main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV North Dakota, Fan Forces, and RPG shops...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    So as we are driving around, I notice a store called 'Force of Habit' that sells dice, RPG stuff, miniatures, etc.

My kind of store! Plus it makes me miss the game that will be going on tonight. I go in, and there are North Dakota geeks in the back playing Magic the card game. Where are the Star Wars/Modern/Mutants&Mastermind Geeks??? After I saw the store, I thought how cool it would be if I could get in on a game while I was here...

So I go back to the hotel room, and try to look up a Fan Force in Minot. Nothing. In fact, nothing in the whole state of North Dakota, or 'NoDak' as one local called it.

Ah well. At least my hotel is attached to a mall and water park, and there's a B.Dalton there where I bought the new Star Wars book "Cestus Deception".

What is really nice here is that it is not a transient town like Vegas is. People who live here live here for a long time usually, and that creates kind of a neat community dynamic for a town with a population of around 33,000 people or so.

What is not so nice here are the bloodsuckers that come out at night. Evil, evil things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.