main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Nos-kenn (vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SkalenFehl, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Title: Nos-kenn
    Author: SkalenFehl
    Genre: Vignette, Angst
    Time frame: Five thousand years beyond ROTJ
    Characters: OC's
    Summary: A brief glimpse into the distant future of the galaxy far, far away.

A lone figure covered in a simple hooded brown robe emerged from his vessel and quietly approached a hallowed landmark on a grassy knoll as part of his pilgrimage on a remote planet outlying the Yuu-ten region, what was once known five millenia previously as the Galactic Outer Rim. An electrical storm threatened the evening sky as large clouds gathered in numbers while multicolored lightning danced between them. He stopped in mid stride and raised his hooded brow.

?Cho-nak ti'dei!? hissed a horribly disfigured Chii'tek, his large toothy grin widened menacingly. The overcast firmament enabled the Dark One to move stealthily between shadows, perfect for ambushing enemies and helpless victims, and relieving them of any valuable belongings. Black symbols and jagged lines identifying his rank and clan in the form of tattoos marked his face, neck and bare torso in a frightening display. His striated muscles rippled across his pectorals and upper arms as he moved closer, gripping his weapon tightly. ?Meet your death!? spat the vicious demon as he activated his blood red lightsaber and swung downward in a glowing arc.

The robed personage obliged with a pleasant smile and spun around with his bare left hand raised, catching the point of the lightsaber blade while wrapping his right hand in a firm grip around his attacker's neck with incredible speed, causing his own hood to fall loosely on his shoulders. The Dark One's sinister leer quickly transformed into a gaping maw of surprise and terror.

?You are Jeedai!? the Dark One gasped, barely able to breathe.

Pri'tak bowed his head slightly at the reference to the Order, which he had belonged to, yet more. ?I am perfected,? he replied softly. ?I am one with the Force.? His left hand glowed, bathing in the crimson light of his attacker's lightsaber and absorbed its power. He then pushed the end of the blade with his palm slowly yet purposefully back through the emitter of the Dark One's organic hilt, effectively deactivating it.

The Dark One gazed dumbfounded at his intended victim. He wore no permanent markings and bore no disfigurements of any kind. For thousands of years countless Yuuzhan Vong had ceased self mutilation as a gesture of renouncing their ancient fictional gods. It was this planet, which Pri'tak was visiting, that adopted them before it touched them with the Force in a final act of goodwill before dying, leaving behind a shell of a world. Since then their species had become discernible by Jedi through the Force and even yielding a small percentage of Force sensitive adepts from its own population. The frightened attacker cringed. He believed this kind of Jedi was fictitious--until now. ?Spare me, Yun-Ganner!? cried the Dark One, barely audibly. His face began turning blue from lack of oxygen. He coughed. ?You are powerful as the legends say!?

?If I spare you, you would continue on your path of violence,? Pri'tak replied. ?Your kind is rampant throughout the galaxy, Chii'tek. I cannot allow that.?

?I will do anything you ask, Master! Speak it and it is done!?

Pri'tak inhaled sorrowfully at the inevitability. ?Renounce the Chii'tek and forsake your weapon.?

?Yes, yes! I renounce them!? The Dark One cried desperately and cast his lightsaber aside. He began to lose consciousness.

?Then go in peace.? Pri'tak released his grip on his adversary's neck, dropping him and turned around. ?We are finished.?

The Dark One gasped for air, coughing. He gathered his senses and sneered as he rose from his knees. ?It is you who are finished!? He lept through the air, recalling his lightsaber through the force and activated it.

Pri'tak stepped aside, allowing his attacker to fall on the ground?dead. He shook his head slowly, regretting the necessity to take life, even in self defense. Except to save a li

2. magehound

magehound Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2006
    this has serious potential. I like the idea of the Vong becoming opened back up to the Force. But I'm not sure if the reason why is going to be a good one or not.
    i like it!

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Yay Yuuzhies! I'll have to report this to Behind the Scars.

4. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Thank you, SilSolo and magehound for your kind replies. I thought it would be cool to write something short that depicts the Yuuzhan Vong in a different light. Do any NJO fans remember The Ganner? I wonder if anybody caught the reference.

5. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    who could forget the Ganner from Traitor? That had to be one of the most heroic moments i've ever read about. "None Shall Pass!"

6. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Ah, a fan! Boy, Ganner went out in a blaze of glory, didn't he? I used his legend to create the Yun-ganner in my story, in his honor. :cool:

7. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    *bump* Anybody else familiar with the Yuuzhan Vong or the Ganner?

8. magehound

Jun 4, 2006
    they probably remember them, they just aren't fans. Me? I think Ganner's last stand was one of the more elogant scenes. He died a Hero. definitely put me in mind of the Balrog and the bridge of Khazad-dum. [face_thinking]

9. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    An excellent viggie, SkalenFehl! :D You set the scene so well, and your writing was so descriptive. I loved it! =D=

10. SkalenFehl

Jan 17, 2003
    Gina: You set the scene so well, and your writing was so descriptive. I loved it!

Thank you for your kind words, Gina. Your compliments are always inspiring. :)

11. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can seriosuly say that this is best fan fic EVER written! Not even fan fic! The best story! I am seriosuly in love with this storyline after only one post.

Will you PM when you update, Big Bro?

EDIT: Oh, its a viggie! lol. nvm. Dang that was a good story line!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.