main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not All Who Wander Are Lost (a Star Wars/Lord of the Rings crossover), The Repost -- Updated 7/11 ??

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Okay, since Alixen seems to have disappeared, I'll tell you that the SW/LOTR bunny bit me, too, and my crossover has started here. It's not quite the Ep2/LOTR crossover Alixen had planned, but...

Anyway, Ch. 2 is up, and I need readers...

2. rouge-reblekid

rouge-reblekid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2001
    so bored so bored so bored so bored

3. Sid_the_Sith

Sid_the_Sith Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    i've been lurking for some time, and i'd hate to see this story just hanging here. can i suggest something?
    have Mr.P or JG tell a reader (not me) a basic outline of the story. then, on a seperate thread, that person continues the story.

please, please, please

this is a really great story, and once again, i'd really hate to see it close

Sid

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Sid_the_Sith, your suggestion has been thought of before... but, at least in my mind (and not to dog on any of the wonderful writers here), it just wouldn't be the same. :(

5. Sid_the_Sith

Jun 22, 2004
    it won't be the same, but this is a really great story. i'm not a fanatic about SW or LotR, it's just something i do in my spare time. but this is really a great story. i have been lurking around the boards for some time, and i registered so i could post about this
    *blushing* i really want the story to go on, even if it would be diffirent. So...
    *on my knees*
    someone, please continue the story!
    please!

6. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    *sigh* i will try and continue it for a chapter or two, but there is no way it will be the same standard, i think we have all waited long enough for an update.

Yea it wont be as good as before, so if you think im doin a bad jod just consider my parts to be AU to this fics Universe, completly separate.

but dont expect me to rush chapters for this, it doesnt intrest me as much as it did before, and i have 3 of my own fics, but i will Try and add a chapter every now and again.

If the Authors object they can either ask for this to be closed as an unfinished fic should be with a **unfinished** lable on it, or they can continue.

Until then ill continue it. :)

Jedi_Jessie_Anne: Glad you took on the bunny, i realised that while it would be a fun fic, i just have way to much on my plate to add that ontop of my 2 (now, with this, 4) others fics.
    The only reason im considering this is im soon to have 2 months of nothing to do until i start collage.

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Those 2 months will go by shortly. Trust me. ;)

8. Sid_the_Sith

Jun 22, 2004
    *does happy dance*

Go Alixen Go Alixen Go G0
    IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY
    WE'RE GONNA PARTY LIKE IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY

hurray-post soon post soon! :)

but (no offense)can you post on a different thread
    in that way, if Mr.P or/and JG returns, they can continue it
    (no offense Alixen, but each author has his/her own style, and the original authors did a great job-and i'm sure you'll do just as well!)
    [face_praying] post post post
    and, above all
    UP
    *more happy dance*

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Alixen, I've been speaking to Mr. P, since he's been back in the states, and he'd really appreciate it if you spoke to him first before continuing with the story. :)

10. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    I'm with Miana Kenobi on this, ask Mr P or JG first.

:Targeter:

11. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Well, hello y'all... long time no see...

I kind of had a falling-out with the fandom as well, as I sort of got a life (no offense to all of you! but I found other things to do with my time than write SW fanfic).

Anyway I really appreciate all of the comments about how this is a "classic" and all, but I don't really agree - I feel that the writing quality (at least that which I did; JG was consistently better than me) was sub-par, and that at the point in the story at which we stopped it was really starting to drag and it wasn't going too well.

It was like, what we were doing at that point was basically re-writing LOTR with SW characters' thoughts about what was going on. Nothing really important or exciting, like what happened with what we were doing before the characters got to Rivendell at the beginning. It was just becoming, at least for me (I can't speak for JG) a drag.

We had a general idea of where we wanted it to go - I had a very specific vision of the ending, in fact, and made frequent references to it. I won't post it here in case people don't want to know, but it was very interesting because basically I also wanted to write a sequel, basically what happens when they go back to the GFFA... anyway the problem was that it was just too much. Just re-writing LOTR was massive, re-writing SW also is just like one of those lifes' work kind of things... I just didn't have the stamina for something like that. I suppose that one day I'll take another crack at it (we had discussed ways of making it shorter), but I wouldn't mind to see how someone else takes this story, within the general framework of what we had been planning to do.

I actually wouldn't mind discussing the possibility of someone else picking up the story, writing this was really a lot of fun - before each chapter JG and I would discuss what kinds of things we could do with the SW characters in each chapter, it was really interesting and a lot of fun discussing LOTR with her, and then writing it.

Anyway I'm open to the possibility. I would especially love to work on the sequel but I couldn't get through the "slow" part of the story... I suppose it's something that happened with my other story (the Facade of Amidala), where I had a lot of fun planning it out and thinking up the plot and how everything would happen and coming up with an incredibly awesome story, but when I sat down to write it I just couldn't find the energy to put it all on the computer screen.

Thanks for everything

Mr. P

contact me at jasonlustig@adelphia.net if you are interested...

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Dangit, don't trick me like that! :p

It's nice to see you haven't totally abandoned this, P. ;) :D

13. Sid_the_Sith

Jun 22, 2004
    Hello, anyone home.
    Anyone plotting to do something about this wonderful story? Please, with a cherry on top?

14. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Oh damn. And here I was thinking that there was a real live update!! :( Oh well, I'll live.

:Targeter:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.