main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Norwood Christmas Pageant - 25th November this year!!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Sure thing Hunky, taking the esky (the fridge connection wouldnt fit in my car! :eek: ) out and putting it in the float so that drinks can be grabbed out the back in emergency.

Truckosaurus is washed and clean now, tired, as I just completed Master Durrons robes......now I realise I have forgotten the ice in all this mess. So if anyone can grab a bag of ice to put in my esky, I will be grateful.

I was at Tykens tonight and the float is set, its a little damaged (banged up from being stored) but it just adds to its character. ;) The music is being added in the morning, yes, we have the SW music, and scenes on the barge again.

Just a side note, I know we got behind last year, and the pageant organisers were hurrying us along, and several 'Imperial members' were being forced (both physically and mentally) to move faster. I know its tough, but lets not push these guys too hard else we have fainting or worse, angry Imps on our hands. Just keep the apraised of how far behind they are, no pushing them, booting them or such....hard enough to walk in them Imp things!

BUT, Tyken has requested that someone else store the beastie over the next year, as he is doing up the side of his house where it was. If we dont find somewhere to store it, it will have to be broken down as I dont have room here with a boat already here. Tyken put alot of work into this, as those who have seen it know, so I'd rather not see it pulled apart for scrap. But he did say that if it was, he'd help construct something new next year. The other option is we find one of those 'storage' places and see if they will let us store it for a small cost and we all pitch in for the cost. Thoughts?

Anyway, The float is set, the music is set, I have 36 metres of tinsel for my car (will need help with that everyone), I have our numbers, and a receipt book for Relay money, chocolate frogs, water in the freezer, and my SAFF shirt laid out. I'm set to rock the pageant with the new look 'SITH/JEDI01' black Truckosaurus!!!!

2. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    I just realised we were in position 77. An auspicious year if you are a Star Wars fan :)

3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You know, I never thought of that......good one!!!

4. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Well spotted Meanders!

5. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Addie... I'll ask the "landlords" if its ok to put it behind the gates on the spare side of the drive... not under cover unfortunately but its the best I can (possibly) offer.
    The other part is that I dont have a towbar to bring it home.

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I could probably arrange for it to come out there, and we could buy some Tarps and cover it up, but make sure the management is in approval first. ;)

Just need someone to grab some ice for us now, please? I wont be able to pull in to a servo with the float on the back. ;) We are going to attract stares as it is! LOL

OH!! Reminder!!!

SUNSCREEN!!!!

7. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Well, pretty sure I'm all set, I will see you all nice and early tomorrow at the float.

8. obi-han-doa

obi-han-doa Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 12, 2005
    i may not be able to make it now due to no way to get there first idea has backed out.

9. Dark-Lord_Alf

Dark-Lord_Alf Beloved Member of the SA Fan Force 1979-2013 star 4

Mar 19, 2005
    There maybe a chance we can store the float ??

We have no vehicles so there is an untapped source here.

Shelter with the use of force tarps to keep the neighbours sticky beaks outta the scene.

Just a thought.....

10. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Sorry I can't come guys, I loved it so much last year and was really looking forward to it. I know I've been pulling out of so many events these few weeks, but it's only because of the traveling...my car went bye-bye a year ago, I don't have a new one yet.

And ad to that because my sister graduated last night I have a nasty hangover, meaning I've missed the last two buses to the train-station and my father and others that could take me down that are all refusing to.

Sorry 'bout this guys, it's too far away from where I am and is really is out of my hands.:(

[face_good_luck] Have fun.

11. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Had a wonderful morning everyone, but completely stuffed now!!! Thanks Addie for the ride there and back, and thanks to everyone else for the fun and company!

I got a few pictures, I'll get them online later :)

12. Dark-Lord_Alf

Mar 19, 2005
    Had a Blast guys !!!!!!

Great to see so many SAFFers

Very glad we didn't pass out from the heat !

13. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Thanks everyone. Another fantastic SAFF turnoff. Well done to Darth Hunky on debut, with support by Medic-Alf.

Well done to Tyken for getting the float back up to spec and to AD and truckosaurus for getting it there safely (and in time ;) ).

Thanks also to all the non-SAFF 501st guys and gals for coming along with us.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think this is my last costuming event until the New Year.

14. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    Oh, I nearly forgot! Meanders, thanks for the ice ;)

15. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    So now's probably not the best time to tell you about the little kid, from the float in front, who'd been sitting on it for a while before you turned up :D

16. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    Meanders-Jnr just tells me the pageant was being discussed on 91.9 Nova. Apparently someone rang in and told them what the best float was - it was us [face_blush]

17. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
  18. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    Really bummed I had to work this morning... I saw the Christies one & I'm sure it wasn't a patch on the Norwood one

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Woot!! Nova said we ROCK!!!!! LOL!!

Thanks to everyone, it was a great turn out and Im sorry for moving you guys along, the pageant organisers were pushing me, but I ended up telling them "I move faster, those guys in the armour move faster, then they pass out. You can deal with a half a dozen sick people!". They backed off then. I have a rotten headache, it was a stressful day, and being stuck on Magill road in traffic for 20 mins didnt help, idiots not changing lanes when one is closed off for floats! Channel 7 news was there, so hoping to see us at the end...you know, the good news/feel good story! Thanks Meanders for the ice, and no one bought a frog!?!? :p

Well done all round everyone, think we put in a great showing, special thanks to those in armour/helmets, you did well to stay standing guys. ;)

EDIT: Seems Channel 7 didnt think we were news worthy. :(

20. starfire-phoenix

Jan 2, 2004
    No sign of SAFF on the channel 7 news... :(

21. Darth_Meanders

May 23, 2004
    I fired off an email to Nova

[i]Hi Guys,

Heard you talking about us on air :)

The Star Wars float was a combined effort of the South Australian Fan Force (SAFF), an on-line group of Star Wars fans from around Adelaide, and the Imperial 501st, our group being part of this worldwide Star Wars costuming organisation.

We've been doing lots of costuming events around Adelaide and often in support of CancerSA, especially Daffodil Day and the Relay for Life.

We had a great day today at the pageant, despite it being a bit warm. Always fun to see the smiles on everyone's faces.

More on SAFF here
    http://www.safanforce.info/
    http://users.on.net/~witless/saff_web/past%20Events..htm

More on the local garrison of the 501st here.
    http://www.501tag.com/

Cheers

Andrew
    SAFF Chapter Representative
    [/i] [hr]

.. and got a reply ..

[hr][i]
    Hi Andrew!

Great to get your email - thanks for the info. Shame I didn't get to see
    the pageant this morning but good to hear it went well! Will keep you
    guys in mind for any Star Warsy stuff we do in the future. :)

Thanks for listening and have a great rest of your weekend!

gemma clark
    [/i]

22. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    [face_dancing] Thats great Meanders!

btw, Thanks to everyone that turned out for this, really enjoyed taking part after missing the credit union pageant 2 years running due to injury... :(

Thanks for the coke Alf!

Thanks for the lift Toddi!

Thanks to evil and JTN for being film crew, evil for actually running, and JTN for filming with his daughter under his arm, talk about multitasking! :p

Thanks to all who attended and sweated it out!

And special thanks to Addie for bringing the esky, the freddo's, the float, the truckosaurus, and ofcourse herself =D=

23. Dark-Lord_Alf

Mar 19, 2005
    Sabre...That was his Son Ryan he was holding

Tahlia and Alcia were float bound.

Yeah I do think Channel 7 didn't consider us "Highlighty Enough"

Meh

24. Darth_Hunky

Darth_Hunky Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2006
    I KNEW I should have worn a Santa hat...........

Does anyone have any photos????

Post them, PLEASE!!![face_praying]

25. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    I only got a couple of pics... & my lack of photographic skills show...

[image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/evilinski/Saff%202/IMG_0028.jpg]
    [image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/evilinski/Saff%202/IMG_0022.jpg]
    [image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/evilinski/Saff%202/IMG_0021.jpg]
    [image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/evilinski/Saff%202/IMG_0026.jpg]
    [image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/evilinski/Saff%202/IMG_0024.jpg]
    [image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/evilinski/Saff%202/IMG_0020.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.