main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NOOOO!!! GhentZ's SBS death prediction--POSSIBLE BIG SPOILER

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediFarfy, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Ok, I've calmed down. I checked the cover, and that X-Wing is in fact green, but that doesn't mean he's doomed. After all, he isn't a main guy, and do you really think MAS would let Corran be killed off, especially since his kids and all? I doubt it. It HAS to be someone else. I can't stand to lose another favorite character.
    Long Live Chewie!
    JediFarfy

2. anyueman

anyueman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2000
    Maybe I'm missing something, but what does MAS have to do with this?

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    MAS has no say. The second X-wing Rogue Squadron was published he became Lucas Licensing's character. And while I agree he was a great character through the original four X-wing books, I, Jedi ruined him. He became this always right, preachy, self-righteous guy who always gives speeches and never just talks. It's annoying trying to read his sections in the novels.

4. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    nooooo...if corran goes....the whole series is a gonnerr....so much for A NEW JEDI ORDER?

5. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    As much as Corran and MAS would like us to think so, Corran is not the end-all-and-be-all of EU. Read the first chapter of XWRS, his attitude is still basically the same now as his self-analysis of it was then, he's just hidden it from himself now. There's plenty of good Jedi without that miserable Luke wannabe hanging around.

6. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I agree JediFarfy. Just because Corran is definatley in SbS doesn't neccesarily mean he'll be axed. He's not real a main character and if they're trying to kill of main characters they'd could pick someone better. Maybe Lando or one of the droids. Be optimistic; the green fighter might just signal Corran's return after his self-imposed hermitage.

7. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Lando would be pointless to kill. He hasn't been used enough. It would look like a cop-out if he died.

Lando should get a good 3-4 books in which he is busy saving the galaxy, between the time that he is to die. That way he can die a hero's death.

8. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Good point Valiento. There is no real evidence in any way about who is to die or not. Lando and Corran do seem like minor characters lately so maybe it's not them. Do we think Del Rey would be so bold as to kill off Luke or Mara? They are what I define as major characters.

9. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    This reminds me of something I was told 2 years ago.
    This topic makes me laugh.

10. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Care to elaborate, DL?

11. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Eh. His death is logical.

I'll even use the same argument you guys are using: He has kids.

The kids, at least the Valin, has had lessons from his da, Ganner, and Ani. He's growing up and his family right now is other Jedi. The Horn kids are taken care of so Corran really isn't needed much longer, just enough for him to die in battle. Already the Solos take his place in Jedi and Corellians areas. My guess is if MAS does any more EU it will be about his prequel Jedi and not his New Order ones.

BUT, didn't Allston say Corran would be making an appearance in one of his Enemy Lines books? I thought people would remember this? Granted, it might be just an appearance at his mangle corpse at the funeral but whatever.

Lando would also make sense, his presence on the cover might just be blurred and darkened so you can't see him. Personally I wouldn't rule out anybody, even Han, Leia, Luke, or Mara.

I don't think boycotting or whatever is the answer here. It's not like SW is real. If you don't like something just ignore it and watch the wampa scene in ESB, always works for me.

12. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Not particularly, Mastadge. This is something only myself and a few others would find amusing.

13. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    It's safe to rule out Jaina (Dark Journey) and the other two who are all supposed to be featured more in the upcoming books.

Also Han and Leia are supposed to be getting their own book in the NJO later on, so they're safe too.

Luke and Mara could die I guess.

14. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Maybe Skycrawler will die, and it all will have been for naught.

15. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Greg Keyes did say in an interview that there would be "complications" regarding the Skycrawler. It could be him...

16. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    I could see Valin desperated and angry and turn over to the dark side IF his father die..

17. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    hmmmm... when corran spoke of going into his hermitage during DT, he said he would go and help prepare Correlia, and/or hook up wiht Booster. now granted he has obviously know hooked up with Booster, but i cant see him abandoning his home planet and his grandfather. we all know correlia is an essential balance point wihtin the invasion corridor, perhaps the vong make an attempt to capture it on their way to coruscant? Corran returns to help defend it, repulsing the vong along with the valent defenders, saving the system with his life...and almost single handedly rejuvenating popular public opinion of the Jedi? a fitting end for a heroic character. they have the reman consistent in killing the characters off with both dignity and a memorable, valiant deed.
    also, on the point of killing off either Mara or Luke, and the possible complications of skycrawler. a hypothesis only.......
    Skycrawler dies from birth complications, Luke/ Mara goes over the edge, goes on rampage with a small enclave of other jedi that go on a "Dark Journey", destroying many if not all of the Vong. the rest of the NJO is based on the stopping of these Jedi.
    just my thoughts....

18. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Corran returns to help defend it, repulsing the vong along with the valent defenders, saving the system with his life...and almost single handedly rejuvenating popular public opinion of the Jedi? a fitting end for a heroic character.

Oh man poor Corran,but indeed a dramatic heroic selfless end :(

19. loontexas

loontexas Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2001
    cool idea protege. the only problem is its been done before in dark forces. plus, judging from the way lukes been acting latley, i dont think hes anywhere near the darkside (not on a violent level anyway).

maybe jacen will take the dive, or possibly mara. maybe well finally see tahiri fill that vision anakin had of her and turn to the darkside, possibly pulling a darkside starkill (like we saw in the origianl tales of the jedi), hence the name 'star by star'.

20. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    thanxs Loon, but it was only a very loose hyothesis, i'm far more confident about the Corran thing. it seems the fitting way for him to go out.
    Remember, always in motion is the future. Anakin's vision saw what Tahiri would become if the Vong managed to assimilate her. he averted that possible future by rescueing her. only by her being captured again will that future ressurect itself.

21. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    But are they really heartless enough to kill off the baby?

Lando would be a "safe" person to kill off since he hasn't been in the books and no one would be really mad. That would be stupid for the same reasons though. No one's seen him around so if he gets axed, big whoop. I actually want to see a lot more of him later, especially since he'll be in SBS.

I have no idea who it could be. I don't want to think it'll be Luke or Mara, but since CHEWBACCA was killed off, anyone's fair game.

JediFarfy

22. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I like your theory about Corran, Protege. Even if it's already bee done, Corran is a popular character and deserves to go out in a blaze of glory.

Once again for Lando, I was thinking about it and it seems unlikely it'll be him now. In some interview someone mentioned he'd be in SbS or Rebirth (don't remember which) but in a minor role. They were going to use him more later.

If it's not Corran, I really can't see them killing Luke yet (would it be Star Wars without him?), but Mara is a possibility.

23. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Yes would be empty without Luke,but why should luke have to suffering more in his life,and would lost his wife or kid? He deserve alot of happiness too.And Lando should please stay

24. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Luke shouldn't have to suffer, but with the dark and depressing nature of the NJO, they might make him suffer. And I don't think they'd kill of both Skycrawler and Mara, only one. Lando'll probably survive, I think.

The main people faced with death in SbS are probably Corran, Mara, Skycrawler, C-3PO, or R2. Maybe Wedge?

25. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh and I thought Leia and Han suffered enough with Chewies death,now they should deal with a mourning grieving Luke too,who should lost his beloved wife or child after married only about 8/9 years??
    No fair game if the whole Solofamily all will be healthy and surviving in the end of the NJO.

For Luke who have to deal with enough problems a deep impact on his mental condition if..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.