Not All Who Wander Are Lost (a Star Wars/Lord of the Rings crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Yes it's the scene where Merry and Pippin think the forest look prettier in the sunlight. I just decided to make it alittle more interesting. Also, JG e-mail me at warinc@vnet.net

Thanks!

And we have reached 1000 posts!!!!!
  2. StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    UP!!!

I'll try and get another post in sometime later today.
  3. HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Wait, so does this mean that Galadriel, Mr. P, and Herman aren't posting anymore? I've gotten as far as the Council of Elrond, but I would be very upset if at least one of them don't continue with the story. :_| I think you three have a wonderful handle on Tolkien. I'm reading LOTR for the first time (Though I saw the movie three times), and I'm just at Lothlorien. I really love the book, and I really like this fic! (And it's all thanks to Herman's trivia contest that I found it ;) )
    Eirtae
  4. StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm not sure, I hope JG will continue to post. But Mr. P is on vaccation for a month. And i'm not sure about Herman. But for the time being I will be trying to put some life back into the thread.
  5. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I had meant to talk to Mr. P about this before he left, and it just slipped my mind (several other stories I'm worrying about). I've pretty much lost hold of this one.
  6. StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    But will you continue to post here? Because I don't think I can work on this one all by myself, I'll need some help.
  7. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    No, I really wasn't planning on it. That's what I'd meant to write to Mr. P about. I know he wants to continue, so maybe when he gets back he will.
  8. StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Okay then. I'll try and get another post up later today.
  9. Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus

star 5
    hi

i'm currently away, but i have access to a comp... we have (or rather, *had*) a lot of plans for this story so i'd rather appreciate it if you guys could wait until we explain how we had planned for the story to go before you go and write for it... i think it's awesome that you're writing but there needs to be some semblance of planning or else things get totally crazy. we'll talk about it when i get back from vacation :)

thanks

--P
  10. menilma Jedi Padawan

star 4
    aha! This is absolutely great, marvellous in fact! a post! actually, a post! for a second I didn't remember where we were in the story! anyway, stormtrooper, I think you did a very great job and if you and mr.P can work this out... great! :D
  11. StormKnight Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey, guys, lemme know what's up and if you need help. I'd hate to see this story die...
  12. menilma Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Die you say? Bah! It has reawakened, I'm sure! Right guys, you're just talking to each other about where this story is going. Right? ...Right?!
  13. TahiriVeila9 Jedi Youngling

this story will not die...
  14. TahiriVeila9 Jedi Youngling

methinketh i'm the only one who remembers this thread....
  15. jedipati Jedi Master

star 3
  16. StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm just waiting for Mr. P to get back.
  17. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I just started reading this, and let me say WOW!!!! I'm only 1/4 the way through it, but it's incredible so far!!! Very well written and easy to visualize, especially for being started before the movie ever came out!! Bravo to all the authors!!

(And there will be more praise when I catch up on it. ;))
  18. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Very well written and easy to visualize, especially for being started before the movie ever came out!!

Well, it's based on the books, not the movie, so I'd hope that wouldn't make a difference! :)

Glad you enjoyed. Wish I still had the rhythm of the story in my head, but I'm afraid some residual bitterness at the moment isn't helping.
  19. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    JG, I mearly meant that for not having a visual source to help describe the appearence of places and things (such as the movie, which gives an idea of what it might have looked like in Tolkin's mind), it is written so well that I can clearly picture it in my mind! ;)

(Basically to sum that up, it's really good!) ;)

I'm up to page 14 now, and VERY anxious to read more!!!
  20. StormKnight Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Residual bitterness? Over the movie? :(
  21. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    The movie itself, I didn't see (and don't want to--I don't enjoy unfaithful film adaptations at all, and the trailers were enough to tell me I wouldn't enjoy this one). The bitterness comes from the attitude of a lot of fans, coming up with charming statements like, "George Lucas is washed up and should hand the reins of SW over to Peter Jackson." That, and a co-worker who saw the movie four or five times "to watch Legolas leaping and frolicking!" but declared that the books were just "too boring" to bother with. It's left an extremely bad taste in my mouth.
  22. bobilll Jedi Padawan

star 4
    wow. i just found this thread, and all i can say is, wow. keep it coming!
  23. StormKnight Jedi Youngling

star 2
    You know, I found the film to be a relatively faithful adaptation of the books. Granted, they skipped a lot of important things - (they emphasized too much atmosphere and not enough psychology) but it seemed to me that most of the film was very good and captured most of what the books did, or at least tried very hard to do so.
  24. JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm not going to get into an argument about the film, but suffice it to say that the presence of Arwen, and her conjuring of the horses, was enough to tell me that it was off.
  25. Darth_Yakiyn Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think it was clever how they used Arwen in the movie, but it would have been better if they had use Glorfindel. I think they just didn't want Arwen to pop up in the 3rd movie without some explanation first. I really like the movie aside from that one place. :) :D
  26. jedipati Jedi Master

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.