main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not All Who Wander Are Lost (a Star Wars/Lord of the Rings crossover), The Repost -- Updated 7/11 ??

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    /Keeps pinching

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I sincerly hope no one takes offense by this..

In truth, I do not think anyone should try to contiue this story. As much as I love it, and no matter who writes it, it would never be as high quality as it was with our previous authors. I am not saying this to offend any authors here, but it has always been my experience on these boards that whenever someone takes over a story, it goes downhill. I think it would be prudent if we left the story as it was... on a high note.

It greatly saddens me to think that JG or Mr. P would stop writing this story, but I, in earnest, understand if they did not want to. So rather than be upset that they will not continue, I will merely raise my glass and thank the both of them for such a wonderful story that I have enjoyed over the many years of my existance here at the JC.

*Raises glass* Hannon le, mellon nîn.

3. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Agreed. It just wouldn't be the same.

4. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with both of you. Leave it how it is and we can just insanely continue to up it so others can see the bgeining of what was a great story. Or still is a great story even though it's not completed. Yeah... you get my drift...

:Targeter:

5. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Much as I hate to say it, someone ought to PM one of the mods, and get them to lock this...just so no one's tempted to try to continue...

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm not so sure if we should jump to that right now, but it does indeed sound like a good idea. I'll talk to Kit and Ams and see what they say.

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I guess you're right, Miana.

No, don't lock this! It would soon fall into the depths of this forum and would be easily forgotten. I don't want that... :( Just let's agree that no one will continue with this (unless Mr.P and JG change their minds... *hope*), and let's up it from time to time for the new readers. :)

*Raises glass* Hannon le, mellon nîn.

Hope you won't kill me for this, but there are two writers of this, and plural form or mellon is mellyn, if I'm not mistaken... ;)

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Picky picky. ;) *Glances around suspiciously* Um... I was thanking them one by one.. yeah, that's it... ;) :p

Although I do agree with the not-locking it.. if we want this sucker to last, we need to keep it up so new generations of readers can enjoy it. :D

9. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Picky picky.

I know. [face_devil]

Though, I can't claim any extensive knowledge of Sindarin (i.e. hardly any at all), but the plural forms I remember. It's like with adan/edain, orod/ered, amon/emyn. I want to learn Quenya (I already found some very good courses on the 'net), but I don't have much time (school [face_plain]), so I guess it will have to wait for summer holidays.

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL! If I do any writing in Sindarin or Quenya, I usually just writing in Sindish or Quenish (Kinda like Spanglish) :p ;)

(Yeah, I know... sorry about all those earthquakes, you Brits... Tolkien's rolling in his grave because of me.) ;)

11. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    With lick, we'll upp it enough that they decide to keep writing it.

/tips hat to the best LOTR crossover he's seen

12. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Yuppers! What Wes said!

13. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    The more offensive way to do this would be to PM J_G and Mr. P each time the thread is upped :p ;)

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, that would just persuade them even more not to continue it. ;)

15. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    But thats just it, its not the best crossover, because like too meany stories on this board it has been forgoten

would anyone be intrested in starting a Ep2/LotR with me?

And while i undewrstand the 'no one should take over opinion' i disagree, it depends what authors take over and that they keep with how it was being writen. at least IMO

16. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    An Episode II/LOTR crossover? I might be interested in that one. PM me about it.

UP!

17. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    *sighs* Am I the only one here who can still say up? THis was on hte third page guys!

UP WE GO!

18. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
  19. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
  20. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
  21. anekasolo

anekasolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2001
    I've quietly been reading this thread for over a year now and I agree that it would not be right for anyone else to continue writing this story. Even if the new author has just as much (if not more) talent as JC or Mr. P it would not be the same. JC and Mr. P probably had a specific idea as to how they wanted the story to go, and we would never be able to douplicate that.

I also think that we should not lock this thread. Just because both of them said that they had lost interest and were busy doing other things doesn't mean that one day they won't gain interest again. It might be a good idea for some of us to save a copy of the story on our computers, that way if one day either of them decide to take up the story again, and for some reason didn't save it themselves, they won't have to start over again (maybe I'm making this up but I though Mr. P had said in the beginning that this was their second time trying to write this story).

As for an Ep2/LOTR cross over, I'm all for it. PM me if you want/need another author. If not, at least tell me where you'll post it and what it'll be called, I HAVE to read it.

22. CodeName_Targeter

Nov 7, 2003
    Upness!

And for the Ep2/LOTR crossover, Alixen had soem stuff planned but I don't know what happened to Alixen, we have a thread in the Writers Resource I believe...

23. Wes_Janson

Mar 17, 2004
    This should never be locked. Its a classic thread.

24. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Ups, one last time
    I wish this story had been finished, or at least up to the point where Gandalf the White came in, so we'd know if Qui-Gon had survived (though I doubt it).

25. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    Up up uppidy up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.