Northwest Indiana

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by buzz57, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzz57 Jedi Knight

star 1
    How come there's no events happening in N.W. Indiana?
  2. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Because this is Chicago Force not NW Indiana Force.

3. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    And we do have a bi-annual paintball outing in Hobart, Indiana. That's fairly northwest.
  4. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "How come there's no events happening in N.W. Indiana?"

I think the real question is why you're asking on the Chicago Fanforce board.
  5. JediGeek Jedi Master

star 2
    Now, now people. [face_shame_on_you] :D In Buzz's defense, I believe that N.W. Indiana is indeed considered in the "Chicagoland area". And Hazmatt did point out that the paintball outings are held there.

However, I gotta say that the South Bend/Mishawaka area is definitely too far for us to travel, unless it's an overnighter.

So Buzz, how far into N.W. Indiana are we talking?
  6. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    People from NW Indiana are more than welcome to join in our events. And our city events aren't that much farther for NW Indiana folks to travel to than say for South Side Chicago folks to head to our events in the NW burbs....or for anyone in the continental United States to attend events at Jedi Jeff's House.
  7. buzz57 Jedi Knight

star 1
  8. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    hammond represent! i was born in east chicago and lived in hammond the first four years of my life...my mom's from there.

i'd recommend trying to make it out to the next city event, buzz...as i'm sure you know, chi-town ain't that bad of a haul from hammond. traffic permitting, i've done it in less than 30 minutes.

and chicago force is well worth less than thirty minutes of driving time. trust me.
  9. JediAutobot Force Ghost

star 4
    Believe me, I am putting in more than 30 minutes in travel time if I'm attending a city event.
    And of course, if you know of something cool that's happening in your area, or some awesome place to go, let us know. We are always looking for good new stuff to do.
  10. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    There are times when city folk are putting in more than 30 mins drive to an event in the city.
  11. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    There are times when it takes me up to 2 hours to drive to CF events.

Oh, that's right, it's EVERY time.
  12. JediJeff13 Jedi Master

star 4
    It never taks me that long to get to an event. :D
  13. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]I second Haz's thoughts on commute time.[/color]
  14. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah but you live in Rockford or some god awful place.
  15. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    The funny thing is, you never hear Scott, who drives in from Wisconsin, complain about commute time.

Zing.
  16. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    True true

I'm gonna complain about the commute to this year's holiday party. It took FOR-EVAR for me to get there.
  17. Dex_Luminara Jedi Knight

star 3
    Like TOTALLY For-EVAR! But strangely enough, I don't get the math. It took me over 1 hour to get there and 25 minutes to get home. I don't think I sped, but those really fast flashing lights weren't able to catch me, I lost 'em! They'll never catch me!!!

Going into the city at that time is a b!+(h, I admit! Because most events have to be drivin to during rush hour if you live far enough away. But it's always a cinch to get home. Even if you've had too much fun, but what the heck is that?!?!
  18. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Actually, I've rarely encountered bad traffic on my commutes to CF events. It's not the time of the commute that makes it unpleasant for me, it's the traffic. The last stretch on the Edens before the Christmas party, I'd complain about. :p

Most of my driving time is rather pleasant.
  19. DestinyFroste Jedi Knight

star 3
    [color=660099]I live in the boonies (literally in Boone County).

Funny thing about Scott though, we dont see him quite as often as we use to.[/color]
  20. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Sadly, this has been true the last few months.

I was frozen in carbonite for a time. Yeah, that's it.
  21. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    I bet you guys thought I was dead.But yeah driving isnt a problem for you cause you all know how,I have to have my Dad take me and must of the time he`s too tired to do it,My Mom is ****ing stupid and thinks you are all Internet Sex predators.I cannot wait til I`m able to get my driving license next year...
  22. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    drac, your mom's a lunatic.

and you can tell her i said that.
  23. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    drac, your mom's a lunatic.

and you can tell her i said that.

I wouldnt mind doing that
  24. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Drac, tell your mother that she's absolutely correct. In fact, Darth Astuart teaches "Getting to Know Your Bathing Suit Area." at his local parish.

Bosh
    "
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.