Not All Who Wander Are Lost (a Star Wars/Lord of the Rings crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booster-1986 Jedi Knight

star 2
    900th POST ... great story ... more please
  2. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
  3. empress of justice Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't believe I gave this permission to be on page 11.

Jedi Galadriel and Mr. P; you are required to sign release forms before this fanfic is allowed to pass page 5. :D ;) :)

EOJ
  4. Riin Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just love this story :)
    I was just seeing a little show on TV about LOTR:FORN, and I was really enjoing it, until they mentioned Legolas - or rather Legalus, as they called him. How horrible!
    Anyway, UP!
  5. Keisha Jedi Knight

star 1
    Get back up to the top...

Keisha
  6. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
    Up! Hey, who here has seen the movie? And if you have, what did you think about it? (Something to do while we wait for the next post)
  7. empress of justice Jedi Master

star 4
    I did! Three hours, but I hardly noticed I was in the theatre that long. Wow!!! :D :) :D

EOJ
  8. Riin Jedi Knight

star 1
    So far four times, but I plan on a fifth time. I don't suppose I have to say that I like it :)
  9. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
  10. JediFinrod Jedi Master

star 3
    Up!

We miss you, Gala and Mr. P!
  11. empress of justice Jedi Master

star 4
    I've seen it 4 times, and I wanna see it again!!!

Peter Jackson, can you PLEASE bring FOTR to video and DVD soon?????

EOJ
  12. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Sorry. The movie thing has left a sour taste in my mouth on Middle Earth, and I've been consequently derelect here. Hopefully, I'll shape up soon.
  13. JediFinrod Jedi Master

star 3
    The worst thing about the movie is that there's a rash of fanfiction out there right now written by people whove have watched the movie without reading the book. *shudder*
  14. Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus

star 5
    aaah, that sounds really bad. *cringes*

Well, I've been very very busy lately... I'll see about getting something done this week -- it's midterm week, but I only have one midterm! :D No promises, though...

--Mr. P
  15. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
    I take it you didn't like the movie JG?

16. Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I actually think she never saw it, but got in some bad arguments with some fanboys...
  17. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Right. I had a mild desire to boycott it anyway, because of the Arwen issue, but after dealing with people who were saying "Peter Jackson should direct episode 3, because he's the Messiah of filmmaking and Lucas is the devil" -- well, it did not dispose me to want to have anything at all to do with it.

I also really do object to the change in Arwen's character (someone please confirm or deny -- a person who hadn't read the book told me that Arwen rather than Gandalf makes the water into horses... I have a hard time believing they would do something that severe, and I think maybe she was mistaken and missed something as she drooled over Legolas), because Tolkien very specifically took the Arwen/Aragorn story out of the Red Book to avoid confusing the hobbit-centric point of view (it's in the Letters; I don't remember which number).
  18. empress of justice Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, the book *is* better. But what can you expect? The only way to do *everything* in LOTR is to make it into a t.v. series, with the same quality to the retelling as a Star Wars movie.

As someone who has read the books, there were things I picked up that my non-LOTR-reading family didn't.

EOJ
  19. AquaRose Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow! This story is really awsome... and I am only on page four! I am looking forward to reading this story in the next couple months(for that is how long it will take me to read it with it being so long and all:)
  20. empress of justice Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Jadis_Ionian Jedi Master

star 4
    Up!
    I lost track of this on page 33. It's really great!
    And yes, in the movie Arwen does turn the water into horses. But I thought Elrond did it in the book?

*Jadis*
  22. Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yeah, it was Elrond in the book.

T
    H
    E

F
    O
    L
    L
    O
    W
    I
    N
    G

M
    A
    Y

C
    O
    N
    T
    A
    I
    N

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

for

T
    H
    O
    S
    E

who

haven't

read

The Two towers

O
    R

The Return of the king

Personally, I don't believe (in the sense that I know that Jackson did it but that I can't believe that he actually did it) that Jackson made Arwen the one who did the water --> horses thing. It's simply impossible because it's ELROND who has the Ring, not Arwen... and so, Elrond's the one who "has the power" to do all that stuff that the Ring (I forget what the one he has's called) can do.

E
    N
    D

L
    O
    T
    R

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
  23. StormKnight Jedi Knight

star 2
    Gandalf did the horses thing in the books, though Elrond controlled the flooding. Gandalf just added a few "touches" of his own.
  24. jedipati Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh dear it looks like I've stirred up a hornet's nest.

Well, I thought the movie was better then I'd feared, but not as good as I'd hoped. A few of the scenes were not that great *cough* ford scene *cough*, but it wasn't that bad
  25. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Out of curiosity, is there anyone on this thread who hasn't read TTT and RotK yet?

Mr. P, you make a good point about Elrond's ring; I remembered that he caused the flood (and Gandalf made the horses in it, apparently for the sake of decoration), but of course it was because he had the Ring.

Well, if Arwen has made the poster, replaced Glorfindel, and started necking with Aragorn prominently enough to make the trailer, maybe Elrond decided, what the heck, she's invulnerable. She can have the silly thing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.