main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Not coming back?!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Chilean_JEDI19, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chilean_JEDI19

Chilean_JEDI19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    It's actually true that Doug Chiang and Ben Burtt are not coming back for EP3?

I'm sorry if this is a mistake or has been already talked but I'm really shocked about this thing!

2. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Yep, it's true.

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Half true.

Doug Chiang is not coming back. It is time to bring in new artistic concepts to help bridge the PT and the OT.

Ben Burtt is, but only for sound design things, NOT editing as was the case for TPM and AOTC.*

* Yes, I know he's not listed as sound designer in the crew list. However, NOBODY is listed as a sound designer, and it's clear he's still with Lucasfilm (he even answers Jedi Council questions and stuff), so unless he's mopping the floor now or something, I think this is a safe assumption to make.

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. Chilean_JEDI19

Oct 8, 2002
    I mean... Burtt is THE sound designer of SW!!! And I don't think his editting job was bad or anything!! then WHY!!!

And Doug was the responsable for the looks of all the PT... So GL is trying to get the PT to the next level?

5. SuperYoda_Jedi-eater

SuperYoda_Jedi-eater Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2003
    Who gives a flying banana? I heard that they were getting the black dude from Space Balls that can make all the sound effects by himself(remember the bleeps, the sweeps, and the creeps?). He would therefore make Episode III the greatest movie since "Howard the Duck!"

6. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]They don't need Ben Burtt, they have enuff sounds recorded to make all the lovely little effects needed for the movie. [/color]

7. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    That's like saying they don't need John Williams because they already have enough theme's...

8. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    But there will be plenty of new ships, aliens and beasts that will need new sound effects for Episode III, and it would be nice if Burtt were still on hand to the sound design. He's made as big a mark on the Star Wars films as Ralph McQuarrie, Doug Chiang or even John Williams.

9. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    Exactly!

10. Chilean_JEDI19

Oct 8, 2002
    That's what I think!!!!!

Is just like saying that we can have a good SW movie without GL directing!!!

... wait a minute...

11. SuperYoda_Jedi-eater

Mar 15, 2003
    Are you guys freaking stupid? Did you not listen to what I said. I was telling the truth. Like it or not all of the sound effects in episode III are authentic coming out of that dudes mouth!

12. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    Does anyone listen to what you say? I sure don't. 8-}

13. Ice Jedi

Ice Jedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    Super Yoda, I find it hard to believe that LFL would hire one guy to make all the sound effects they need with his mouth. Sorry, that just doesn't sit right with me.

As far as Ben Burt and Doug Chang, they will be missed and remembered. I can understand the reason for letting Chang go, cause the PT has to bridge to the OT, so a new design sence is reasonable. But not having Ben Burt along for the ride... its just something we'll have to deal with. Honestly, i'm sure the Sound Design isn't going sound any defferent. In most movies the sound design is the last thing people look at. All the people doing sound design are very talented, and you i'm sure you wouldn't konw the diff.
    Hold your flames... please

--Ice Jedi--
    putting on flam proof cloting.

14. PRINCESS_LEEEEA

PRINCESS_LEEEEA Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2003
    Now sir that is not very nice. super-yoda-jedi-eater is a fine person with wonderful ideas and i think you should give him some respect- think how cool episode III will be with that bleeps creeps sweeps guy!

15. SuperYoda_Jedi-eater

Mar 15, 2003
    Okay, so it was just wishful thinking. That dude would have done a way better job than those Chiang and Burt wierdos. Oh by the way Darth freaking Dispicable, don't cry, I didn't mean to offend you. And to Ice Jedi, the stayy pufft marshmellow man is a freaking pimp!

16. Darth-Dispicable

Mar 4, 2003
    Oh by the way Darth freaking Dispicable, don't cry, I didn't mean to offend you.

I have never been so offended in my life. :_| 8-}

17. SuperYoda_Jedi-eater

Mar 15, 2003
    Darth, I want to apologize for everything. Remind me sometime and I'll buy you a coke.

18. Darth-Dispicable

Mar 4, 2003
    Cool thanks, your alright in my book.

*cracks open the Coke and drinks it down*

Refreshing :cool:

19. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    Lucas didn't direct Empire or ROTJ. We will survive people, we will survive.

20. OLLIEVARR

OLLIEVARR Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Thank God Lucas didn't direct ESB or ROTJ!

21. Darth_Malt

Darth_Malt Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Personally I am glad that Doug is not comign back. His designs were great but he seemed to stay with the nice and clean design with almost every ship we saw. They needed to hint toward more cruddy vehicles in the galaxy. I am finally glad we will get some more OT themes in this one.

Also, Ben Burtt only really was only good for his sounds. Since most everyone along with the critics said the editing for the last two films were bad, they should be glad he is off.

Just my personal opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.