main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Northeast Regional Events

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Mar 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i wanted to post this before i forget and/or it got too late. we had the pleasure and privilege of having meriwyn visit our fanforce today at our meet, and we talked a bit about some regional events that SWNYC was hoping to see through. here are the details of the 2 we discussed:

1. Battleship New Jersey

We have been in contact with the USS Battleship New Jersey located in Camden, NJ and they have expressed interest in hosting a luncheon/tour and/or a costumed event with FanForces and the 501st. This would be a gathering of area FanForces. Any interest? Here's the link:

USS Battleship New Jersey

In planning for this event, we need to get an idea of who would be interested in a luncheon/tour along with possibly using the theatre on the ship to show A New Hope The price depends on how many people we can get, so could you do me a teeny favor and whoever is interested, please ask your chapter who would also be interested in attending and let me know. Thanks!

This will be a combined FanForce/501st event and would be a costumed event.

The dates we are looking at are the weekend before Memorial Day or the first weekend in June. I'll keep you all posted

2. Northeast Triathalon

We at SWNYC were kicking around an idea of bringing the area FanForces together this summer for an "olympics" of sorts. A weekend of three "events"...bowling, laser tag and a gaming session (board games, etc.) to see what FanForce will walk away with the gold medal (prizes will be announced later)! We would like to have a committee of around 5-9 people to act as judges, made up from various FanForces.

carrie's note: as discussed at today's meet, the third event would probably be mini golf. end carrie's note :)

The bowling can be done tournament style, or we can do individual scores...whatever we agree on

Laser tag would be a team event, as would the board games.

Send your best participants from Maine to Washington DC, or wherever! ANYONE is welcome to participate! *nudges MJF* come from Cali! Come from overseas! We were thinking of a possible three-day weekend in New York, or holding it over three weekends, with one venue in Boston, one in New York and one in the Philly area. We were also thinking of inviting the 501st garrisons to participate as well. We are looking at a June/July time frame.

as details become clearer and ironed out i'll post the updated information. what does everyone think? i know i myself would be very interested to participate in either of these, hopefully both! :)

2. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I want to thank you guys for having me join you yesterday, I had alot of fun! It was great meeting you all and I hope our groups do alot more together in the future :)

Even though Sara lied and said she'd never bowled before ;) hehehe

3. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Me lie? no way. 8-}

It was all beginner's luck...honest.

EDIT: The whole regional events idea seems like it would be a lot of fun. :D

4. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    I had alot of fun at the bowling meet. Very nice to meet you also Meriwyn. Hope to see you in other events.

The triathalon event should be very kick ass.

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Memorial Day weekend may be not so good for a group event:
    a:Bad time to be travelling far from home
    b:people may want to be with family

me English good today!

6. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hm yeah dex good point. i'd vote for first weekend in june on that one (the battleship one). like i said at the meet the only weekend i can't do is july 17th (whatever weekend that falls in, i'll be in florida).

but i'm up for any excuse to wear my robes again ;)

7. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    but i'm up for any excuse to wear my robes again

A fanboy come-on dream come true...

;)

8. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I want to add in here that we have the NE regional Dinner coming up april 25th -27th at the Pittsburgh Comicon.

If anyone has any interest in going please post in the NE discussion forum ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.