main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NOOOO!!!! heart sinks at EP VI rumor (spoiler?)...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by dafttom, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    AYBABTU, that picture is really starting to get on my nerves, if you don't stop posting that i think i'm going to have to...

[image=http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/37960000/jpg/_37960734_punchafp300.jpg]

punch a little girl right in the face :D

anyway, this has got to be a bogus rumour, at least i really hope it is...

2. Darth_Hater

Darth_Hater Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    by the way, that was sarcasm in my last post

3. lilcris

lilcris Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Whats soo stupid is that she dosent need to be there. The story at that point is Luke and Vaders arc. Maybe it will just be a quick cut of her being sad during the part on Endor when Luke and Leia talk. But I hope they dont mess with the ending and the stuff on the death star!

4. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    I have no idea how this could be added to the film without seeming to be tacked on.

Unlike most fans, I did not mind the SE versions since most of the changes were simply updated special effects or expanded shots of cities. However, I find the rumors that Jimmie Smits has filmed new scenes ANH and Natalie Portman maybe doing the same for ROTJ rather troubling. I fear these added scenes will ruin the pacing of the OT and are simply not necessary for the OT story.

5. heg_solo

heg_solo Jedi Master

Jun 20, 2001
    "yeah I would hate to see George change something in HIS OWN MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

isn't this richard marquand's movie?

6. klrobinson

klrobinson Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 1999
    You're all forgetting the Rebel Planning session scene.
    Padme is alive and well during the rebellion...only in hiding, well protected.
    In fact, she was probably one of the principal instigators of the rebellion, given her nature and character.
    There has always been rumours that she is Mon Mothma...perhaps they will digitally erase Mothma and put in Portman instead.

This is my take on it all, and I HOPE IT'S TRUE...because this is like one long 12-hour movie, folks...and I , for one, don't want Amidala to die in E3.

7. lono

lono Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    It's still his own film to destroy. :(

Lono

8. MasterPulp

MasterPulp Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 17, 2002
    How about if a scene were inserted while Obi-Wan is explaining to Luke what Yoda meant by "there is another." It could show Padme giving the kids up to Obi-Wan... Just a thought.

9. tooltre

tooltre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2000
    actually she isn't alive and well...

if she does appear in ep.6 dvd...it will be in ghost form with anakin...and it will be a bleeding tragedy...

10. BattleDroid1138

BattleDroid1138 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 6, 2000
    An apperance in ROTJ makes no sence to me. Seeing her ghost would be weird... she is not a jedi you know. For that matter adding Qui-Gon ghost would be dumb to, because you would have to add a scene with Luke asking the ghost of Yoda just who the heck Qui-Gon is. If you add Qui-Gon you might as well add Kit Fisto too. Anyway about Padme, I she is to be added to any classic trilogy movie I would think it would be ANH. She could scream at the top of her lungs as Alderaan blows up, but that seem pointless too.

11. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    I have a very bad feeling about this...

12. Unrealism

Unrealism Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2002
    Kit Fisto in ROTJ... [face_laugh]

13. Andureth

Andureth Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    George created a masterpiece, he is allowed to destroy it if he wants. I have no faith in George's creative mind anymore.

Endureth

14. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I don't see where adding Padme would make sense. Luke wouldn't recognize her. Leia couldn't see the ghosts. I don't want to see a flashback scene either.

We don't even know if the mother Padme remembers is her biological mother or her adoptive mother. I suppose we'll know for sure after Episode 3, whether or not Padme dies.

15. lono

lono Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm holding out for Ric Ollie's ghost in ROTJ.

I can just see him now: "Look it's the ghost of Anakin! and Yoda and Ben. Me too, I'm a ghost! That little Force did it!"

Lono

16. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    It will probably just be some sort of flashback scene... I highly doubt it'll be anything 'real' sort of speak...
    I do agree itll probably be when Leia is telling Luke about her mother...

17. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
  18. JediHPDrummer

JediHPDrummer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    I dont think its going to be a ghost. I think anakin is going to have a memory or something. At the end where Padme is and remembering the great days. I think this is a great idea. IT makes it a more complete story. Common people dont be ignorant, its just like 5 seconds! Please, George just wants people to look at this movie in 1. So after Episode 3 hes not doing any more star wars movies. So he should pu tthings he wants to put in. Its his story. Whats so bad about it. Its not like hes making a whole new ROTJ. Jus tlittle things. Come On! Im for it!

19. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    If it is true that Natalie Portman will be in RETURN OF THE JEDI I think it is possible that she would be Mon Mothma. I've actually considered in the past that Lucas could make Mon Mothma Luke and Leia's mother.

Also, look at the name Mothma. Moth=Mother, ma=ma, what some call their mother. Maybe stretching, maybe not.

As far as a flashback is concerned, I don't know that Lucas would do that

20. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?

Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.

#BOOM# [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_2/Characters/Padme/padme_gown.jpg] #BOOM#

What do you remember?

Just...images, really. Feelings.

#BOOM# [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_2/Characters/Padme/swi58-01.jpg] #BOOM#

Tell me.

She was very beautiful. Kind, but...sad.

#BOOM# [image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_2/Trailer_Pics/Forbidden_Love/aotc-forbidden_009.jpg] #BOOM#

Yes. Flashbacks would suck. [face_plain]

21. Lord_Shiva99

Lord_Shiva99 Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2002
    How about Vader viewing a hologram of padme right before taking Luke to the emperor.
    I've always wondered if Vader/Anakin thought
    about Padme while he was Vader.

22. heg_solo

heg_solo Jedi Master

Jun 20, 2001
    "How about Vader viewing a hologram of padme right before taking Luke to the emperor."

if it HAS to be done, then that's the best idea i've heard so far.

23. QuiGonJinn84

QuiGonJinn84 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 20, 1999
    I'm appalled by all of your blatant cynicism!

How can Anakin be truly redeemed if Padme isn't there with him?

Someone posted a theory that the people close to Anakin are the ones who become one with the force and are able to kind of coexist with the real world. I'm not sure that is true, but either way, who cares. Someone explain to me what is wrong with having Padme in RotJ?

You see the final shot of Luke watching the spirits form. For a moment the camera pans over to Anakin and Padme appears by his side, suddenly Anakin shimmers and turns into Hayden. They look on at their children.

It may not work out that way, but creatively adding Padme's spirit to the end would seal Anakin's redemption and make an emotional ending to the saga 100X more emotional.

You are all heartless. Heartless I say!

I'll bet most fans would jump at the oppurtunity to see Boba Fett die a dignified death rather then have this. Blech.

24. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    ROFL

Sorry, but the hologram thing strikes me as rather funny...

'I'm completely frickin' evil, but oh look, it's my longlost love...'

Nahh, I'm with those who think it's just going to somehow tie in with Leia talking about her mother. Not like a blatant flashback, just dark images maybe mixed in with the scene for a few seconds at most...

Oh well, we'll all see in 4 or so years, nay?

25. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Jedi Master star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    If there going to shoot a scene with Natalie Portman as Padme Amidala on ROTJ, That would mean she survived Episode 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.