main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Normal Barbie

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yoda's_Roomate, Sep 23, 2015.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Actually, that is a better argument, since you didn't use the term "PC police."

2. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    "Whoo! Whoo! You hear that? That's the sound of the 21st century pulling you over, bro!"

And all those He-Man pics just reminded me of how lazy those old molds were. Every guy and gal has the same damn torso!

3. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000

My point exactly. Look, this isn't an end of the world issue, but it just irks me that political correctness has gone so overboard that now there seems to be no place for anything other than "as close to real as it gets", and even worse, if you don't go that way, people either directly accuse you or at least insinuate you are being prejudiced, or a bully, or just something mean-spirited.

Pretty soon comedy will end. You will not be able to make a joke about anything because it always offends someone, because these days everything has to be taken so seriously.

I very seriously doubt that these Barbies are a result of moving in a direction where the doll would be more profitable. Its more than likely a result of people who have nothing to do but complain about everything complaining about how a Barbie doesn't look real. Well damn, if that's your crusade then start by asking the networks to take cartoons off the air right now.

Why this thread? Why not? We're just talking about stuff. I mean for God's sake there's a thread about the last thing you put in your mouth. Why that one? Why any of these threads? And by the way the last thing I put in my mouth was

[​IMG]

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm sorry you have to live in a time when it is no longer acceptable to make jokes about fat chicks, chicks with big ***s, "homos", [insert any racist term here], etc.

I'm sorry if you feel that comedy could not exist if society recognizes the importance of those who are not white, male and heterosexual.

I am, of course, sorry that you are not only being forced to purchase a plastic doll, you are apparently being forced to purchase one that does not wear a DD top and have the doll equivalent of a 20-inch waist.

I'm sure that in a few years, Doc Brown will have that flux capacitor up and running, and 1955 will only be a few seconds away at 88 mph.

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

Why are you so ****ing angry about this? It's a doll for kids. This doesn't affect you in the least bit. If a company wants to make a doll that doesn't send the message that little girls have to be stick figures with gigantic jugs, who really cares?. There's nothing wrong with variety. I mean, they're not discontinuing the original Barbie. You can still buy one of those and admire her plastic body, if that's your thing (which it appears to be, by your outlandish outraged behavior in this thread).

I mean, you talk a good line about people being offended by small stuff that doesn't matter. Why don't you read this thread again, and then take a look in the mirror.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Btw the Barbie cartoon available on Netflix is excellent.

7. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I understood the appeal for Barbie when I was a little kid. However, I collect dolls of Elsa, Anna, Mulan, Scarlett O'Hara, and Belle nowadays. ;)

8. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm still confused by an adult dude telling me what little girls are influenced by and what they aren't and what's okay for them to play with and what's "too PC". Dude, you realize the things that affect little girls images and their role models aren't toys? Right? It's your immediate surroundings, your friends, your family, your school. The real world is what does that, not imaginary plastic toys.

As far as PC humor goes, it's context. You can make all the crude jokes you want about everything, you just need to put it in the right context. Un-PC jokes have existed since the beginning of time, even Shakespeare is full of that crap. It's fine. Just present yourself in a way like South Park or Amy Schumer or something like that, and not in an inappropriate setting. When it's *clearly* a joke and not a direct jab at someone.

9. Natasi

Natasi Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2008
    I want that sandwich.

harpua likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So if I get this straight, this thread is basically some dude crying about the newest model of a popular toy brand?

11. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Let's also remind ourselves that this new doll isn't even a Mattel product. So, there's literally no reason to take issue with this.

12. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

You escaped, why would you come back to this hellhole.

Natasi likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Then why has this thread reached 4 pages already?

14. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Because He-Man toys are cool.

darth-sinister likes this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
  17. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    What? No HEYEYEYEAH video?

18. Natasi

Natasi Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2008
    I heard there were sandwiches.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  19. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    [face_plain]

20. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
  21. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
  23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    WHY THE **** DOES EVERYONE KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT HE-MAN!?!?

24. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I sure as hell don't. :p

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    By definition, the doll on the right is the "normal" Barbie doll. :p