main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not All Who Wander Are Lost (a Star Wars/Lord of the Rings crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    I don't have time for this right now, but if things haven't moved around mid-June and Mr P and JG agree, I might give a try at continuing the story.

2. AquaRose

AquaRose Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
  3. Riin

Riin Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2000
    Up...

4. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    oh goodie LordBan! :) I'd love to see this story continued.

5. Darth_Yakiyn

Darth_Yakiyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2001
    Hey,is anyone going to post story on this, or is it dead? I would love to see someone continue it. :)

6. menilma

Aug 25, 2001
    I agree, someone should continue this. and now we've reached mid-June haven't we? :D Lordban..? :)

7. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Up, SOMEONE please post!

8. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm leaving on vacation for a month tomorrow, but I do want to continue with this story. This coming schoolyear is my senior year, so I'll probably have bunches of time doing nothing that I could use to start this story up again. :)

--Mr. P

9. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    Yay! If you and Gala would like any assistance, let me know!

10. TahiriVeila9

TahiriVeila9 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    i just found this post last week and i've been trying to catch up and when i do, what do i see? MINDLESS BABBLE!!! pleeease continue!!!

11. TahiriVeila9

Jun 30, 2002
    to the top we go!

12. StormKnight

StormKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2001
    I'm looking forward to seeing this continue, as well. As, as has already been offered, let me know if you ever need help. (You may find that your senior year is not so relaxing as you imagine...)

13. TahiriVeila9

Jun 30, 2002
    i, also, will be willing to help.

14. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
  15. menilma

Aug 25, 2001
    Mr.P that is splendid! if you would continue the story that is :)

16. TahiriVeila9

Jun 30, 2002
    to the top we go!

17. TahiriVeila9

Jun 30, 2002
    am i the only one still paying attention to this story?

18. StormtrooperVF101

StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2001
    Why don't we just knock this story back UP!!

19. StormKnight

StormKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2001
    Here and paying full attention!

20. StormtrooperVF101

Jun 29, 2001
    Time to resurrect this here story. I'm kinda iffy about this post but here goes a lot.

The group found that it was further than they had originally thought. The ground was rising steeply still, and was becoming more and more rocky. The light grew broader as they ran on, soon they saw that there was a rock-wall before them: the side of a hill, or the abrupt end of some long root thrust out by the distant mountains. There were no trees growing on it, and the sun was falling full on its stony face. The twigs of the trees at its foot were stretched out stiff and still, almost as if it were reaching out to the warmth. But it was probably just her imagination thought Padmé. Pippin looked up at Padmé to find her gaze fixed on what seemed to be the same thing.

?Do you see it too, Padmé?? Inquired Pippin.

?Yes,? replied Padmé.

?What do you make of it??

?I don?t know.?

Where all had looked so shabby and grey before, the wood now gleamed with rich browns, and with smooth black-greys of bark like polished leather. The boles of the trees glowed with a soft green like young grass. It reminded Padmé of Naboo in early spring.

In the face of the stony wall there was something that resembled closely to a flight of stairs; yet it was natural looking. It was uneven and rough, made by the weathering and splitting of the rock. But before Padmé was finished observing all that there was to see she was interrupted by Merry?s joy filled voice saying, ?I?m going up it for a breath of air and a sight of the land.? Padmé chuckled at the sight of Merry climbing and scrambling up the rock as the stair, if that?s what it was, seemed as if it was made for someone for bigger feet and longer legs.

?I don?t know about you Padmé, but I?m going up as well,? announced Pippin.

?Well then I?ll just have to,? she paused in her sentence and thought, ?I?m just going to have to race you to the top.?

Pippin hadn?t even waited for Padmé to finish the sentence at the word race Pippin took off for the stairs. Padmé let out a brief laugh and then followed suit running as fast as she could towards the stairs. The pains and tiredness that Pippin and Padmé had felt before left them completely as they scrambled up the stairs.

?Just what in the world are you two doing?? Asked Merry as the two flew by laughing and giggling at themselves.

?It?s a race,? cried Pippin.

Merry perked up at the sound of the word race, ?Oh, a race you say. To where??

?The top,? answered Padmé.

Merry lunged at the next stair climbing as fast as he could try to catch up to the two whom were already two stairs ahead. Padmé and Pippin let out a laugh at the sight, which caused Merry to start giggling. Pippin emerged at the top of the hill first closely followed by Merry and then finally Padmé. The group emerged almost on top of an old stump that had but two bent branches left. It looked like a gnarled old man standing there blinking in the morning-light. But other than the stump there was little up on the shelf under a cliff. The group was exasperated as their lungs were drawing in deep breaths only to have the released by laughter.

As their laughter began to die down the group turned around to look eastward. They saw that they had only traveled three or for miles into the forest itself. There were columns of tree heads that reminded Padmé of the columns of battle droids that belonged to the Trade Federation that occupied Padmé?s home. But now was not the time for dwelling on such things. Near the fringe of the forest tall plumes of black smoke wafted in the sky wavering and floating in their direction.

?The wind is changing,? stated Merry. ?It?s turned east again. It feels cool up here, yet refreshing after the race.?

?Yes,? said Pippin; ?I?m afraid this is only a passing gleam, and it will all go grey again. So said. But the breeze does feel refreshing.?

?What a pity I must say, this old forest looked so different in the sunlight. I almost felt like I liked the place,? said Padmé as the s

21. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    *Stares in disbelief.*
    A Post?
    We Got a Post?
    One thing- I don't remember that scene in the book- unless it was when Merry and Pippin thought that the forest looked nicer in the sunlight.
    Nice Job.

*Screams* WE GOT A POST!!!

22. StormtrooperVF101

Jun 29, 2001
    Yes it's the scene where Merry and Pippin think the forest look prettier in the sunlight. I just decided to make it alittle more interesting. Also, JG e-mail me at warinc@vnet.net

Thanks!

And we have reached 1000 posts!!!!!

23. StormtrooperVF101

Jun 29, 2001
    UP!!!

I'll try and get another post in sometime later today.

24. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Wait, so does this mean that Galadriel, Mr. P, and Herman aren't posting anymore? I've gotten as far as the Council of Elrond, but I would be very upset if at least one of them don't continue with the story. :_| I think you three have a wonderful handle on Tolkien. I'm reading LOTR for the first time (Though I saw the movie three times), and I'm just at Lothlorien. I really love the book, and I really like this fic! (And it's all thanks to Herman's trivia contest that I found it ;) )
    Eirtae

25. StormtrooperVF101

Jun 29, 2001
    I'm not sure, I hope JG will continue to post. But Mr. P is on vaccation for a month. And i'm not sure about Herman. But for the time being I will be trying to put some life back into the thread.

26. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    I had meant to talk to Mr. P about this before he left, and it just slipped my mind (several other stories I'm worrying about). I've pretty much lost hold of this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.