Ohio Northwest Ohio FanForce - Meeting #2 Revisited

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Tobey-Wan, Aug 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Well, since we seem to have some renewed interest in this, let's see what we can do about getting a meeting set up. Please make suggestions for a date and meeting place.

Also, is Clones still playing at Showcase Maumee?
  2. Rholynn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    UT is starting back up in three weeks and I've got a couple friends that will be back and would probably come. How about sometime in September at someplace here in Toledo. We might even get one of the hobbie shops like Mind Games or Glass City Games to let us hold it there.
  3. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    When exactly does UT start classes again? Don't they usually start in late September?

I agree that it would be a good idea to hold for a while if we can get some more people involved.
  4. son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Master

star 2
    they are at Showcase i belive. if not we could go see it at the theatres by Mars Music Media Play and Dicks.

I dunno i would love to do somtin but i just dont think there is enough interest.
  5. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Well, all we need is at least 3 people to get going. It looks like we have four as of right now. Hopefully once we get going we can attract some more members. Particularly once BG and UT get back in session we may have a larger pool of potential members.

And according to the web it's no longer showing at Showcase Maumee. What are the other choices in the area?
  6. donna Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Should we wait until September or try to get something started sooner? It might be easier to get established and hopefully along the way we will add new people.
  7. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Good point, Donna. Maybe we should see if we can get a meeting planned in the next couple of weeks and then we can do it again maybe in October or something. Most college students are a little tight on time the first couple of weeks of classes anyway from my experience.

What about the weekend of August 24th and 25th? Perhaps meet for lunch somewhere and then if anyone wants to go catch a movie or something afterwards we could.
  8. donna Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I'm free that weekend. Do we want to meet somewhere near Showcase Maumee in case we do want to catch a movie afterward? Since there will only be a few of us we can virtually meet anywhere and get a table.
  9. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Is Max & Erma's close enough! I LOVE that place!
  10. donna Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I do believe that there is one right off the express way on Dussel :)
  11. Rholynn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I can't make it that weekend with classes starting the 26th, but I'll try and stick around on the boards and bring some friends and show up to the next one.
  12. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Where do you go to school? UT or BG doesn't start that early, do they?

EDIT: I did know that's where the Max & Erma's was, I just wondered if that was close enough for consideration.
  13. Rholynn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    UT and BG both start on August 26th. I go to UT. Go Rockets!!
  14. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    So any suggestions for a time and date? So far August 24th and August 25th are the only dates offered.
  15. Rholynn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I know it's a little latter than you guys have in mind but what about September 7th or 8th?
  16. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    That would be fine with me. Just need to get a date and time where we can get the maximum number of people to attend.

Just wish AOTC was playing somewhere in Toledo!
  17. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    So who would be able to come to a meeting on September 7th or 8th? The sooner we can get this worked out, the sooner we can get it announced on theForce.net front page. Maybe we can get some others to stop by as well.

Let yourself be heard!
  18. donna Jedi Youngling

star 1
    That weekend is fine with me Tobey-Wan. I think we only need one more person to confirm and then we can have the meeting offically posted?

I do like the dinner idea, but would we be better off going to a place like Frickers or Jed's... a place where you are encouraged to stick around so we can talk?

Also, should we start thinking of an agenda or should we just use this next meeting to all get acquainted ?
  19. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Well, let's start settling on a day, time, and place then.

What about Saturday the 7th for lunch? Say around 11:30AM? I'm open to suggestions for a good place to meet since I don't know where that many places are in Toledo.
  20. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    You can have the meeting posted even if you don't know if 3 people will show up or not. If there are, then it will count, if not, then you just get to try again. When you get the details worked out let me know. Good luck! :D
  21. Rholynn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sounds good to me and I suggest Jed's. Great Food and they don't mind how long you stay. Maybe we can get the Glass City Garrison up and running after all.
  22. donna Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Jed's is great, I love their food too. Which one should we go to, the one on Reynolds or the one in Perrysburg?
  23. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Uh, I would probably prefer the one on Reynolds. That's closer to the Sam's Club and such, correct? Can't make a trip to Toledo without hitting at least one of those places.

And would Saturday or Sunday be better? I personally would prefer Saturday afternoon.
  24. donna Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Reynolds *is* closer to Airport Highway (in which Sam's is off of) but really, Perrysburg is not that far away from Airport. I am fine with either Jed's though and I think that Saturday would be the best day.
  25. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    Either Jed's would be fine with me as well. Any preference Rholynn?

So let's say Saturday, September 7th, 11:30 AM at the Jed's we decide on. So far so good?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.