main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Star Wars Norrington's costume (From POTC)

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by NeitiNorrington, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeitiNorrington

NeitiNorrington Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2005
    Hello everybody!

Did anyone of you made Norrighton's costume from Pirates of the Caribbean-movie? Or do you know someone who is made it?

Thank you!

2. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    Try Google.fi or go to padawansguide.com and there click other movie costumes.
    Marmida

3. TheJedisCloset

TheJedisCloset Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2005
    Hi,
    I belong to this group and you may find some helpful info here. Good luck!
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/potccostuming/
    Christi

4. NeitiNorrington

Mar 3, 2005
    Okay, thanks to you both :)!

5. Aure

Aure Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2004
    Hullo NeitiNorrington!

Suomesta? Siistiä :)

For pattern I would higly recommend a book by Norah Waugh:The Cut of Men's Clothes 1600-1900.

The book also contains some extremely usefull tips for making the 18th and 19th century garments.

6. NeitiNorrington

Mar 3, 2005
    Jep, Suomesta. Mukava nähä muitaki suomalaisii faneja :).

Okay, thank you very much! I just ordered it from library ;). It looks very good and I'm sure it helps me a lot.

7. Aure

Jun 30, 2004
    Nice. I am sure the book will be helpful. I used it when I made my men's rococo costume. If you have anything to ask, I am willing to help. Making an 18th century coat and brechees is actually quite tricky.

Btw, from what part of Finland are you from?

8. NeitiNorrington

Mar 3, 2005
    Okay, I'm sure I have to ask, but I think I ask in Finnish then :), it's quite difficult to ask in English.

I'm from Helsinki. Where are you from? Are you waiting for SW III?

9. Aure

Jun 30, 2004
    From Helsinki :D

Definitely waiting for SW3. I am just making Padme's packing dress from Episode 2 for the premiere. Hurts even to think about how much it will cost.

And you can send me email or PM me. My email adress in on my user information page. I think it is easier for me too to expalin in Finnish.

10. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    I´m finnish too! From JKL.
    I´m gonna be dressed as a Jedi in Epppie 3 premiere. Costume is ready 'cause I used it at Penkkarit :D
    Did that "link" help?
    Marmida

11. NeitiNorrington

Mar 3, 2005
    OMG! Padmé's packing dress! I think it gown it's just gorgeous!!! I like it very much!

Okay, I will send you mail or PM if I had problems (I'm sure I have got ;) ). Yeah, and it's easier to me to understand in Finnish :).

12. NeitiNorrington

Mar 3, 2005
    That's nice to hear, Marmida! I remembered you from the Finland's message board :). I have always hoped that I get/do Jedi robes and so on, but I'm too lazy for it... :) Only one costume at time, I made my Vanhojen tanssi-gown just before skiing holiday :). And I danced on Thursday and Friday, so I got it finish on Wednesday evening... So you can see how lazy I am :).

Actually no, because they weren't Norrington's costume, but there were Elizabeth's costume which I make when I have got time :).

What costumes have you done Marmida and Aure?

13. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    I had 'Wanhat tanssit' last year. Mom made the dress but I designed it (or modified from ready patterns ;) ) Sleeves were very SW like and fabrick reminded me of Amidalas Ep. 1 throne room gown and senate gown (the red ones).
    And jedi tunicks I made with mom. She made the upper tunick, I made the tabards and obi and belt. Undertunick I changed to a poolo shirt because of the freezing winter.
    And OMG indeed Aure! That dress is so pretty indeed!
    I would like to do that blue costume Padmé wore on Tatoiine in ep2 after Shmis death. Or Ep 1 battle dress as Sabé or Padmé version. I just have too short hair :( Or then that orange Handmaiden gown.
    But I´ve done many SW cloyhes to my old Barbies. The last was that Packing gown to a Barbie and I sent a pic of it to Padawansguide. Now I just wait.
    I partly hope I don´t get to university but to Ammattikoulu and to the Vaatetusala. Good number 2 for my artist dreams :D
    But this was a very off topic post... :p
    Sorry!
    Marmida

14. NeitiNorrington

Mar 3, 2005
    Okay :). I would like to do Padmé's costume before Anakin leaves to find his mother, but it's too hard for me. I made Padmé's battle gown in EpI, but it isn't ready yet.

You must to tell me when your Barbie's packing costume is on Padawansguide! I'd like to see it :)!

15. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    You bet I will! :p
    Marmida

16. Aure

Jun 30, 2004
    LOL Marmida! I was dressed as a rebel pilot at penkkarit just few weeks ago :) Only that I had only the orange overalls with rebel symbol painted on the back. If you are from Helsinki, I am really disappointed that I didn't see you.

My 'Wanhat tanssit' costume from last year was this gorgeous 14th century gown that I made myself. I started after christmas, but still it was not ready until the night before... This tells something about my lazyness too.

Other costumes I have made have mainly been different kind of medieval gowns, but I just finished about month ago my men's rococo costume which I made for our school's Halloween masquerade (and used it though it was not quite ready).

And I am also pondering between university and vocational school (dressmaking). Thoug I think I wouldn't want just to shorten trouser legs and sew zippers in palce as an occupation. So it would be more like some kind of non-academic holiday for me, before the real studies in university :D

And I definitely want to see your Barbie version of my future costume Marmida.

But aaaanyway, since this has been so off topic post, NeitiNorrington, when you start doing Elizabeth's costume be sure to leaf through Norah Waugh'n othe book, The Cut of Woman's Clothes 1600-1930 and Janet Arnold's Pattern of Fashion books. They can be found from Museovirasto's library.

Btw. I just love our "Finglish" :D

17. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    I´m from Jyväskylä.
    But the pic can be found from 'Pilvari' under Jedi/Sith kaavut in that collecting and costuming area. Poster of the message is Marya Kenobi (Me in Pilvikaupunki.net).
    Offtopic again. Sorry.
    Marmida

18. NeitiNorrington

Mar 3, 2005
    I don't know yet, I have to find time, but I have started to do it already, but it's just something pics what I have drew to imagine how the costume looks like. I ordered Noah Waugh's book from library and I got it couple days ago...

Yeah, I know, our "Finglish" is wondeful :).

19. NeitiNorrington

Mar 3, 2005
    I went to look your costume! It's very good! I don't know how real is my costumes which I made, but your costume is wonderful! Truly!

20. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    [face_blush] :D I´m flattered.
    Marmida

21. Aure

Jun 30, 2004
    Marmida your jedi costume is fonderfull! Great job!

Here and here are two pictures from our "penkkarit". My friends and I painted that Star Wars banner, and you can guess how dissapointed we were, when we heard, that it could not be put on the side of our truck.

22. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Those picks were great. :D Nice U liked the costume too. Reaali and English done. Still Äikkä 2 to go. I´m FREE!

23. NeitiNorrington

Mar 3, 2005
    I'm sure you were disappointed, Aure. I like them very much :).

Marmida, I have got 1 year still left... What have you written before?

24. Aure

Jun 30, 2004
    Whee! Gratters for your freedom Marmida. I hope your matriculation exams went (and will go) fine, despite of those absurd materials of mother tongue. I am prolonging my studies, so I will graduate next year, but my exams of Swedish is next Wednesday. And latin on the following week. I should be reading just now...

And NeitiNorrington, enjoy of your different freedom, while you can. No matriculation exam worries for you just jet.

25. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    I wrote sweden and short maths at fall. Maths M and Sweden C. I was glad.
    Now is Äikkä2 done too. And I have to do my Art diplom done. That is the funniest part of Lukio. :D
    And NNorrington. Enjoy your 'freetime' now while you can. Next year will be a nightmare!
    Mine was. But I´m still alive...

Marmida

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.