main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not All Who Wander Are Lost (a Star Wars/Lord of the Rings crossover), The Repost -- Updated 7/11 ??

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I bet anakin can even give Merry and Pippin a run for their money on asking impertinant questions.

Why do I have a feeling that they will enter the felloship? Gandalf won't be the only wise man, but he'll have his hands full with Anakin too. . .

2. Skiroid

Skiroid Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2003
    Uh-Oh... Evil foreshadowing dream of doom, intersting though.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *Gives Mr. P a thumbs up and kicks it back to the top*

4. Satoshi

Satoshi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Wonderful post! I really enjoyed the dialogue between Anakin and Legolas.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The spiders on the ship... *shivers* very creepy. Definitely not a spider fan. Frodo's dream was fabulous foreshadowing and I enjoyed the way Legolas warmed up to Anakin and encouraged his carving endeavors. I do wonder if the story Legolas tells will be done in song as many stories seemed to be told in the LOTR world.

6. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Wonderful, wonderful! :)

7. Darthina_Christine

Darthina_Christine Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I agree. It is great! :D

Keep up the good work!

UP!

8. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Normally, I would scoff at a LOTR/SW crossover but this is good. I cannot wait to see the interaction between Gandolf and Qui Gonn. It should be real interesting.

9. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks everyone! THis next post is be... Mr. P!

"Which direction is the river in?" Panaka asked again, glancing around through the trees. [i]Where are those... things? There are probably more of them...[/i] He fidgeted, and kept his hand on his blaster. "We don't have a map or anything, you know. We've been walking for almost half an hour... we must be only a kilometer or two from the edge of the forest."

"I think it was in that direction," said Eirtaé, pointing to the west. "I kind of lost my bearings, though, when we landed... " They were standing in the middle of a clearing, and could see millions of stars. Rabé was mesmerized by them, cranking her neck up to see them. All of them had always been near the lights of the civilized galaxy and had never seen anything like it, even out on the plains of Naboo or the rocks of Tatooine ? something was different here.

"We might as well start out in that direction," said Sabé. "It seems like the forest starts thinning in that general direction."

[i]We might as well start out in that direction...[/i]

Ric Olié sighed. He wasn't much interested in where this river was -? he had seen many, many rivers while landing the ship. He just wanted to get out of this forest. Ric Olié walked a few metres away, to take a look in one of the trees surrounding the small clearing. The stars framed it, making it look almost serene, but he had an odd feeling about it. His instincts told him to stay away, but his curiosity drove him on. He approached it, and took a closer look.

"What do you think, Olié?" asked Panaka, hand on his blaster. The sounds of the nighttime forest were starting to come out, and he looked around impatiently. Where was Olié?

"Ric?" Sabé said. She turned ?- Ric was gone. He had disappeared.

"Where is he?" asked Rabé. It was as if he had disappeared into thin air. One moment he was there, one moment he wasn't. It was as if he was Anakin!

"I don't know... " said one of the techs, speaking up. "I saw him walk away, towards the edge of the clearing... "

"This isn't good!" exclaimed Panaka. "Those... things probably got him! We've all got to stay together, or else -- "

He was interrupted by a shrill scream off to the south-east. It rang through the air for a few moments, and disappeared into the darkness.

"I think we should go in the exact opposite direction of that," said Eirtaé.

"I concur," said Panaka.

Ric Olié felt like he was drunk. He couldn't see, everything was black -? pitch black, darker than anything he had ever experienced before. He wanted to go to sleep. Perhaps if he did, he would wake up and he wouldn't be here ?- they would be on their way to Coruscant, and this would all have been a nightmare.

He tried to move his arms, but they seemed to be cemented to his sides. His eyes wouldn't open, either. But he heard rustling, and felt like his feet were being stretched out, like he was being dragged along the forest floor. Every once in a while, he also felt something pricking into his side, and let out a scream. Perhaps someone would hear him. He didn't like that feeling.

He only remembered images -? the giant hairy black thing, jumping out of the tree, grabbing him and spinning that awful sticky webbing around him. And then, he had been dragged into that blackness that was the forest, and he had been battling sleep ever since then.

Ric was able to breathe, fortunately. Maybe not. He wished he would go unconscious. If he did, he would most probably not feel the ordeal that he thought was coming.

He seemed to be moving across the forest for forever. Ric totally lost his bearings. [i]Where the hell am I heading?[/i] he thought. And then suddenly, they stopped. He felt a number of probes poking along his body, and then the webbing began to peel off. He couldn't move his arms or legs, still ?- they were asleep. And the most disturbing image came before him. A great number of large obsidian eyes were overlooking him like the court of the Queen to their food before they b

10. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    "I'm dead."
    --Ric Olie

;)

Keep up the good work!

11. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Oh my. You killed him! :eek:

Oh well... not that big a loss... :D

12. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    Wow. He's dead. That was unexpected. ::blinks:: I'm afraid to ask who's next. Honestly, does EVERYONE have to hate poor Ric? No, wait, don't bother answering that.

13. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Niobiie-of-Belfalas Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2002
    Do'h!!

Everyone hates poor Ric because...of one stinky line...and he doesn't have enough hair.

-Nio

14. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks! (and btw, we don't hate Ric)

The next post was written by JG!

Sabé walked on moodily. Her inclination was to go back to the southeast and find Olié, though she was as aware as any of them that the scream didn't auger well. It just didn't seem [b]right[/b] somehow. Some security expert she was turning out to be.

"I hear the water!" Rabé exclaimed suddenly.

The group stopped, and Sabé didn't think she was the only one holdint her breath. The night was perfectly still... but in the stillness, she heard it, too: the steady rush of a river, just ahead, where the trees ended.

"Come on," she said. "We'll need to find a ford or a bridge."

"Or a campsite," Panaka suggested. "Once we're out of these trees, it might be a good idea to get some sleep."

"Yes, but be careful. Those aliens who were marching before aren't to be toyed with, either."

"Point taken."

But spirits were higher and steps were quicker as the group made its way out of the shadows of Mirkwood, into the moonlight along the grassy slope of a wide, clean river. "Make camp," Sabé ordered, wondering if the techs were still buying her as Amidala.

Whether they were or not, they took the order cheerfully, and started setting up the emergency shelters they'd brought from the ship. At some point, Eirtaé thought to camouflage the metal domes with leaves and vines -- an intelligent idea -- so groups went carefully back to the edge of the forest and brought them back.

When all was complete, Sabé looked around the small campsite with some degree of satisfaction. It would do. They had survived.

Except for Olié.

She had to find a way to get him home.

But not today. They couldn't afford such a luxury yet.

She ducked into the shelter she was sharing with Eirtaé and Rabé, and gratefully laid aside the last headpiece she'd need to wear today. She was combing her hair when Panaka came in.

"What is it, Captain?"

"We need to talk about the Queen. We'll need to find her."

"Of course. She's not carrying a comm-link -- the Jedi Master is the only one in their group who is. I wasn't able to raise him."

"It may be malfunctioning."

"Or he may be in a position where he can't answer."

"Or he may just be [b]trying[/b] to annoy us." Panaka shook it off. "The point is, our responsibility is to get to her. But we don't know which direction she went in. Do you have any theories?"

"The road we saw is obvious, but it also seemed to be controlled by hostile forces, and I doubt the Jedi would deliberately choose such a path. I'd guess she would make for the river, as we have. A river will always lead to civilization somewhere."

"That's probable. But would she follow it upriver or down?"

Sabé considered the question carefully, then shook her head. "I don't know. Rabé? Eirtaé?"

Eirtaé looked north. "There seems to be a pass in the mountains to the north, upriver. Cities frequently arise in such a place."

"But river traffic tends to make more settlements downriver... "

Sabé sighed. If Yané and Saché had been along, they would no doubt find reasons that Amidala should have gone east or west as well. In the end, it would come down to Sabé's choice, and she just didn't know.

She turned to Panaka. "Captain, we may have to split the party. Eirtaé and Rabé and I will go south; you and the technicians can seek the north. I saw a mountain standing alone, to the northeast. Such a place is a likely one for settlement -- landmarks always are. You should strike out for that place. We will merely follow the river."

Panaka nodded gravely. "Cross when you can, Sabé. I don't know why, but I don't like this shore. I think you'll be safer on the other side."

"I was half-expecting you to argue with me."

"I should. It's foolish to split the group. But it seems the best way to find the queen and the Jedi." He clenched his teeth. "I have a thing or two to say to the Council about the way this Jinn behaves. But that can wait until we are all reassembled, and on the way home."

"Yes, Captain. It can."

"Meanwhile, let's

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Can't think of much worse way to die then drag off by a giant spider...ewww!! Poor Ric, what a nightmare! Loved Panaka's comment that not being able to contact Qui-Gon was because he was trying to annoy them and his "I have a thing or two to say to the Council about the way this Jinn behaves. Won't that be a big surprise to the big Jedi!! [face_laugh]

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Aw nuts... I almost forgot that this is still in Fellowship... I keep thinking that it would have been interesting for our Nubians to perhaps meet up with Smaug... ;)

17. Niobiie-of-Belfalas

Niobiie-of-Belfalas Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2002
    Let's have Obi-Wan get in a fist fight with Aragorn over Arwen

"I saw her first, and I am king."

"I can move things with my mind, and get tortured a heckofalot more than you."

And then Arwen dumps them both and goes across the sea.

-Nio

18. leia_amigirl

leia_amigirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2002
    ::cheers:: OOH! That sounds good! Somebody should put that in. Better yet, maybe she should fall in love with Qui-Gon! ::snickers evilly:: Ok, don't pay attention to me, I'm weird. I also happen to be Breanna, in case you're wondering - I'm just using a friend's sn to annoy her.

19. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    I just got caught up, and wow! I remain stunned. I love the two parties trying to find their way around Middle Earth. Frodo's vision of Anakin as a Black Rider was brilliant, and I enjoyed the conversations between Legolas and Anakin.

20. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Looking good! :) I especially liked the part about Saché and Yané looking east and west if they'd been along. [face_laugh] :D

21. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I love it so far and can't wait for more.

22. Mr. P

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, everyone! :)

This next post is by JG

Amidala awoke --

[b]Padmé[/b]! she reminded herself, thrusting her arms out into the cold air to bring herself fully awake before she mumbled something or made another mistake in her thinking. The blanket she had been in flew off of her and fell down to a lower limb of the tree.

"Do you always awaken so violently?" Legolas asked.

"Only when I'm sleeping in trees." Padmé looked around anxiously, suddenly realizing that the space Ani had been in was empty. "Where is... my brother? Where's Ani?"

"He's gathering kindling. I thought you and your companions might enjoy something warm to drink before we start into the pass. It will be a strenuous walk today."

"Yes. Thank you. I'm sorry I snapped at you."

"Forgive me, Padmé Skywalker, but you seem to 'snap' frequently."

She barely noticed the use of Ani's name with her own, taking it as a matter of course. It wouldn't occur to her until many years later that there was anything odd about that. "I'm weary of traveling," she said, as kindly as she could. "And anxious about matters at home."

"Understandable. Your other companions are waking up now. Perhaps you should seek out your... brother" (did she hear a pause there, or was she being paranoid?) "and help him with the morning's fire."

She felt another irritated snap coming on, and quelled it. She was not a queen to Legolas, and he was treating her as he would treat a child. Any romantic notions of how simple and nice life would be if only she were a normal girl were shattered. She was suddenly, unreservedly glad to have chosen a more unusual path for her youth. She climbed down from the tree, and found Ani in a patch of scrub beside the road, gathering up thin branches and piling them on to his blanket.

"I think that might be enough," she said.

"Oh. Good morning, Padmé." He smiled at her shyly. "I just didn't have anything else to do, so... "

She bent down and started wrapping the blanket around the wood, to carry it. "He's an odd one, this Legolas. What do you make of him?"

"I like him fine. He told me a story about when the wood elves got in with a bad guy, and they kidnapped a bunch of dwarves. They're really sorry about that now." He smiled. "He gave me a knife, too, so I could finish something."

"Finish something?"

Anakin nodded, and drew something from one of the leather pouches on his belt. A light-colored pendant on a dark string dropped from his closed fist. "I made it for you. To remember me by."

She took it. It was simple and plain, but the marks were all sure, and the wood of the pendant was smooth and pleasant to the touch. There was a kind of delicacy about it that called to her. She put it over her head, and slipped it under the cloak Legolas had found for her in the cave. "It's lovely. Really it is. But how could I ever forget you? It's been an eventful few days in my life, you know."

"Mine, too."

"Ani... we're playing brother and sister."

"I know. I almost messed that up, but Legolas believes it, I think. I couldn't remember your last name -- "

"Naberrie."

" -- so I gave him mine, and I guess you're kind of stuck with it. Sorry."

"It's alright. I like your name. I can live with it."

"Good. Then I guess we better get back."

23. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    Aw...how sweet! Love the foreshadowing. Tut tut, my Legolas is a smart boy...when will they stop insulting his intelligence?

24. Shezan

Shezan Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2001
    Cuuuuuute! :D

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :D Two thumbs up as usual. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.