main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Normal Barbie

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yoda's_Roomate, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Okay wait, seriously, this isn't even a licensed Mattel product? Now I'm even more confused as to why someone would be up in arms about this.

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

TOM THERE WAS A GUY CALLED FISTO I WISH I WAS MAKING THIS UP.

[​IMG]

His power?

Fisting.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    why is this thread?

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Is anyone up in arms?

Up in arms is such a silly phrase.

6. slidewhistle

slidewhistle Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 24, 2015
    I think Man-Up-In-Arms was one of them He-Man figures too

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

9. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Barbies taught me how to murder and dismember things. They did not cause body dismorphia. I do not see any issue with either doll except one is less fantastical/cartoony in appearance and therefore less appealing to me. Because dolls are for make believe after all. Common sense.

10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Did a grown man seriously start a thread to complain about the design of a toy targeted at little girls?

EDIT: Apparently this point has already been thoroughly raised. As I ought to have expected.

Hail lexu.

11. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i still regularly play with stretch armstrong.

well, that's the name i've given it anyway

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

There was also Jitsu.

[​IMG]

And Clawful.

[​IMG]

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

That's the original Teela action figure.

15. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    What is being shown with these MOTU pics? I love them, don't getta me wrongo, but what is the point being made?

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Ender was making a joke and I was pointing out that Fisto wasn't the only one with a large hand. And speaking of Teela, not to mention Evil-Lyn, had weird body proportions. Long legs and a large butt, but they also had a tiny waist and torso.

17. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Okay, thanks. Teela certainly has huge thighs, but actually she has next to no butt at all, and her waist -- while athletically slim -- is no match for Barbie's absurd hourglass intestine-cruncher. Just sayin'.

Also, my custom Teela looks better with that dumb cobra-hood removed.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah um you kinda completely misread the situation in aspie-like fashion. Just saying; there was 0% need for any other He Man figs to be posted.

19. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    You know, I didn't wade through the whole dang thread but I was stick figure most of my life and didn't get a lot of dates. Fortunately I met MrVos (a chubofobe if I ever saw one) who liked my stick figure. I thought no one was interested because I had no curves =(

20. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Which is the reality. If you're thin, no one finds you attractive because CURVES OMG and if you have curves, you're a fat **** and no one will ever love you. There is really no winning. It's kind of just the same as anything appearance wise, blondes vs brunettes, skin color, height, anything. People are so fixed on what's correct vs. incorrect that they can't get over the fact that everything comes on an individual basis and beauty comes in varieties. Everything is right and the only wrong is unhealthiness.

21. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    True. And the idea that there is such a thing as "absolute perfection"--what is "right"--is so strong and oppressive nowadays that it can send even 12-year-old kids into a spiralling depression. The stress is enormous: you have to have perfect teeth, perfect skin, the perfect figure, you have to do well in school, you have to be popular and have many friends, and so forth. If I wasn't slightly drunk I could expand on this topic, but this is the gist of it: and it's a serious thing.

22. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Nice to see the first post says just what I've said in response to the annual "realistic Barbie" news stories. I never felt a need to "identify with" action figures; I've never been one to look at a hero as a hero. Luke, Han, whomever were just part of the cast. If anything, MTV was more responsible for my image perception. I wasn't going to look like members of Duran Duran or Rick Springfield or whomever.
    There are a lot of toys that are not exact representations of people, often like the cartoons on which they are based. Why can't Barbie be perceived the same way, as is, and has to be seen by some as a role model?

23. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Bobatron, the time has come for you to explain your icon. What is it--a stained glass window reflected in Boba Fett's helmet? That's what I'm seeing. Did you make it yourself?

24. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    "Fisto" was my nickname in college

25. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

No, it "Fausto" and you know it.

solojones and DarthTunick like this.