as to it's whereabouts.

Glad to be here, and looking forward to reading more fanfic.

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Welcome Marbuhk

If you feel unsure about posting, maybe team up with another fanficcer in The Creche and buff them up until you feel like posting.

And there is also a place where to look for that fic. ]Here you can ask, but if you know either title or author of the story, you can also use the Search Engine which is lined up inside the thread. Good Luck!:D

3. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Welcome to the boards. It's kind of a big step to finally register, I hope you make yourself at home here.

There's plenty of places to post, you can check most of them out with the Map of the Boards - but to find that Star Wars/Trek mutant, your best bet would be one of the [linkhttp://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction/c10051]Fan Fiction[/link] boards. Maybe look through the indexes, or even message one of the mods. They'll be happy to help you out with a friendly PM.

Feel free to hang out in WNU for as long as you'd like, welcome other new members, post in the social threads, or just ask any questions. Enjoy your stay!

4. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Marbuhk, a noob with a mission... :p

Welcome aboard! [:D]

There are plenty of Star Wars/Star Trek crossovers here. If you can remember some details, you should go and ask here. :)

In what era do you write?
    I'm pretty sure you're not as bad as you think. But I can understand you, it's very hard to post your first fic. Just don't do it like I did and keep cheking your fic every minute. Makes you too nervous.
    My advise would be to look for a beta-reader, an experienced writer who re-reads your chapters before you post them and gives you tips.

Good luck with your search and enjoy your stay! [:D]

5. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome aboard, Marbuhk! :)

Beside of the good advice to work on your story with another person until you feel like posting, I would suggest to get adopted at FanFic. I'm sure you'll find the courage to post your stories soon. :)

It's great to see you posting finally and I hope you stay for a while as well. There's much to do on these boards, so you won't get bored anytime soon, but... what I'm talking about, you're a lurking for some years already, so you know this already, don't you? ;)

Enjoy your stay and good luck with your FanFics. :)

6. Shi-Ann_Kenobi

Shi-Ann_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    Yay, I am not the only newbie! Anyway, have fun here, and uh, I recommend NOT visiting the JCC or the Senate Floor first. Don't get me wrong, they are great boards, but not the friendliest towards newbies. ;)

yay, I hope the MUC worked.

Good luck on your mission!

~Shi~

7. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Welcome around these parts, Marbuhk. It sounds like you enjoy your writing, which is great to hear. In addition to the FanFiction you can find on this site, there's also a nifty place called Role Playing which is an area filled with fun and interactive stories. It can become addictive it's so good. ;) It's a good place to enjoy writing, so I thought I would let you know.

I wish you well in your mission. I haven't heard about a story like that before. :D

There's plenty of other great places around these forums; many different ventures you could run down. Enjoy it mate!

8. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    Welcome to the Boards![:D]

Star Trek and Star Wars crossovers can be found here: The Crossover Index There are several of them if you scroll down the page :)

Hope you enjoy being here :)

9. Darth-Zabrak

Darth-Zabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2007
    Good luck looks like you fit right in with teh fans here, well except for the trek thing they are ouur sworn enemies. [face_devil] to TREKIES

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.