Not Forgotten (After TPM, short story, Obi-wan's POV)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Neon Star, Dec 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I stand there waiting, knowing she would be coming soon. It?s been a horrible week. I am broken inside, and I can?t even cry. My Master, my friend, my Father has joined the Force and left me. But it hurts to think of his last words, which were about the boy, how dare he! I was his Padawan for ten or more years and we just met the boy a week ago! I am hurt and outraged. But under it all, I feel alone and afraid. I wish he was here to comfort me, but there is no one left to answer that wish.

Here she comes, graceful as always. But her face does not hold the smile that I remember so well, now it is masked in sorrow but she is hiding that to where only those who know her well can see it.

It has been a hard week on both of us, I thought silently.

She put on a weak smile for me, but I can tell it is strained.

?Hello, Obi-wan,? she said softly.

?Hello, Atrus, its good to see you again,? I whispered.

She caressed my face for a moment. But upon seeing that I did not want to be comforted, she stopped and let the hand fall.

I want to tell her I am sorry, but I feel that I cannot.

?Obi-wan, I know you feel hurt and alone right now. But you are not alone and Qui-gon didn?t betray you,? she said.

I looked up sharply, how did she know!

?Qui-gon wanted me to give this to you, it will explain everything,? she whispered.

She pulled a small holo disk out of her robe and handed it to me. She turned to walk away but I grabbed her arm.

?Atrus, would you stay with me?? I asked.

?Not this time, Obi-wan,? she said softly and gave me one of those smiles that she hasn?t given me since I was young.

She then turned around and left, and I knew I could not stop her.

I sighed softly and went to my apartment. It used to be Qui-gon?s and mine, but now it was Anakin?s and mine. It was empty for the moment, since my Padawan was out for a few hours. I slumped onto a chair and looked at the disk. After a moment, I put it into the holo disk player and waited. There appeared a holo gram of my Master. My eyes filled with tears at seeing him again.

?Obi-wan, if you are looking at this, then I am dead as I foresaw. Obi-wan, I know you are angry with me right now and with yourself. But please don?t be. I knew that I was to die, because I chose to,? the image said.

He knew! I thought in shock to myself.

?I know I should have told you, but I also knew that it would cost you your life if you knew. The Force sent me two visions, one was of me dieing at the hands of the sith lord, the other was of you dieing at the sith lord?s hand. I couldn?t bare the thought of losing you, so I chose to put myself in your place. But don?t blame yourself, never blame yourself,? the image said.

How can I not, Master? You died in my place. How can I not blame myself?

?I know what I probably said at the end hurt you. I probably didn?t have time to tell you how I felt, so that is why I made this before we set out for Naboo again. Obi-wan, I?I love you like the son that I never had. You were there to bring me back from despair over the loss of Xanatos. You were there to make me live again. You brought me back from the dark side and saved my life and soul on more occasions than I can count. I know I rejected you when we met. I am sorry about that, I was afraid, not of you but of myself. I couldn?t trust myself to take another Padawan. But you showed me that it was Xanatos?s fault for going to the dark side not mine and I thank you for that, my son, as well as opening my heart again. Listen, Obi-wan, I do not have enough time to tell you everything but I need you to know that I love you more than life itself and I would have been honored to have had you as my son. Goodbye, my Obi-wan, we will be together someday. May the Force be with you,? the image said then winked out.

I sat there for a long time, staring at the place where the image had been. Then one by one my barriers broke down. I wept softly but soon it grew into a full-blown howl of grief. I was not allowed to cry for so long that it ha
  2. Jaded Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know where you get all of the time to write these amazing little stories, Neon Star! That was so beautiful. Just somehting about it makes you want to cry...
  3. Arctic_Wolf Jedi Knight

star 1
    I loved it very much, now I have to dry my keyboard from my tears!!! Write more stories soon!
  4. JediRogue9 Jedi Master

star 3
    oooooooo ::sniff:: ::sniff:: that was so sweet!! i liked:

"I love you more than life itself and I would have been honored to have had you as my son. Goodbye, my Obi-wan, we will be together someday."

that was a cute part. it just made me sniffle to imagine the grown up obi-wan getting carried to bed by his master. awwww!!
  5. JediRogue9 Jedi Master

star 3
  6. Neon Star Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks for the comments! I am really glad you liked it!
  7. Neon Star Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. Neon Star Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Just thought that I would bring this out of the depths.
  9. Padawan_Merlot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow that was heart wrenching...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.