NorthEast FF Satellite Holiday Party

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by DarthWormie, Dec 17, 2007.

?

NorthEast FF Satellite Holiday Party

Poll closed Dec 21, 2007.
Yes. I'll be there 3 vote(s) 50.0%
No. I cannot make it. 3 vote(s) 50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay gang, here is the 'official thread' on the topic at hand. As I posted before, Strawbary wants Boston to host one of the Satellite Holiday parties for the Annual NorthEast Party.

There are a couple of stipulations though. It needs to be on Saturday January 12th and we need to have a web-cam available so we can link up with the main party and the other satellites. This party would also be open to other local FF's, mainly RI and NH and anyone else willing to drive to our location.

So before we get that far into setting the plans, I'd like to get a prospective head count first. Simply vote 'Yes' or 'No' above and we will go from there.

SB wants an answer ASAP, so I'm only going to leave the poll open until Friday.

Thanks.
  2. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 3
  3. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    No time has been announced yet. If I were to guess, I would say early evening. As soon as I hear I will post.
  4. rpvee Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Where would it be? What would we all do?
  5. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm on the fence, as usual. Would depend on the location and if my friend Ed is available on the 12th. But it would be nice to see some faces from the other chapters in the region, even if only "on the wire". :)
  6. McLOVIN Jedi Knight

star 1
    I voted yes I am willingto be there if we all so choose to go through with it.

I don't have a webcam but I am sure something will turn up or can be borrowed.

7. DarthIshyZ Force Ghost

star 3
    Prospective-head-count us in. That would be 3 more.
  8. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Unfortunately I can't be there. :(
  9. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't make it either, but I think it's a really cool idea.
  10. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    All that needs to be decided still. As for what we would do? Not sure, another holiday party I guess.

If this does end up happening, I don't know if I'll even be able to make it. The Patriots 1st playoff game would be that weekend, so there's a 50/50 chance that the game would be the same day as the party.
  11. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    Does someone have a copy of the Star Wars Holiday Special? Might be a fun thing to do, especially if the other FF have copies. I have one here if people want to borrow it.
  12. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Pittsburgh is having their holiday party on the same day so they were open to the idea of hosting it as well. I think they will be bringing a dish to pass and some games.

if we do this via webcam we can also have some fun activities as well for all of us to participate.

This can be at someones home or a restaruant or even the library in a conference room (those r free)

even a game of SW charades would be fun ;)

we are going to go with stickam.com for everyone to log into with their webcam.

a formal announcement hasnt been made yet since we are still trying to iron out the deetails.
    I know here in upstate NY there will be a dinner atatched to it and possible hotel accommodations. all still waiting to confirm pricing. Otherwise the date is still set ;)

as far as time goes........ we usually have these between 2 and 4 p,m to accommodate those traveling to and from.

we can do whatever everyone wants since its via webcam ..... your group can do a musical skit, costume sillyness or even just games. :) its basically the only real way to have the NE region all party on the same day. So the party can be whatever u want it to be in your host city the perk will be we can all view each others party and interact with each other that day :)

Im open to ideas and suggestions. this is a new one for us so we will all learn as we go :)

thanks in advance for everyones help and participation!
  13. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    The most attractive playoff game usually gets the late Sunday afternoon time slot, so I think we're going to be in the clear, Wormie.
  14. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    I voted a tentative yes, as Ed said he should be clear on the 12th. :D
  15. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi gang,

I just informed StrawBary that we will not be hosting a satellite party for this year's NE Holiday party. There just wasn't enough interest among the New England FF's to warrant going ahead with planning one.

Thanks for all the input.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.