main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEast Northeast FanForce - Fantasy Football league

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Closson_Chris

Closson_Chris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    Hey sorry guys. I didn't know it would change the date. But at least we have an even number of teams eh?

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The only reason that I picked September 8th at 8:30pm was because it was the first-available date that offered a time later than 4:00pm, all other days before the 7th only offered times between 12am and 4pm. I would rather do it before the 7th as well but most people don't even get out of work before 4pm, never mind by the time they can get home, so that complicates things.

Doing the draft on Monday the 4th sound like a good idea to me. We can do it in the morning before everyone leaves to go to any cookouts or whatever else you might be doing that day. I can't get in to Yahoo sports from work but when I get home tonight I'll put together a list of days/times and post them here for all to see. Then we can decide from there.

3. Jedi_Twilight

Jedi_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    I went ahead and joined up at the last minute I hope that wasnt a problem. The 4th is not a good say for me well the morning isnt anyway. I still have to go to work. The 3rd is tho.

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    No that's not a problem. It's great that we have all of these teams in the league but now we are up to 13 and need 1 more team to be able to hold a live draft. So if anyone knows someone that wants to play let them know and then let me know ao I can try to close the league and prevent this from happening again.

I realize that a morning draft on the 4th might not work for everyone but at this point we probably won't be able to pick a day AND time that will work out for everybody before the regular season opens on the 7th.

I'm doing my best to keep everyone up to speed by posting info both here and on the league page. If anyone has any questions that I'm not answering please let me know.

5. Closson_Chris

May 25, 2006
    So are we goig to do it the morning of Labor Day because that would be better than Friday because I have school then.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Even though we haven't heard from everyone on this idea yet the majority of those who have vioced their opinion seem to agree that holding the draft Monday morning is a good idea.

I'll post this on the league page too:
    I'm going to go ahead and change the day/time to Monday morning (somewhere between 9-10:00am) tonight. Unless more people speak up with some feedback count on the Live draft taking place then.

7. geauxjam1

geauxjam1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2006
    That Monday morning works for me.

8. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    that morning would work for me as well. Give me a chance to debate on whether or not I will work that day. lol

o btw I deleted my team and signed back up. I didn't realize yahell only allows for a person to be in 4 football leagues under one id. I am in a money league and had to use my regular id so I am under a new one for this one. Thank god we didn't draft yet or I would have been screwed. lol

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    ***The draft day/time has been changed!!!!!***

I've changed the draft to Monday, September 4th, at 10:00am. This seems to be the most favored option from everyone who has put their input into this situation. If for some reason anyone can't make it to the draft just make sure that you pre-rank players so that the autopick feature will set up your team in your absence.

One last thing... I realize that we're still at an odd number of teams (13). The league cap is set at 14 so if anyone knows someone who wants in get them on board. If there is still only 13 teams by Sunday night I know someone who will take that last spot, but might not be that involved with this. I will wait until then just to make sure so that if someone who will enjoy the competition wants to play they can play.

With that I just want to wish everyone the best of luck with the draft (which will be random selection) and I'm looking forward to a great season of fantasy football.

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I hope everyone is set with their teams. I thought the draft went well and it will be interesting to see how the season pans out. I've never played in a league this big before so the scoring should be pretty evenly matched. Anyway... Good Luck to everyone and I hope you all enjoy!!!

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Week 1 is just about over and it's been pretty exciting so far. I've got 3 teams and 2 of them might win tonight depending how my remaining players do. How's everyone else doing so far?

12. Closson_Chris

May 25, 2006
    I got poopy rb's

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    What's your team name and who do you have for RB's? I got myself into a bad spot with QB's. My first 2 picks were Dante Culpepper and Aaron Brooks. Brooks tanked big time thanks to a terrible O-Line and although Culpepper is doing better he's still not doing as well as I thought he would be so as insurance I picked up Kerry Collins in week 2 and he's not looking too good either, so I kinda know how you feel.

14. Closson_Chris

May 25, 2006
    My team is the Bounty-Killers.. I have Brett Favre as my back up..lol.. He is doing really good still. My RB's are Rubin Droughns and Duece Mcallister.. They are good.. but they haven't been getting very many points..

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    My brother-in-law is in the league (Pats=Dynasty) and he's having the same problem. He's got 'Cadillac' Williams and DeShaun Foster, two really good RB's, but they haven't done much this year.

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    this year has been nuts in the fantasy world and it is only the first 3 weeks. I have a couple of teams that are in the top two or three in pts yet I am in 6th place with a 1-1-1 record and an 1-2 record. In our league my QBs suck at the moment. Jake is hopefully getting back on track soon or I may have to find a new QB via the trade route. I was hoping some team would knock out Grossman so I could pick up Griese for the rest of the season but that doesn't look like it will happen. Who knows if Grossman continues to play like he did on Sunday maybe Lovie will get his head out of his butt and put in the better QB. enough about that though.

any team with Alexander and Larry Johnson seem to be hurting as well. With Alexanders injured foot that could spell doom for most teams.

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Don't remind me :oops:. I've got Alexander and if it wasn't for the fact that I've got Maroney as my backup I'd probably be screwed right now.

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have picked up Alexander's backup Morris in a lot of different leagues I think he will do alright in his place. Maybe not against Da Bears this week but who knows Chester Taylor for the Vikes had 100 yrd game I think against them last week.

19. Closson_Chris

May 25, 2006
    I can't believe I am in third place.. I'm amazing[:D]

20. Knightstorme

Knightstorme Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Thanks for a awesome season guys. You all made it very tough.

21. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Thanks to all for playing this year, it was definately a lot of fun and very challenging. I look forward to doing it again next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.