1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:SA Norwood Christmas Pageant.....

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    The Bike Riders are going to get a serve from me, they were rude, dangerous and just plain stupid..... [face_devil]

And I agree about the heat, it was nutz. Any one else have complaints etc?

Oh, the photos are great guys! Except the one of me, OMG!! WHO IS THAT GROSS WOMAN!! Damn I hate me right now.... :( Anyway, the others are fantastic, and I adore teh 'next generation' one. [face_love]
  2. I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I cant wait to see the others :D (( HINT HINT !! ))

Had a great time, It was awsome to met the people behind the net names ;)

My only complaint is that it was too far in that heat. :(
    And the lack of St.Johns people or just first aid people.
  3. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    And the 'Custom Cycle Club' Grrrr.. [face_devil]
  4. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    Sorry I had to spend all day at Big W. Looks like fun.

That is a very nice Boba costume :)
  5. Brun-Farron Jedi Knight

star 2
    the pics look cool!

i admire the dedication you all had in doing it in such adverse conditions......hope everyone recovered ok...make sure you drink lots more water over the next few days! :)

on the subject of first aid....the council SHOULD be asked about their policy on its importance at such an event.....someone told me there were quite a few people effected

....imagine the litigation against them? not only from the participants, but the crowd as well? at the very least - a drink station? a first aid staion?

or i've noticed at some events i've been to that SA Water have had people with tanks on their backs, giving out free water....

me, i'm still hot under the collar about my Clone suit not arriving.....its been over a month and a half! i would have REALLY loved to have marched with you all in my Clone suit!!! :(

anyway....anyone else got more photos? i didnt get to see much from where i was.....

:D
  6. Motherly_Princess Jedi Knight

star 1
    The bike riders were rude and uncontrolled. I think that they should either get a warning or be banned from next years pagent.

There was no where near enough first aid available. The council should have done more to protect the pagent people.

But is there more to this than we can see on the surface. Maybe the council did organise enough first aid staff, but they were all sick or something??? I don't know!!!

Next year we will need to produce some sort of motorised transport.
  7. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    If we can get a trailer, I'm happy to have my car done up, I have a tow ball and the Jedi Numberplates, if we can get a trailer or build a float....that'd be good. ;)

I'm writing a 'harsh' letter to the pageant organisers this week, letting them know that we enjoy participating but there needs to be more said to those invovled about safety and first aid needs to be increased to cater for warmer weather.

I didn't hear any 'smart mouth' comments Nawara, but please, PM me any comments heard so I can use them as examples, teh group did have adults in it and they didn't seem to care about controlling the kids or themselves for that matter. I will be lodging a complaint about them.

I also noticed on parts of the route, the crowd (Kids) had serged forward onto the roadway, more control is needed there as we were safe enough but the audience could have been hurt by the reckless riders behind us. And if we have a 'float' next year, that is not acceptable for safety.

8. Motherly_Princess Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, there should be a blue honour line like there is in the Adelaide Christmas Pagent. Also the parents of the Kids who surged forward should have kept them controlled better, although the heat would have been getting to them as well.

I am glad that Luke is OK but it was a bit scary for you and us as well.

I was helping with an end of year breakup afterwards so spent another 5 hours out in the heat and then discovered my hubby had taken my car keys home with him.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Isaac had had enough by the half way mark. I don't know how the rest of you did it in full costume with full face helmets on.

Way to go!!!

:D :D :D
  9. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    more photos.....of a good day had by all....despite the heat and the small amount of problems experienced.....

click here
  10. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Wonderful pictures Nawara, thank you for sharing them with us........I hope to have my photos up in teh next 24 hours.... ;)
  11. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well done people :D Thank You again for coming as well...

Glad to hear Luke is ok, I survived ok i guess, i was riding my bike all week prior to get used to heat so i didnt feel too bad after...

Didnt know the bike people behind me were so close, i could have been hit from behind :(

Please do write a letter to them AD they should have put the bike guys behind a float instead!!!

Sorry to have had to run off(sort of) with first aid guy to get to Luke and not said goodbye to everybody :(

Thanks Kooky for getting my hat, Fox I have yours in the snowie....
  12. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Sorry I made you run off TK, Luke wasn't good, but recovered during the afternoon. I am annoyed there wasn't more help around...it was a hot day.
  13. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thats ok....... never walked so fast in my armour :D

and the guy was cool about it as well....
  14. I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    TK - you are a fast walker, i tryed to catch up to give you your hat back but i could keep up and i had to help MP get back to the car. So you will get your hat back soon.

Ps where did you get it, its the only X-mas hat that will actually fit around my huge fat head. :D
  15. TK1571 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well i couldnt get one to fit so i just bought a standard one and got my mum to add the extra material at the back and add an elastic band :)

now u can call me the StormieSanta :D :D
  16. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Stormie Santa? Does taht mean we have to sit on your knee and give you our wish list? Hmmmmmmm
  17. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
    Quick post before I start work......

Had a great time, but I have developed this nervous twitch every time I now hear a bicyle bell or horn :mad: Next time I'm bringing the heavy artillery :mad:

And I did hear a few obnoxious comments from the bikies A-D, nothing specific as I was concentrating on the road ahead and staying cool....

And the people obviously love the man in black!!! "Oh look, its Darth Vader". The boss won't be happy when he hears about this :D

Photos coming soon.
  18. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    same for the bike riders here, A-D....was concentrating too much on what we were doing, and tend to let those things go like water off a ducks back these days.....too much else to do in life than worry what someone else thinks of me, I'm afraid. :)

but yes, something should be said. They want to participate, they show respect to those around them. That's all there is to it. If I ever see them on the road.......grrrrrrrr..... [face_devil]

anyway....there's a cool change tomorrow!! yay!! when you don't have airconditioning at home, you just wait for those cool changes to come....and then dance in the rain. Makes life fun!!

:D

19. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
  20. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    lol about the Impression Pic :p

Problem is... lol Shield not pretty enough and armor is to clean :)

Eh there should be a law about fighting battles in 35 degree heat. No human bodie is ready for it :(

Looked fun, should of been there instead of dying horribly and rather too quickly for my liking.

21. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Phots are great DM and yes, we walked, and walked, and walked.......and walked........and then died... :p

Writing the letter today....I hope they listen to me.
  22. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    Well.. next time I'll be there.

I am a trained First Aid officer (Occupational First Aid certification) and i've got a kit that I can carry around without any problems.

Hey who knows, might be a good costume idea, a Rebel or Imperial Medic
  23. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
  24. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yes, I am really that thin and see though ;) as for the bacta tank same but not fat enough hehe

Imperials wouldn't worry about medics. Rebels would, a rebel medic... hmmm a good idea
  25. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Nice idea, could have used you Saturday, you could have carried my Luke! :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.