main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA Norwood Christmas Pageant.....

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Adalia-Durron , Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    The forms have been submitted.....so get your costumes in order people!!

2. Brun-Farron

Brun-Farron Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    sabre?

i have a stick i twirl sometimes.....does that count?

where would one get a stormtrooper outfit on the cheap? or better yet....a CLONEtrooper?

(yes, am up at an ungodly hour....as would you, with 4 dvds calling out to you in the night)

not sure i find the idea of being costumed up in height of summer.....are you all mad? (how many are there anyway? is it catching?)

(shut up Padawan Farron, and go to bed!)

(yes master)

3. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    sounds like fun! How would a twi'lek dress? Or can I get away with being a generic Jedi? What other costumes can anyone suggest? Why do I ask so many questions? :D

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Jedi are good, recognisable and popular! Twilek slave girl? Very scant! But if you make the entire outfit in blue such lycra, and then put the outfit over that...works. Did it for my daughter a few years back.

Stormies? Not cheap, ask TK and Evil. Infact anything with armour is not cheap, sorry.

How many? UM...how long is a peice of string? We usually get around 10-12 each year, and it's very popular. We did the Reynella pageant a few years back and I went last year to watch only to hear kids around me say 'where are the Star Wars people?' I had to smile, made me feel special, the kids remembered us!

So, once they allocate us a number, I will let you all know and then we will meet there on the day. K? Details for follow when I get them. ;)

5. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    Dunno that I'd do a slave girl, not all twi'leks are slaves!! (extended universe'll tell you that much) I'm not that game anyway, having slobbering old men drooling as I walk by isn't a big turn on.
    I think I'll go with the Jedi if I do make it. Is there somewhere to get into costume, or come as we are in them already? When is it, or is that on this thread already and I missed it?

6. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Don't worry N-V - I'll have my Tie Helmet on so you won't be able to see the slobbering ;)

Welcome to the boards :)

7. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    Somehow I don't think it would look that good anyway, D_M Even a tie helmet couldn't make it look good! :p

8. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Oh Nooo more Jedi :p

I will have to clone myself just to make it even [face_devil]

Now where did i put my clone vats :confused:

But seriously the more the merrier( not jedi or course but people to join us on the pageant, great fun was had by all last time, if i can walk in armour then jedi robes are a cinch)

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    It's the 27th of November.....and last year we arrived in costume as there is really no where to change unless you know someone who has a home or office in Norwood. They close most the roads to Norwood early that day so you have to get there pretty early. When I have our placing, I will let you all know. Last year we were 'Santa's Royal Guard' as such, so that was fun, we led Santa in! :D It starts at 10am I think, but when I have all details confirmed you will all know! :D

10. Brun-Farron

Brun-Farron Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    a red nose and some face paint...

attack of the clowns

....need theme music to juggle to...

....maybe a monkey..

...no, a lion....they're cool. kids love lions

....at the very least, i can stand on the sidewalk and watch YOU guys wander by........what should i look for?
    i count one stormtrooper and a possable jedi....what else?

this is cool!

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    If I loose my weight, then I will be Mara Jade...if not....I will be Jabba........but you MUST participate!! Come on, given you plenty of time to get something together! Even a heshion bag with a black stocking on your head and gold sequins for eyes! A Jawa!!

12. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    A Jawa! Now, that's funny. Imagine, if you will, a 5"6' Jawa walking down the street screaming 'hootini' at all the kids. I think I'd be laughing too much to walk.
    I'm still considering coming along as an x-wing pilot Twi'lek, but orange really isn't my colour. Maybe I'll be Aalya Secura instead - a Jedi but not a jedi. In the strangest sense of the word.
    This is all if it's not too hot on the day. Otherwise I might come as the wicked witch of the west "I'm melting, I'm melting".

13. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    lol IF i can convince someone and pay someone for the use of there wonderful sewing skills I will try and be a Dark KOTOR Jedi :)

I love there costumes, only the eyes showing *mmmmmmmm* Evil....

If I cant do that... well honestly I dunno what I can go as.

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    X Wing pilot is awesome and a Twilek even better! You can make the headpiece out of lycra stretching over your head and then add the brain tales...

We wear what we wear regardless of heat! Look at TK I've seen him sweat like buckets!! Just carry water with you, simple..

15. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    Not real sure that stretching Lycra over my head on a hot day is a real healthy thing to do A-D, I'm a little particular about that! I might try for the x-wing dude without a helmet, unless anyone knows where I can get a helmet or how to make one easily. Is there a pattern or recipe or whatever you call them to make a Jedi?

16. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Evil...... mmmmmmmmm.

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    LOL! Recipe... LOL!! Mix one part light, two parts good looking and four part stupidity......there, you have a Jedi... :p

Seriously....Simplicity put out a pattern here second row. It can be got at most Spotlights and Lincrafts....

18. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Nah, jedi... 100% stupidity.

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Now now....don't wanna offend DJ just in case he bothers to show his face at any time...... :p

20. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Which number is the pattern there AD ?

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Not the first two....first on on the second line....It won't load for me.....but it's obvious when you look at the front..you will see Jedi like robes, tunic etc...

22. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I'd say second on the third line actually (5840). They look quite good.

23. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I did find it eventually, I thought AD was high or something.

:)

Now I'm thinking about asking my fiancee to make it up for me to wear to the Ep3 release.

24. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    I'll have a look at those 'patterns' a bit closer to the date. Any ideas for what would be the best material to use to make the Jedi costume?
    Where would one find an orange jumpsuit?

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Orange Jumpsuit.....ring the MFS....see if there is a way you can buy one!!

Fabric? The costumes in the movies generally use rough wool looking fabrics but if you make yours from that you will surely die wearing it. I generally use calico or something similar (a poly/cotton if you hate to iron) and a poly/cotton for the robes, or even a poly...for the fact it's lighter, but it does keep you warm. My robe is actually velvet...so there is another option.

I don't get high...ask TK, DJ, evil or DM don't drink or do anything like that....just life gets me high! :D ;)

And I do sleep, not a vampire - but these days I don't sleep well.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.