main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nordica

Discussion in 'Nordic Countries Discussion' started by Tod, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    There has been some discussion about forming one big nordic country which, courtesy of JediLynx, has been named Nordica.

So I thought we could plan this a little bit more. Like what kind of government should there be, how internal and external affairs should be handled, what kind of defense force should there be, should country be part of EU, NATO...? You know, every detail about country.

Current opinion seems to be that Nordica would include Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland. Anybody got any objections? Should perhaps Estonia be included too? Also my suggestion that capital should be Mariehamn in Ã…land has received certain approval.

So let's make one big, happy country where everybody can be happy. Maybe we could show our own politicians how a country should be administrated.

Post your ideas about Nordica!

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Hmm, I think Nordica should be neutral, but member of the EU.

I wouldn't mind taking charge of some of the foreign affairs, and the sport ministery.

3. Lilu

Lilu Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    I agree with OA. Nordica shouldn't be a part of EU, but remain neutral. That way it's easier to form an sencibal (sp?)opininon on international matters.

(That's if DK is allowed to join. I know we're stuck on Germany, but there isn't anything we can do about that. And besides, now that so much money has been spend bulding that brige, we might as well put it to good use. :D )

4. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    I saw a great documentary the other night about building a bridge from Spain to Morrocco (sp?) and they used the Sweden to Denmark bridge as an example. Really massive cabling!

BTW you were close! Sensible.

It's been a while since I used Norwegian around here.

Ha det,

--Joey

5. Karoline

Karoline Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2001
    The government should consist of politicians representing each country.

EDIT: And it should WORK ;)

6. Mhirth

Mhirth Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2000
    What about a monarchy and colours of the flag ?

7. Lilu

Mar 15, 2000
    Our royal families are all related as it is, so I guess we'll just have to vote about who shall be the head of the one big family.

As for flag and colours. Why don't we use all of them? Red, white, blue and yellow put together. Different designs can be submitted and then there can be yet another vote among the people.

8. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    "Our royal families are all related as it is, so I guess we'll just have to vote about who shall be the head of the one big family"

We shouldn't have any, let Finland lead the way!

9. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    What if we marry Viktoria with one of the Norwegian or Danish princes?

10. Karoline

Karoline Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2001
    Sorry, there's only one Norwegian Prince and he's occupied. King Harald should rule us all!

11. Lilu

Mar 15, 2000
    Our crown-prince is still unmarried, if not single. I think him and Viktoria would be cute together. - Even if they are cousins.

12. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    That was never a problem some hundred years ago, and they can't be first cousins, aren't their parents cousins, so then they should be second cousins.

13. JediLynx

JediLynx Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 2, 2000
    According to Swedish law, you can marry you cousin. No problem! :D

14. Lilu

Mar 15, 2000
    Second cousins are still cousins. But since there hasb't been much "inbreading" in the family lately, I don't think it will be a problem.

Don't want anymore "Mad-kings" like when all the future queens were English princesses.

15. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Like Erk said Nordica shouldn't have any royal family. Or maybe if king Väinö I has any descendants we could make one of them as king. You know about Väinö I, I hope? He was Friedrich Karl, the prince of Hessen. He was chosen in 9.10.1918 as king of Finland but because of German's defeat in WW1 he chose to give up the title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.