main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not All Who Wander Are Lost (a Star Wars/Lord of the Rings crossover), The Repost -- Updated 7/11 ??

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Authors have lives too, you know.

Of course I know, being a writer myself. ;) (Hey, I even disappeared from this forum without a word for a year! :eek: :p) But I'm soooo impatient to see this story continue! *sigh* Oh well.

2. Explosion__Girl

Explosion__Girl Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2004
  3. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
  4. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    teh PsychoUpper strikes again.

5. Kaia

Kaia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
    One UP from me to!

6. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
  7. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Swings Lightsaber of Uppyness

8. Kaia

Kaia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2003
  9. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I PM'd both of them, and they both said that they had lost interest.

I offered to finish the repost for Mr. P if he'd send me what they had left, but he didn't get back to me on it, and has been online since I offered, so I think this is the end.

10. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    It's dead? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I PM'd both of them, and they both said that they had lost interest.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

12. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Please tell me that this is just a very very very early April Fools joke.

:Targeter:

13. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    Please tell me that this is just a very very very early April Fool's joke
    I don't think so. That would seem incredibly cruel.

14. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    No joke unfortunately. Here are the PMs:

Right now I'm not sure. Currently I'm working on a Kibbutz in Israel, which doesn't give me the most time to use the internet. Theoretically I could do a LOT of writing while I'm here (I do have a lot of free time), but at this point, I really don't know. It's been over two years since I was REALLY into it...

--Mr. P

And here's JG's

I've largely dropped out of SW fandom(still a fan, just very abruptly dropped out here, for no reason I can identify), so it's probably going to remain where it was, unless Mr. P continues it on his own.

15. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    *pouts* That's no fair...now I just wanna go cry...
    :(

Mr. P, JG, how can you abandon your fans?

16. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    *covers ears* Not listening, I'm not listening.

Maybe if I ignore it, it'll go away and Mr. P and JG will come back and finish this.

Yes, yes I know it's unlikely. So stop spoiling my illusions, please. :(

17. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Hmm, I'm wondering whether Mr.P and JG would mind if someone else continued with this... it's such a great story and has such a huge potential... I'm sure that they had it planned, or at least outlined the idea where to take the story. If they could share it with us, and if they were willing to pass it to someone else, I'm sure someone would agree to continue with it.

I'm just saying it would be a waste of a great story if it just dropped dead.

18. Knight_Dilettante

Knight_Dilettante Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2002
    I have to say I am not surprised to learn this. They have been gone for quite some time. And, I seem to recall that this is about where they got to last time they were posting it isn't it?

I'm very sorry that they haven't time enough or inclination enough now to finish up although changes in real life and interests are perfectly understandable. I do agree that it would be lovely if someone would step up to the plate, as it were, and take on finishing the story. Perhaps someone (not me, someone else) would take on the task of asking how they feel about that option?

I am willing to try to help with the writing and with staying within the spirit of the characters as Mr. P and JediGaladriel envisioned them if they are willing to provide any notes or guidance and are willing to have other hands take on the work.

If not I guess we'll all just have to finish it in our own minds how we think it might have gone.

Or perhaps they would be willing to make one last post telling us where they had envisioned the story going to satisfy that burning desire to know what happens to everyone.

KD

19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I saw this coming ever since the regular posts ceased altogether in December. I didn't think it'd merely be due to winter break or whatever because in this day and age, if you need to connect to the 'net, you'll find a way.

Well, this sucks. This utterly blows. This was one of the few fan fics I had actually bookmarked on my browser and it didn't even get to cover half of TTT. I'd probably entertain the idea of tackling it, but I don't think I'd care to follow the book itself as the previous authors did (mainly because I misplaced the bloody thing and do not know it by heart, whereas I have the movies at my beck and call).

Well, here's to another fan fic that goes down in flames.

*does a truncated 21-gun salute*

20. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    as much i i enjoyed it while it lasted, for me it had just started going downhill anyway :(

I dont see Anakin as being able to play a great part with Frodo and Sam, i think he should have stayed with Obi-Wan since he was going to train him, the only real thing Frodo and Sam did that i found that intresting was Shelob and the Smegol conversations.

I understand how they probobly would have found it hard to fit Ani into helms deep, but by that time Obi would have been able to train him enough to hold his own.

as much as i love Ani and Obi i find their characterazations in episode 1 werent strong enough to hold their own without Qui-gon and Padme (no matter how wooden her acting)

In there ep1 incarnations i find that if both Ani and Obi were the main characters it would be great, but to me they felt like backgrounf characters, like Qui-Gon was the main lead.

It was refreshing to see these characters in their younger incarantions playing the leads, while it lasted.

I have to say i like Obi and Ani's characters in episode two more, just for the fact that they seem more in corntrol, more central tha they did in ep1, plus i was looking forwards to kick-butt-jedi Anakin lol

*gets insperation to write a Episode 2 cross over with LOTR* yay! *goes to start writing*

I say go ahead and try and continue this :) but anychance of changing the Ani going with Frodo?

Though from the story they probobly never planned on getting the SW guys off the planet :/

21. Lucky_Hobbit_Padawan

Lucky_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Master

Mar 16, 2004
    Hmmm. Someone told me when I first began coming to this site that the most annoying thing was unfinished stories. I didn't understand - I'd never come across one. Now I have. And I agree with my friend's sentiment. If the authors had lost interest in it I wish they hadn't begun reposting it. I was really hoping for a continuation.

Perhaps we can decide what few scenes we wanted to see most, and then beg and plead through PM's and emails until they agree to do them. [face_mischief]

22. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Uppers!!!!!!!

Yub Yub!

23. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Man this blows. This was the BEST LOTR crossover I had seen, and it went on the longtest.

ah well, might as well mess with other readers.

[i]Hobbits are *not* related to leprechauns, mind you.
    We're cuter. And hungrier.
    Don't pinch[/i]

*pinches*

24. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    I'll up this for the heck of it., bored nothing better to do.

25. Lucky_Hobbit_Padawan

Lucky_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Master

Mar 16, 2004
    Hey!

*pinches back*

Hmmm. I warned people, didn't I? [face_mischief]

*grabs hobbit-sized mug and clobbers*

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.