main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CE16 Noob questions about autographs/photo ops

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by darth_Haitham, Jul 31, 2015.

1. darth_Haitham

darth_Haitham Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2015
    Greetings!
    Hopefully next year will be my first time attending SWC, already got the tickets & booked the hotel, Im pretty excited although it's a year from now. I really hope that Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels & Peter Mayhew will be attending as well. I appreciate the help in answering the below questions based on your previous SWC experience:
    - How the autograph system work? can you buy them online in advance? or you line up in the guest queue & pay at the table?
    - Being a none VIP ticket holder, how hard is to obtain an autograph from the big names like Fisher & Hamill? Do I have to line up hours before the opening show in order to secure one?
    - Is the photo op can be bought online in advance?
    - Overall, how convenient is the whole event (panels, show room,etc) with the none VIP ticket? I attended several comic cons before, some of them the VIP ticket is necessary and others are not.
    Sorry for the noob questions and appreciate all the help :)

2. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Hopefully you can attend, Celebrations are a blast.

- Yes you can preorder autographs, through official pix. You can also pay at Celebration as well.
    - Autographs aren't necessarily hard to obtain, but depending on the "guest" is the determinant factor on how long the lines are going to be. The four you have as examples tend to have some of the longest lines, so you will want to go straight to one of their lines as soon as the doors open for non VIPs. Helps a little bit if you take time for autographs during one of the weekdays, as weekends are the busiest time, but still figure you are probably going to dedicate most of the day to autographs.
    - Photo op can be bought in advance. When the schedules come out for them, make certain you factor that in for any other shows or panels you want to see. Also, again, the examples you gave above will have larger lines for the photo opportunity, so figure on getting around the camera area early to avoid lines.
    - Panels and shows are easy to find, but depending on the topic, presenters, subject, they can have VERY long lines. For example, you will find people lining up early the morning of the closing ceremony and just sit there the entire day. The main "guest" shows can also build up large lines, with people waiting hours for those as well. The rooms containing the droids and the stormtrooper helmets can have decent lines, but they tend to move fairly quickly.

3. darth_Haitham

darth_Haitham Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2015

Awesome, many thanks for the great help :)

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note about Official Pix - they no longer have the license for Star Wars autographs and pics, so I'm not sure who will be handling that aspect of things. You can see the Official Pix news here on Rebelscum.

5. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Good point LAJ_FETT. We'll have to wait and see who and how they handle autographs next year when it comes to purchasing/preordering.

6. ilariaskywalker

ilariaskywalker Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2016
    I've bought the Friday and Saturday ticket for the Celebration in London and I'm wondering if main actors will have photo session in just one specific day? :/

7. ilariaskywalker

Jan 26, 2016
    I've bought the Friday and Saturday ticket for the Celebration in London and I'm wondering if main actors will have photo session in just one specific day? :/

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think it pretty much depends on the actor's schedule. I've been to non-SW conventions in the past here in the UK and sometimes an actor will only be available on one or two out of the three days.

9. Aaron Halvorson

Aaron Halvorson Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    If Daisy Ridley does Photo Ops at Celebration this year, absolutely sign me up!!! Whichever day or days she does Photo Ops, I'll be there 110%! :)

CaptainRegor likes this.
  10. ilariaskywalker

Jan 26, 2016
    Same things for me for Mark and Carrie [face_laugh]
    If they be there on Sunday I'll buy also that ticket.
    The only 'problem' is that I've already booked my flight on the 14th so if I will flight back on Monday I'll spend more money :oops:(I was planning to leave on the 14th and come back Sunday morning)