main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nordics are set to have their brains toasted in the future...

Discussion in 'Nordic Countries Discussion' started by Galactic_Emperor, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galactic_Emperor

Galactic_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    I mean with the use of telemobiles so intense, starting with ages as young as 8, and spending average 1000 euros per year in phone bills, the risks of brain damage (brain aging, brain cancer) in the future (specially next generation) are huge. What do you nordics make of that ???

2. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Hmph, I've got my 6210 for two years (my first cell-phone), and my average phone bill for two months is about 20?'s
    and 2/3s of it is simply the mothly 7?... And most of my bill comes from text messages.
    I don't believe in cancer. I refuse.

3. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Atta way, don't believe this "cancer" myth :p

Seriously, would you say the reason you all are cell phone crazy is probably because two of the largest cell phone companies are in Sweden and Finland?

--Joey

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I definetly think that's one reason. I don't know if we are that much crazier than other countries though, on the other hand I hardly use my mobile, and I would probably never have bought one, I got mine as a graduation gift.

5. Joey7F

Apr 18, 2000
    Sweden Norway Finland and Japan are the most connected countries in the world, cellular-wise.

In information technology (though I do not know what metric they use to determine this), Norway and Finland bumped the United States out of 2nd place. (We are secretly planning our revenge, don't you worry!)

For being such small countries you've done pretty damn well for yourselves :p

--Joey

6. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Maybe small on the map, but gigantic in the Biz! :p
    I rely on Finnish technology (Nokia 6210), how 'bout the rest of you?

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'm a traitor and use Nokia too. ;) An old 3210, but it's good enough for me.

8. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I've got an Ericsson R600, that I got for Christmas. I don't use it very much, actually.
    And about the cancer warnings... nah, I don't really believe them. Every day the newspapers seem to warn you about something new that's so horribly dangerous, and then a year later it's like "nah, it wasn't as dangerous as we thought".
    You can't go around worrying too much, I prefer to enjoy life instead. Heck, life is dangerous! And it's 100% lethal... ;)

9. Swedish_Sith

Swedish_Sith Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2002
    I´m going to be the patriot here... ;) (sort of anyway)

I use the SonyEricsson T300, and I think it´s a really great cell-phone. Here we have Ericsson´s great quality and all their technological features combined with great Sony design. I strongly recomend this phone. (It´s pretty cheap too. Collect about 200 USD and it´s yours.)

Concerning this "cellphones-gives-you-cancer-problem", I must say that I don´t care that much about it. I don´t use my cell-phone very much, and when I do, it´s probably just a text-message. Besides, there are other things you could do if you´d like to escape cancer. Stop drinking Mountain Dew... ;)

10. Karoline

Karoline Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2001
    Don't mess with the 3210. I've had mine for three years, although I have put it through endless accidents (dropping it on the pavement, spilling coke on it, the list goes on and on), it's still attending in its faithful service :) It's very scratched, though.

11. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    I wanted to buy the 3310, but there wasn't any, so I had to take the 6210 with it's 56K modems, infralinks, waps and stuff I never use. But I like it. I have a cool name plate in it: Dark Jedi :D
    I don't remember how much I paid for it. Could've been 2500 FiM (~400 ?), but I'm not sure 'bout that.

12. Joey7F

Apr 18, 2000
    You can't go around worrying too much, I prefer to enjoy life instead. Heck, life is dangerous! And it's 100% lethal...

Enji: exceptionally well put! Can I make that my signature?

--Joey

13. Enji

May 14, 2002
    Sure sure... :D

Hmm, I think I read it like this somewhere:

"Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% fatality rate"

Or something. Whatever.

14. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
  15. Swedish_Sith

Swedish_Sith Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2002
    Enji, if there´s something that you want to talk about... tell us. We´re here for you! ;)

(hehe, the urge to write something like that got too strong)

16. Enji

May 14, 2002
    *keeps very quiet*

How is it that everyone always misunderstands what I write??? It's very unfair.

Maybe I should just stop posting here. At least then I won't be able to say any stupid things...

:p

17. Rogue_Fan

Rogue_Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    No Enji, please don't stop writing. We wouldn't like it if you just dissapeared. :D

18. Enji

May 14, 2002
    No, then you wouldn't have anyone to poke fun at or quote when you want a laugh... :p

*mutters something about the fact that a tow cable is a kind of string*

Anyway, I don't think I ever could leave this insane asylym. Love you guys, even though you're completely insane... [face_love]

19. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Insane? In-sane? Inside something that is sane?

Btw, I have a self-made Star Wars-style startup logo: Imperial sign and a text "serve the Emperor"
    Cool!
    And two 'Wars ring tones: Imperial March and self-made (my friend made it) Cantina song. They're cool, too.
    :D

20. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I am one of the few people who totally refuse to use a cell phone. Not just because of the radiation (the effects we know nothing about), but also because I just don't want to be reached anytime and anywhere.
    I may get myself a 3G phone once the technology and the pricing is mature, the handset is shaped so that I don't have to speak into my own ear, and I can get it to RIIINNNGGG on incoming calls. :D

21. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "once the technology and the pricing is mature"
    don't hold your breath... ;)

"I just don't want to be reached anytime and anywhere"
    Neither do I - I can shut it down when I want to. But on the other hand, I don't need to: no one ever calls me. So what am I doing with my phone? Absolutely nothing.

22. JediLynx

JediLynx Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 2, 2000
    Whoa, I'm out of it for a while and suddenly there's a thread here about fried brains? [face_shocked]

Alright! Bring on the aliens with ray guns and laser beams! :D

Uuum.. yeah.

I have an Ericsson T65 that I am very happy with. I am certain that all the radiation is bad for you somehow, but I don't worry too much. As Enji wrote, pretty much everything in life is dangerous, you can get killed walking across your kitchen floor if you slip and hit your head on a chair.

For me, it is more important to be able to reach people than to be reached myself. And by that I mean the possibility to call for a taxi or ambulance as well as calling my parents to tell them that the train is late and that they don't need to pick me up at the station.

Oh, and sending weird messages such as 8//=/\-, to my friends when they least expect it. :p

EDIT: Sweden is also the country that has most broadband users per citizen in the world. :)

23. Enji

May 14, 2002
    [face_shocked]

Lynx, are you sure that smiley is really... JC-friendly? Maybe I should tell Obi Anne... [face_mischief]

On the other hand, this is FFNC. The one place on the JC board where anarchy rules... and we love it! :D

24. JediLynx

JediLynx Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 2, 2000
    Hey, it's all in your mind, dear Enji. :p

25. Joey7F

Apr 18, 2000
    I agree with Jedi Lynx on this. No one has a dirtier mind than I do, and I don't see anything!

:p

--Joey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.