main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NOOOO!!!! heart sinks at EP VI rumor (spoiler?)...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by dafttom, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDa-cam18

JediDa-cam18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    Well im all for Natalie being included into RotJ. I always felt after hearing GL would redo the OT to fit more with the PT that Padme had to be included someway somehow, her character is just to important to be just non-exsistent basically, so Im glad she will be in RotJ. How Lucas will incorperate her in RotJ will be a mystery but im sure it will work.

2. Darth-Murder

Darth-Murder Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    Why the hell can't he just refilm the original trilogy and be done with it. Then, Chewbacca can be an Ewok, as GL always intended, and he change that horrible looking Jabba in ROTJ for the jabba used in ANH-SE which is much, much better looking. And Luke can have the Padawan's hair style while training on Dagobah, and Yoda can jump like hell while they're training instead of sitting in Luke's backpack, and Vader can say cool stuff like "Luke...when I was young I rode a cartoon pig to impress your mom", and so on and so forth.

3. LawrenceS

LawrenceS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2002
    Darth-Murder
    fricken funny!!!!!

4. FatboyTim

FatboyTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2001
    I can think of just a few ways that a youthful Padme could be shown in ROTJ.

1. As a hologram owned by Vader. He could be shown brooding over it before he meets Luke in ROTJ (and perhaps even looking at it also, in his 'meditation chamber' in ESB?) This is probably my favourite idea. :)

2. As a hologram owned by Leia! The trickiest option maybe, as it would require the most digitial alteration. When Leia tells Luke about her/their mother, she could bring out a portable hologram of her to show to him. (A keepsake that she always keeps with her etc.)

3. In ghost-form on Endor, as has been speculated already. Appearing to be with Anakin at the end to show he is fully redeemed. I like this idea but would suggest it might work best if Anakin's spirit has to 'concentrate' to make it happen (showing him use The Force to manifest her spirit etc.)

I think it was PadmeBra that actually said Anakin "shouldn't be able to ascend into Heaven with Padme just because he did one noble act"? I disagree with that idea entirely!

Anakin finally makes the ultimate sacrifice (his life,) and brings balance to The Force as he was fated to do. I believe the end-scene of ROTJ with his spirit appearing with Yoda and Obi-wan, has always shown Anakin Skywalker to be entirely redeemed! You can even argue that thats why the film is named as it is! Also, Yoda and Obi-wan's expressions are certainly completely welcoming and are not even slightly hostile.

Anyhow, what I can't believe is that she would be shown as an elderly woman on Naboo. It would go against a lot of the story IMHO. If she's in ROTJ, it'll surely be either as a spirit or as a hologram.

5. Makavelli

Makavelli Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    PadmeBra,
    You forget so quickly that in AOTC they mention an afterlife in reference to Shmi. So basically, if Padme is dead, she is still in some sort of heaven/afterlife, and therefore Lucas can do whatever he wants spirit/vision-wise to get her into the film.

6. Disco_Dooku

Disco_Dooku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    Darth Jamus- "If Padme's family raised the kids, then they would have been easily discovered by Vader
    and the Emperor. How hard is that to understand???? Thats the first place I would look for
    the kids. Palpatine would know about them. No secret there!

Naboo is not going to get destroyed either. There is no Death Star until Episode 4. Alderaan
    is the first planet to get destroyed. Destroying planets is impossible prior to the Death Star.
    Period."

First, you are assuming that Vader and the Emperor knew Padme has kids. You wouldn't look for something that you didn't know existed.

Second, there are more ways than a Death Star to destroy a planet. Have you ever heard of orbital bombardment?

7. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Fatboy - I had the same idea as you with the hologram of Padme but i did not think of Vader to watch it in his chamber. That is a good idea.

I see how Padme can fit into the story but i find it hard to see how she will be placed into the movies

8. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    budaki.. good pic. Try putting hayden in there too. y'know?? It'll be cool :) :D Padme being inserted in ROTJ makes sense. I agree with the ppl who think that this is a good idea. Im glad i'm not the only one. :)

9. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Most people here are slagging off a new scene THAT WILL NOT BE SEEN FOR 3 OR MORE YEARS! No one has seen it! as soon as the news comes out, (mostly) everyone is saying that it is impossible for it to work.

George Lucas knows what he is doing! He knows how the droids fit in. He knows what happens to Padme! He is not making this up as he goes along! I'm not saying that it will definately work, I'm saying that you should all reserve your judgement until you see it.

Please.

10. anakinsrise

anakinsrise Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    lets see,so maybe padme never died,but hid on naboo.out of fear of the emeperor still wanting her dead?or fear of him torturing her to find out where her children where hidden? or will we see her as a ghost/spirit alongside anakin?

11. QuiGonJinn84

QuiGonJinn84 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 20, 1999
    I dont think the flashback ideas are likely.

Really its got to be the spirit idea, I understand why people are apprehensive about it - but if done right it could be wonderful. The only way I can see it working right now is to have Sebastian Shaw morph into Hayden Christensen and then have Natalie appear - them being perpetually young. Obi-Wan and Yoda look over and smile at them.

It wouldnt work if Padme appears beside the elderly Anakin, but I really think if done right it will add a lot to an already fantastic scene.

12. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    I agree, and am glad you like the pic!

13. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Quote:
    "You forget so quickly that in AOTC they mention an afterlife in reference to Shmi."

A greiving husband expressing a wild hope that his wife is in a better place and the Jedi spirit thing applying to everyone are two very separate ideas.

Assuming this rumor is even true, and that's a big assumption, what about a vision? Like Luke had on Dagobah, only in reverse. Vader having a vision of Padme. It beats a flashback, which would look out of place in SW or a hologram, which would require an awkward re-shooting of parts of ROTJ and would mess with Luke and Leia's conversation.

14. TK414

TK414 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Nothing sounds good really.

Having Vader look at her as a hologram seems the best idea.

Other than that, Force Ghost at the end or being released from prison.

What galls me is the rumor I heard on AICN.com that JAR(F'N)-JAR would be inserted into "A New Hope" for the DVD.

BLood pressure rising...Must... control.. fist of death....

15. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Why don't we wait and see what it looks like before we make any judgment.

16. skippy35000

skippy35000 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    if it turns out padme will be a ghost at the end of ROTJ, then why don't we see any non-jedi as ghosts before? i'm not saying this theory is entirely impossible, but why would lucas wait until the very end of the saga to show a non-jedi ghost? it makes no sense.

also, putting hayden's anakin in the end of ROTJ is also a bad idea. anakin died as a middle-aged man, not a teenager. why would his ghost be a different age? you don't see a young yoda or a young obi-wan, so why would we see a hayden anakin? hell, if we're not going to go with sebestian shaw, we might as well go with jake lloyd.

17. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    This is a discussion board, RamRed. We're allowed to give our opinions.

18. Lord_Darkseid

Lord_Darkseid Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2001
    WAIT ... WAIT ... WAIT!

I know I'm late, but ...

Lucas never-NEVER-EEEEEEEVER said Yoda taught Obi-Wan how to disappear and that was a Jedi trait. Ridiculous.

He did say that he would address the disappearing thing in Episode II. I didn't see that -- but if it was covered it must be related to Qui-Gons yell and Anakin's remark that someday he would stop people from dying.

I just had to slay that inaccurate Lucas quote.

Hit-and-run. Later

19. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    "Second, there are more ways than a Death Star to destroy a planet. Have you ever heard of orbital bombardment?"

DISCO_DOOKU, lets see what the original ANH has to say, shall we?

In reference to Alderaan's destruction:

Obi-Wan: "Destroyed by the Empire"

Han Solo: "The whole star fleet couldn't destroy the planet. It would take a thousand ships with more fire power than I........."

There is no way to destroy a planet until the Death Star. In ANH, not even the Empire is powerful enough to do this with a fleet, but only a Death Star. Grand Moff Tarkin says "fear will keep the systems in line, fear of this station!". Fear of the imperial fleet is not enough to stamp out rebellion because they know that planets cannot be destroyed.

As for Padme, I told my brother about this discussion. After hearing everyone's view on how this would bring the story arc full circle for future generations who watch these as Episode's 1-6, he agrees that it could be a great idea. Stop bashing the idea and look at this as the whole six chapter story. Maybe the ghosts do have something to do with Anakin being the Chosen One. Afterall, he does tell Padme that he will one day be powerful enough to keep people from dying!

"He did say that he would address the disappearing thing in Episode II"

LORD_DARKSEID, I believe that the disappearing issue was said to be explained in episode 3, not 2.

20. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Lucas did say that it was a skill Yoda had.

21. Lord_Darkseid

Lord_Darkseid Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2001
    No, he didn't.

Darth Jamus: I could've sworn he promised to cover this in Ep II But I feel less sure about this than I am about PAdme Bra's claims.

22. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Well, my brother just said the he doesn't remember the explanation being attached to any movie specifically. Maybe Lucas did promise to explain it, but never mentioned what movie he was planning to do it in. Maybe I just assumed it would be in three.

23. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm all for having Padme' in ther but not in spirit form at the end. I always assumed that was a Jedi thing. It would seem inconsistent to me. I hope she's worked in another way.

24. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Well I'm not going to argue about it but I read the interview.

25. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    You are right PB, it is a skill that Yosa learns, but in the book for Episode II (which is as close to an official statement on this) it says that Anakin's rage manifested the ghost of Qui Gon. Yoda senses this, but doesn't tell anyone. When the @#$% hits the fan, it is still possible for Yoda to tell Obi Wan how to manifest himself as a ghost by tapping into Anakin's emotions (or something like that however it works out). It not only explains the disappearing trick but also just how powerful Anakin is.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.