main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NOOOO!!! GhentZ's SBS death prediction--POSSIBLE BIG SPOILER

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediFarfy, May 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kettch

Darth_Kettch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2001
    I seriously doubt that Lucas will allow the deaths of R2-D2 and 3PO. They're the only constant in the SW saga.
    I say, if anyone has to go, it hsould be Corran!

2. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    after all this time with out a wife it would be foolish to kill them off. its etheir corran or lando and if it corram they take a large chunkk of the njo with it. however since cwewies dead theres no tell going who will be killed it's anyones guese.
    ghent is a likely choice to since he does electronic codes, so unless their going for borsk he (sorry to say this i think he's a very cool character who should live)serves no purpose in njo unless he devepses away to read the communication of the vong ships.

3. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Good point Darth Kettch. I had forgotten about that. But I doubt it's Ghent. They did announce that it would be a main character and I don't consider him to be that. And probably not Lando either because he's been used so litte lately, but, based on a few intervieews, they seem to be saving him for later books. Corran is still probably the best bet.

4. Corran9

Corran9 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Death of Corran that pisses me off! :mad:

It better be done right...if he dies in some stupid accident I'm going to swear off Star Wars for good. If anyone kills Corran it should be MAS.

All the Corran critics say he's "too perfect" or "too goody." You know what? I think you are wrong. He's more human than many other characters in the series. He's been burned by his ego just like everyone. He's a good Jedi and a fine father. If that annoys people...sucks to be you. I hope you are happy when he's killed off.

5. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    Did they say for sure someone was gonna die? This killing off deal is gonna get cheesy real soon. The Chewie thing, yes it brought a certain level of shock into the whole thing so you knew not everyone was protected, but if they start killing off people left and right it will be just for shock value to hopefully raise book sales (which it won't).

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    WHo said anything about sales figures? What if a death serves a plot? And one semi-major character (really, how many non-SW fanatics actually know who Corran Hown is?) dying after two years of no deaths, and that after twenty-five or thirty years of no deaths, is hardly left and right.

7. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    If MAS killed of corran. He'd just bring him back again. I mean what has it been? corran's 3rd apparent death and survial in darktide duology? It seems it would take someone other than MAS to kill off the poor guy.

8. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    There are a lot of reasons for killing Corran.

1) He's one of the main heroic characters created in the Bantam storyline. I'm shure Del Rey wants to get rid of these so they can concentrate on the Sollo kids and new characters (bye bye Mara & Kyp)

2) We all know by now that the NJO storyline steals left and right from history and other SF-stories. Killing Corran (in a heroic way) would remind me of the fall of Troy, where all the heroes get axed except for Ulysses.

3) He's a Jedi.

4) The Vong will want him for Shedao Shai.

5) Because Corran was close to Luke and his position at Ithor was similiar to Kyp's I can imagine them burying their differences over his grave. This would have an effect on the turning of the war, I guess.

6) Booster might get angry after all. And team up with Han (One Vong worlship for Chewie, one Vong worldship for Corran ...) and show the kids what war really means.

9. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    I wouldn't really like it if they killed off Corran, he's a good guy and I liked his character in I,Jedi, even though I do think he has an attitude problem. But I also think he's kind of wise in his own way. I see him as a mentor to Luke and Mara's children someday...

And I would be so POed if either LUKE, MARA OR SKYCRAWLER were killed off. I mean if that ever happens I will swear off NJO forever!!!!!!!!

10. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I'm so sorry Corran9. I know how much Corran means to you and how hard his death would be. But take heart, while we do know for certain someone is going to die, Corran is merely a rumor and it could change. No one really knows anything for sure yet.

11. IellaWessiriNRI

IellaWessiriNRI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    hmm... i can understand why they would kill corran, but that doesn't mean i like it! i hope they don't kill him.

actually i think it would be nice if luke died... if you think about it, he doesn't really do much any more. jacen, jaina and anakin all seem to have their own ideas about the Force and don't ask him for much... han and leia are too busy trying to save their family... and the galaxy has enough jedi to continue the JO even if he dies. he's older (what, 40?) than he used to be, and imho, he's bound to start slowing down. kill luke! (ok, so mara's pregnant. so? ;) )

all i can say is... THEY BETTER NOT KILL WEDGE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

12. Corran9

Corran9 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    Thanks Adi. :D

Well I kinda like the idea of Booster and Han teaming up, though I rather it not be over Corran's death. Tell you what though I feel sorry for the Vong if they kill Corran, 'cuz Mirax will open a DS sized can of whup @ss on them

13. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    "I really can't see them killing Luke yet (would it be Star Wars without him?)"

It really depends on your vision. With most of these people in this thread their vision includes Corran, maybe not Luke.

NOW, Let's try his death from a different angle shall we?

The Corran Assasination Conspiracy:
    1. DR/LFL - needs someone to kill off and they know if they try to kill of one of the main characters (Luke, Leia, or Han) something MUCH worse could happen than hat mail

2. Stackpole (yes, MAS) - says he wants "time off," but really he lost support from DR when LFL switched contracts. If Corran dies, he is pretty much guaranteed a comic series, then his own Infinities series (in books or comics), then possiblly the directorship of Episode III.

3. You, the fan - The outrage over EU would split the EU fans and make it easier for Grand Moff Land to turn EU into some lame trekkie/X-men crossover.

Looks like I rambled too far. Oh well, sorry to waste your time.

14. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    welcome back Iella.

15. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Funny Corran! I would love to see Mirax go after the Vong. :)

Interesting theory, wampa.

Overall though, I think more people would be upset over Luke rather than Corran. Personally, though, I wouldn't be too upset if Luke gets it during the NJO.

16. Darth_Kettch

Darth_Kettch Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2001
    I agree, storywise, that Luke's death could be done, but we'd never hear the end of it from the cannon-only-people [face_plain]

17. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I personally would like to see Kyp bite the big one.
    However, since apparently someone is going to die, which is sad but one of the probelms with war, I guess Corran would be the most logical choice. Another good choice would be one of the Solo twins. What kind of ripple would THAT cause in the SW galaxy??? I think that would cause Luke and Kyp to finally bury their differences and fight together. Anyway, whatever will be will be, we might as well suck it up and enjoy it, cuz if we always expect things to go the way we want them to, we're going to be very disappointed with life. :p

18. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I like that idea, Jedistyrker. :)

But we do know for sure that Jania's not going to die because she's the star of Dark Journey. Plus as it's been said that the Solo kids are going to be playing even bigger roles as the NJO continues, it's unlikely that Anakin and Jacen are going to die.

Kyp could be a possibility and then there's always Borrsk.

19. Anakin-Solo16

Anakin-Solo16 Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2001
    I think i read something awhile ago that said Lucas already told Del Rey that Luke wasnt going to die and that he would live through the NJO. Has anyone else read this, I can't remember where though.

20. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    Let's see if I can make this make sense (try not to laugh until I finish ;) ). If you go by it being said somewhere the "Solo kids" would play a bigger part you only need two for it two for it to be "kids". Now if two got axed it would be Solo "kid" but that's obvious. Given that if it happened we could narrow it down very easily.

21. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    i see a lot of people think similarly to what i do.
    If Corran is to die, it will only be sucessful if it institutes an ENOURMOUS change to the current state of the GFFA, and manages to do justice to his character, his exploits, and his fanbase. it is always hard to lay a much adored character to rest, but if it is done properly, there is almost a sense of satisfaction that accompanies it.

If Corran is to die, it must act as a crucial turning point of the war.

whether or not it leads to Booster and Han teaming up and leading a band of militia/smugglers, or Mirax miraculously destroying the Vong - becuase we all know how angry she will be - or Luke and Kyp burying the hatchet, or my concept of it reuniting the Jedi with the republic and leading to a united, military front....
    These are all academic questions. as long as it leads to some of these or something quite like them, his death will not only be justified, but ultimately worth it.

22. Corran

Corran Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    They CANT kill Corran.
    End of story

They need the Corran caracter more than they needed the furball we all loved so much. But he was just Solo's side kick They where always togheter or Solo on his own. He never had any big adventure on his own. Thats why they let him die.
    Corran on the other hand is a better caracter for them since he can be a book on his own Or with rough squadron or with anybody else.

So for the next loved one they kill (those baxtxrxs) we have to look at sidekicks.
    And who do we have.
    boorsk can ber counted among them but i doubt they kill him.
    The droids are expendebels for the monye foks
    Land maybe He kind of repiting him self
    Some half known Jedi (i'm just started VP so i dont know all the caracters they have there) But that aint big enough
    One of the kids (there are three of them)
    Any one else having any sugiostions ???

23. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    *phew*

When I read the topic header I thought another core character like Luke was gonna bite the dust.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not in full approval of Corran's death, but it's not like I'm gonna get my knickers in a knot and drop the entire series if he dies.

24. Kenix Kil

Kenix Kil Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2000
    What about Kyp? It has been mentioned but no one has expanded on it. Think about it for a second...
    Kyp leads his dozen in a major battle with the Vong and he sacrifices himself to save them. Without Kyp the Jedi for Jedi fraction falls apart and the Jedi are reunited.
    Please don't kill Corran. He is the only good new Jedi that has been created with the exception of Mara and they need established characters.
    One other thing, Del Rey won't kill off old character to make room for new ones for one reason: THE OLD CHARACTERS MAKE MONEY!
    They might kill off one or two but not all of them becuase they are established and Del Rey is a company so they want to make money.
    One more thing. On the Vector Prime cover on the back upper left is Chewie's face. On the SBS cover there is a face in the same place but it is too young to be Corran.

25. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    Ok I've been reading I, Jedi lately, so I've been paying attention to what you guys say, and trying to see if I notice it.
    Yes, Corran is a little self-righteous and preachy. But you know what? Luke NEEDS it. Stackpole made him that way in I, Jedi so that Luke would take action against Exar Kun, which he should have, instead of ignoring the problem. In the NJO usually we see Kyp pitted against Luke. Supposedly he is the balance to Luke... the extreme balance.
    However, I think Corran provides a better balance. That's why he's so preachy. He's trying to get Luke's ass into action. And I think we know Corran finds better ways into action than Kyp's "let's go shove a lightsaber through everyone" way of thinking.
    So in my opinion, there's reason to keep Corran around. I think if he comes back into the picture, he will provide the proper balance for Luke to get his butt in action. Notice the Jedi (besides Kyp) haven't done too much since Corran left.
    And besides, I personally like a guy who can tell a Dark Lord of the Sith that he's gonna put an entertainment center right where he's standing. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.