main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not All Who Wander Are Lost (a Star Wars/Lord of the Rings crossover)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Stormie, does that mean that you are continuing this story? Are there any of the old writers still in on it? Hope to get more!
    Up!

2. Darth_Yakiyn

Darth_Yakiyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2001
    I will start on it. I need to review a little into the fic first. I will have it up at least in 2 weeks, tops. I'm not guarenteeing it will be perfect, though. I can e-mail it to you, stormie, once I finish it to make sure that it is good.

3. Jadis_Ionian

Jadis_Ionian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Wow, it's been awhile since I saw this. I look forward to seeing it continued! :)

*Jadis*

4. StormtrooperVF101

StormtrooperVF101 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2001
    Yes. I am going to try my best with continuing this story.

Yakiyn,

That'll be fine. My e-mail address is:

warinc@vnet.net

5. Darth_Yakiyn

Darth_Yakiyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2001
    Here's the next post. Hope you like it! :)

"Almost felt you liked my forest! That is uncommonly kind of you!" A strange voice behind them said. "Hoom! Who are you? I feel as if I dislike you, but let's not be too hasty! Turn around so I can see you."
    Padmé, Merry, and Pippin suddenly found themselves moving upward as they were picked up from behind and turned around. They found themselves looking into an exquisite face. It was Manlike, nearly troll-like. Its eyes were greyish-green. It stood nearly 14 feet tall and had a large head with an almost nonexistent neck. It had large feet and seven toes on each foot. Its beard was long and grey. It had an amazingly treelike body with a thick hide and arms that were smooth and brown.
    "Hrum! Very odd indeed! If I had seen you before I had heard your voices I would have squashed you, thinking you were orcs, and would have only realized my mistake until later. But who and what are you? I see a young woman here, but what of you other two?" the stranger said.
    "We're Hobbits!" said Merry. "I'm Meriadoc Brandybuck, but you can call me Merry."
    "And I'm Peregrin Took, but I'm usually called Pippin or just Pip."
    "I am Padmé Naberry. Please, who are you, and what?" said Padmé.
    "Well now, I am an Ent, a tree-herder. My name is Fangorn, or Treebeard will do," said Treebeard.

6. StormtrooperVF101

Jun 29, 2001
    Nice post Yakyin.

I won't be able to post this week, but once Thanksgiving break hits (next Wednesday) I'll try and start working on this again, but I have a very large project in World History and that's going to take up a very large majority of my time.

7. menilma

Aug 25, 2001
    This story is continued!! Lovely, lovely :) Yakyin I think you continued the story in a nice way though you guys have to post a little more before I remeber the changes from the real LotR. Up! :)

8. StormtrooperVF101

Jun 29, 2001
    Hehe...

Well hopefully by next week there should be a new post from me. I hope tommorrow I will be able to take a look at my copy of TTT and figure out what to do next, so untill then.

9. StormtrooperVF101

Jun 29, 2001
    Sorry about no post, but some very very bad ice storms hit my area last week, and screwed everything up. And exams are next week, but after that I'm home free for Christmas break. I promise y'all a post sometime before the end of December.

10. menilma

Aug 25, 2001
    Nice Stormy, now you'll be able to watch TTT as well before you post :) Still appreciate this very much :)

11. menilma

Aug 25, 2001
  12. StormtrooperVF101

Jun 29, 2001
    Woohoo! Project's turned in, now only four more days of school left before Christmas break, and only five left before my birthday!

13. menilma

Aug 25, 2001
    Congrats in advance then Stormy and I hope to see this story continued after I get back from my vacation. 2 whole weeks of nothing but sun and sea :D

14. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Big news!!

I plan on continuing this story!!

I have begun a re-post at http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9852335, and when I've gone through everything that JG and I wrote, I'll start up with the new stuff... reposting is actually an awesome way of getting back into it (for me) and picking it up where it was previously.

I won't be continuing the story in this thread; rather it'll be continued in the other thread.

I hope you guys enjoy it!! :)

--Mr. P

15. StormtrooperVF101

Jun 29, 2001
    I knew it! I knew it! Just when I get some words on the page to start up the next post something like this happens! Well... I'm now at a lost as to what to do. Should I continue to write the next post, and post it here, until Mr. P gets up the entire story or wait?

16. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Well... I don't plan on actually writing anything new until I get to the point in the story (in the other thread) where 1) I figure out exactly where we were in LotR, 2)[b/] what exactly we were planning on doing in the near future with the story, and 3) college applications are done.

So... basically in that thread there'll be nothing "new" for at least a couple months (I think). If the posting schedule (Sun, Tues, Thurs) is going too slow I may pick up the pace to one post every day (except friday and saturday).

But anyway -- if you want to join on the team, that's awesome. However, we need to talk about what we had planned. We (me and JG) had planned out the ending to this story and also a sequel, and I really like those things. :)

--P

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I have FINALLY had enough time to finish reading this, and I am in awe. Such a wonderful job by all the authors!!

But it's a bummer that it has slowed down... The story is too wonderful to be forgotten. :)

18. rouge-reblekid

rouge-reblekid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2001
  19. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Actually, since Mr. P is reposting this story, with an eye toward going forward, I'm going to lock this thread to avoid confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.